• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to adapt to PM/Melee

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
Hey guys so I've been playing Smash 4 for a while now, and I kind've neglected Pm and melee so when I try to play melee/pm my character kind of feels "stuck" and i find it hard to effeciently move my character and be able to do technical stuff. Any tips on adapting back into the two games after playing smash 4 a lot?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Hey guys so I've been playing Smash 4 for a while now, and I kind've neglected Pm and melee so when I try to play melee/pm my character kind of feels "stuck" and i find it hard to effeciently move my character and be able to do technical stuff. Any tips on adapting back into the two games after playing smash 4 a lot?
Practice Melee tech in Melee if you wanna play both Melee/PM. Since the windows are tighter in Melee, it's always easier to go from a tighter input window to a looser input window rather than vice versa. Also, my one friend had this problem, you could adjust how you hold the controller so that you have a looser grip. He noticed that his grip was much more firm, which hindered his finger movement while playing. Also, the tech won't come completely natural at first. You just have to work with it. Try practicing just 15-30 mins a day doing either movement, or any kind of tech you wanna learn. Eventually it'll become muscle memory and habitual. Good luck man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom