• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying Peach out... Questions about possibly dual maining

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I got bodied a few times in a row by Peach mains in different tournies as an ICs main. This past Friday, I decided to venture into the dark side a little bit and try Peach in friendlies.

And wow. She is FUN. So much about her just feels really satisfying and I definitely want to learn more about her and play her more.

The problem is that I also really like to play ICs, and I definitely don't want to drop them. Would dual maining Peach and ICs work at all? I feel like it would slow my growth as a player, but I also want to learn the two and get better at them...

If I pick Peach up, would that help with any matchups? What matchups would you say are better for Peach than they are for ICs?

Thanks in advance! I feel like what I'm asking is pretty general, but any help would be nice!

Last edited:

BiscuitTricks

Smash Rookie
Match Ups that are better for Peach than Icies include:

Icies

. . .

But seriously, I'm probably least sure about Icies MU charts cuz they have the touch of death and so it really limits the neutral game of a lot of characters.

However, I can tell you that Peach goes even with Falco, and is about 40 - 60 with modern laser happy Fox, Marth, and arguably Sheik. Sheik goes anywhere between being a 50/50 to 40/60 depending on which Peach you ask. I know Armada said he thinks it's more 50/50. But that's also Armada.

Falcon is debatable. He's fast and so he can combo and destroy Peach, but Peach can chaingrab him, combo him, and edgeguard the shiznit outta him. I'd say it's 50/50 at worst.

Jigglypuff is pretty bad. Not unwinable, but not really fun if the Puff knows how to play 2 win. Like, 30/70 bad. Peach punish game on Rest maybe could be a bit more thought out, maybe there could be something with turnip hit into a kill move and/or combo, but it's still meh.

I believe that's the top 8. Peach also has the advantage on Yoshi and DK, lol.

Dual maining is not really recommended. Focus on your one character in tournament. Maybe if you get bodied by Peach all the time, use Peach for the ditto? Or pick up another character for that MU if you think you really need it. But generally, you want to learn all your fundamentals, character specific tech and tricks, MU knowledge, and MU intuition and instinct before you even attempt dual maining, and you should have near mastery over these.

That's not to say you can't play a little Peach in friendlies, but focus on the character you want to actually learn. Dividing your time will just make the road waaaaaaay longer.

MurderousCakes

Smash Rookie
NNID
ComboCakes
Honestly.. if you're having problems with the peach MU, I'd pick up jiggly puff.
But for dual maining them, I don't think you're getting any advantage from it.
Just my thoughts.

Top Bottom