• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Shooting the Bad Guys - Fox GD/Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Tips on fighting against Fox and a general overiview of how he plays? Haven't played as or against him very much until only recently where I met 2 really good Foxes in my scene, and got totally destroyed by one in my last tournament due to my low experience with him and not knowing what to do? I know he's a lightweight fast-faller with crazy combos and fast speed, but what else is there to know?

I play :4greninja:, :4sonic:, and sometimes :4megaman: or :4duckhunt: if it matters

Timbers

check me out
Tips on fighting against Fox and a general overiview of how he plays? Haven't played as or against him very much until only recently where I met 2 really good Foxes in my scene, and got totally destroyed by one in my last tournament due to my low experience with him and not knowing what to do? I know he's a lightweight fast-faller with crazy combos and fast speed, but what else is there to know?

I play :4greninja:, :4sonic:, and sometimes :4megaman: or :4duckhunt: if it matters
Two big things I take advantage of a lot are characters that try to land back on the stage, or characters that respect Fox's smash endlag too much due to unfamiliarity with Fox.

If you're in the air, you should always make it a priority to recover onto the ledge, rather than landing on stage. Fox's frametraps on stage are bonkers, but offstage, Fox has weak options and his ledgetraps aren't great.

When you're at kill percents, you can sit in shield a lot. Fox has poor throw followups after mid percents, and no kill throws. The worst you'll eat is ~7% chip damage and a reset to neutral. Fox also has very unsafe kill options on shield.

I'd also keep rolling to a minimum in this match. Fox has solid options for characters who roll into him, and even a roll away can lead into free DA followups or a running usmash.

Last edited:

HI5

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know what can be done about Luigi's down-b gimp? Whenever I'm recovering, my friend's Luigi follows me off the stage and does a down-b. If I up-b into it, I get caught in it, but he does it so the last hit doesn't hit me, so I'm sent downward and die immediately.

What should I be doing differently? Is there a way to DI or something so that it isn't an automatic gimp anytime I'm below the stage?

^ I asked this in the discussion thread but I'll bring it here, too.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
nothing can be done, its a gimp. you are very vulernable. dont end up there. none of luigis moves send you downward so ending up below the stage is your own choosing. if he fairs your recovery or is wrecking you off the stage, then that is what's happening and you should shine stall, always save your jump, and mix up your recovery with illusioning, but pretty much ensure you don't end up there.

Depth_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoDepth
Hello, everyone. I've been seeing some pretty weird things about Fox's u-tilt. A good friend of mines, Jazz, was using it to counter Sonic's spin dash and spin charge. I'm positive this game follows a 9% priority rule. Therefore, those moves would have to do 0% for u-tilt to be beating them, and they don't. Is this hitbox misplacement on either part? Does Fox have invulnerability on his legs? I'm confused.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Hello, everyone. I've been seeing some pretty weird things about Fox's u-tilt. A good friend of mines, Jazz, was using it to counter Sonic's spin dash and spin charge. I'm positive this game follows a 9% priority rule. Therefore, those moves would have to do 0% for u-tilt to be beating them, and they don't. Is this hitbox misplacement on either part? Does Fox have invulnerability on his legs? I'm confused.
This is more of a problem with what counters the Spins Dash, than Fox's Utilt.
As for "priority" rule I have no idea, but you can clash with certain filts or even smash attacks with jabs, so I don't believe this thing is the case, but don't quote me on this one.

But as for Spin Dash, Utilt hits behind Fox in a lovely arc outside of his hurtbox, so his leg's hurtbox would be covered by the hitbox of the kick, or something along those lines.
Fox can also fast fall Nair to knock Sonic out of the spin dash too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom