• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
I claim responsibility for being the original cause of this grievance.

Aside from that, I will be coming to this iff at least 2 other people want to come (aka people to split gas money with)

Corigames

Smash Hero
He's salty about how salty the community is. His salt of other people's salt gets in the way of his enjoyment of the game just as someone like me has salt about them self that gets in the way of their enjoyment of the game.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Phoenix Metropolitan area > Hereford > Sierra Vista > Flagstaff > Plenip > Rubyiris > Tucson > Okami spamming WD back.
I love you Xander.

Hereford > Sierra Vista

you can't expect your grievances with the tucson community to work themselves out if the problem is never stated, and if you don't want to state the problem, it's a little unfair to whoever it is causing the problem to simply be told that there's an issue without elaborating.
Regarding this. I can answer what Vman won't answer. He just doesn't like the Tucson community. At all. No one stays in SV for months on end and never goes to a tournament as a smasher unless he feels some connection to the community. He does not.

Likewise, and don't hate him for this, because this is the truth, but Vectorman is more interested in the national stage than to really deal with anyone in state. This is the truth. Tim, I am sorry, but you should let them know. Also, if you don't want to feel some resonance with the community here, Tim, I wonder why you still are the thread leader.

Regarding Jeff's personal reasons on going, last time I checked that he was personally in injury reserve. Tim, Jeff is a grown man, let him speak for himself. Don't hold his hand.

Tim's personal bias aside, I enjoy you guys very much, keep doing what you are doing.

AXE 09

Smash Master
scumbag meme might be the single best meme ever.

Jeff is more of a flake than Kyle. that's pretty bad.
Wtf? Isn't a flake someone who says they're gonna go but then doesn't?

Anyways, I can never go now because I need at least a month to request off work. But I stopped going to these tucson monthlies even before I got this job for a few reasons... sorry if all this sounds offensive but this is the truth if it's what you guys are looking for.

For one, these were getting less and less fun for me to the point where I just wasn't enjoying them anymore. Of course I love seeing my very great friends like Rob, Tim, Elvis, Shiv, Tommy, Chris, etc etc, but sometimes the way a lot of the AZ community acts and says about things like other people and the way the game is really irritates me and repels me from these tourneys.
Also, I know how ******** this is gonna sound but I'm so freakin sick of being cheered against. There's the rare person who cheers for me (thank you Rob and Tim, and on one hilarious occasion Forward lol), but I'm so tired of everyone just wanting me to lose, and everyone goes so crazy whenever someone does something against me but if I get a combo or anything, everyone's kinda just like "blah... gay/dumb/ohwell/etc". I know, I need to learn to just suck it up and block out what people say and stuff, but I'm a very emotional player and it just makes me feel so freakin bad being cheered against constantly. This is a big reason why I love out of state tournaments so much more.

One other thing is that I was very tired of having to be the one to take my car and drive all the time using my own gas money. I know the gas money is my fault for not asking for it, but I guess I always hope people would be courteous and offer it to me for some reason cuz I'm dumb lol, and for some reason I just feel bad asking people for money even if it's fair. Regardless, I still have to be the one using my car driving all the way there and back, especially after a long day at the tourney having to drop everyone off at like 4am. I know it's stupid and I have no right to be complaining about it, and that's why I never did. And I still don't want to right now but I know a lot of you want me to speak for myself.

:phone:

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Furthermore, Jeff went to...well, I believe actually every single tournament I hosted up until he had surgery...and as he already said, drove every single time. I know there are others of you who went every single time as well, but, think about it. That number is pretty small. You've got maybe Tai, Xander, and I who've gone to every single one. But who's next who's gone to the largest number of these? Tony and Jeff, most likely. Meh, I'm just rambling.

At any rate, Jeff, you're fine. Let me know if you can make the March 31st one at least.

Hope to see the rest of you guys at both the Phoenix tourney next weekend and the Tucson one the weekend after.

If anyone has any further questions you want to ask me personally, text me. It's really the only thing I use to communicate 24/7. (949) 290-1744

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion

Anyways, I can never go now because I need at least a month to request off work. But I stopped going to these tucson monthlies even before I got this job for a few reasons... sorry if all this sounds offensive but this is the truth if it's what you guys are looking for.

For one, these were getting less and less fun for me to the point where I just wasn't enjoying them anymore. Of course I love seeing my very great friends like Rob, Tim, Elvis, Shiv, Tommy, Chris, etc etc, but sometimes the way a lot of the AZ community acts and says about things like other people and the way the game is really irritates me and repels me from these tourneys.
Also, I know how ******** this is gonna sound but I'm so freakin sick of being cheered against. There's the rare person who cheers for me (thank you Rob and Tim, and on one hilarious occasion Forward lol), but I'm so tired of everyone just wanting me to lose, and everyone goes so crazy whenever someone does something against me but if I get a combo or anything, everyone's kinda just like "blah... gay/dumb/ohwell/etc". I know, I need to learn to just suck it up and block out what people say and stuff, but I'm a very emotional player and it just makes me feel so freakin bad being cheered against constantly. This is a big reason why I love out of state tournaments so much more.

One other thing is that I was very tired of having to be the one to take my car and drive all the time using my own gas money. I know the gas money is my fault for not asking for it, but I guess I always hope people would be courteous and offer it to me for some reason cuz I'm dumb lol, and for some reason I just feel bad asking people for money even if it's fair. Regardless, I still have to be the one using my car driving all the way there and back, especially after a long day at the tourney having to drop everyone off at like 4am. I know it's stupid and I have no right to be complaining about it, and that's why I never did. And I still don't want to right now but I know a lot of you want me to speak for myself.

Not hiding anything, Elvis, and I thank you for stating something for me, I could've/would've gladly stated it, but it'd serve no purpose..

In regards to you Tai, on your response, about saying something is wrong, then not telling what's wrong, Jeff has elaborated in his quote above in which I have underlined. Things like this it's merely common-sense that I see, that you all don't. Me stating, it wouldn't change the relevance of you understanding it... I'd rather not waste effort knowing the result won't change anyway.

What I've put in bold and Italic above in Axe's quote are similar reasons why i too, don't attend these, granted not as severe, and sure I'm not at the level is Axe yet, but when I was, top before everyone
grew huge egos, etc, thought they could tell me who to play etc.
familiar things were being said/stated...Nationals is where the REAL stage is at.

@Elvis, congrats I'm glad you're concerned on what I do for Jeff, that isn't your concern. You and I all ALL OF AZ/THE WORLD, knows how soft, nice Axe is... I'm simply stating something to give him a better peace of mind, not doing it for him.. make sure you understand that before you judge... All in all, I appreciate you understanding, (well somewhat understand)

Anyway that's all I need to say.

Again, it'll go in one ear and out the other, like it always has with our community, so I'll just wait for another problem to happen, just to say I was right..

Corigames

Smash Hero
"Again, it'll go in one ear and out the other, like it always has with our community"
If you have a raw attitude toward other people, they are going to return it to you. In the time that I've been back, the only things you've had to say to the community are condemnations for their attitude. I can't speak for anyone else, but you sound like a pompous prick. You sit in your fortress of solitude in SV with your "proper mindset" while bashing everyone else in state. You are just as bad as other Arizonans, which is why you need to get off your high horse. The only times you say anything in any thread is when you do your passive-aggressive "I would say something, but you lot of ***** wouldn't pay attention. QQ." Yes, I get it, you hate us. You are part of the AZ problem, though. You have as much anger as everyone else, you just think you are above it.

The things you say hurt on a level far more than any salty expletives, which makes you twice the ***. But, hey, you won't listen to this and just keep on being a jerk regardless, right?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
"Again, it'll go in one ear and out the other, like it always has with our community"
If you have a raw attitude toward other people, they are going to return it to you. In the time that I've been back, the only things you've had to say to the community are condemnations for their attitude. I can't speak for anyone else, but you sound like a pompous prick. You sit in your fortress of solitude in SV with your "proper mindset" while bashing everyone else in state. You are just as bad as other Arizonans, which is why you need to get off your high horse. The only times you say anything in any thread is when you do your passive-aggressive "I would say something, but you lot of ***** wouldn't pay attention. QQ." Yes, I get it, you hate us. You are part of the AZ problem, though. You have as much anger as everyone else, you just think you are above it.

The things you say hurt on a level far more than any salty expletives, which makes you twice the ***. But, hey, you won't listen to this and just keep on being a jerk regardless, right?
I know, I must be THAT awesome.. :)

bubz

Smash Rookie
wow, i haven't been on in ages. but tim, you just gotta let things go. Whenever you want other people to change, normally you end up changing yourself. just let it go......... this will always happen. somebody will complain about something, xander will instigate it, tai will say something intelligent to defend himself of his doings, you'll respond to xander and tai at the same time, jeff will come in, elvis will come in, youll confirm what jeff is saying, corey will say some smartass remark, and ill come in repeating this ****. just give up tim, nothings going to change. Just ignore everyone if they say something or just keep what you said about AZ not listening as your sig or something. Basically, just let it go..........

bubz

Smash Rookie
Also, tim there are a lot of bad people out there. Almost everyone in the world is bad. Nobody is a good person. There's a lot of bad in a lot of people. Just the way things are.

@corey- theres a saying, "if you are talking about something and you have no knowledge of it, then you have no right to talk about it. You must research." since you infer that tim is not above everyone else using the information that you have gained in the little time that you have been back into the smash scene, means that you have no primary knowledge of his situation, so you have no right to talk. and i already know your rebuttle is going to be (with an angry tone) "oh! im sorry i cant speak my mind, because i JUST got back into the smash scene! i have the right of the first amendment to have freedom of speech, assembly and being white! yada yada yada......" and i know youre next reply to this is going to be "what does my nationality have to do with any of this? what youre saying about how i would reply is insulting blah blah blah" there, all the smartass remarks you could make are already done for you. so no need to reply corey.

Corigames

Smash Hero
No, I make my remarks from experience in talking to Tim in private over AIM. I do know his situation, at least what he's wanted to tell me about what he's gone through since I left. How about you apply that advice to yourself.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Corey, you know alot, but only Jeff, Joey, Sebastion, Elvis know everything... You just have a very small generalization of it... not the big picture itself. What we talked about over AIM, is nothing compared to what you think you know.. In this case, Joey is indeed correct by a long shot.

I honestly think at this point we just agree to disagree.

Anyway, I still respect everyone, just some things should be different, but even then, I shouldn't be one to speak either..

Anyway about these upcoming tournaments, hope they both go well.. Good luck everyone.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

Hey man it's good to hear your thoughts on it at least. As Tai stated, you can't change what you don't know.

As far as how some people act I'm not sure if I'm ever one of them but if I do something that bugs you Jeff just let me know, I like to think we're decent friends but that maybe we weren't as great of friend's before because you were my brother's rival or something like that :p. I think this is also why I wouldn't cheer for you lol so yeah just let me know if I ever seem out of line or anything like that.

I would also attribute the being cheered against to the fact that you're in Tucson. You get more of what happens when you're in a city OF those players. I'd say use music if you can't deal with it because it's bound to happen at some point and could even happen at national stages when even if you're a fan favorite another person is even MORE of a fan fave so they root for them instead. Small monthly tournaments are good ways to prepare yourself for what you have to get used to. I'm not trying to say suck it up by any means but just that yes it IS always going to be there so try and use the best possible ways of dealing with it.

Gas money, you really just have to ask people. Kindness is one thing, being stepped on is another though. There's a line where you have to be assertive with others, and it isn't being mean, it's just being firm and showing that you have some type of control with what goes on in your life. Take charge.

Not hiding anything, Elvis, and I thank you for stating something for me, I could've/would've gladly stated it, but it'd serve no purpose..

In regards to you Tai, on your response, about saying something is wrong, then not telling what's wrong, Jeff has elaborated in his quote above in which I have underlined. Things like this it's merely common-sense that I see, that you all don't. Me stating, it wouldn't change the relevance of you understanding it... I'd rather not waste effort knowing the result won't change anyway.

What I've put in bold and Italic above in Axe's quote are similar reasons why i too, don't attend these, granted not as severe, and sure I'm not at the level is Axe yet, but when I was, top before everyone
grew huge egos, etc, thought they could tell me who to play etc.
familiar things were being said/stated...Nationals is where the REAL stage is at.

@Elvis, congrats I'm glad you're concerned on what I do for Jeff, that isn't your concern. You and I all ALL OF AZ/THE WORLD, knows how soft, nice Axe is... I'm simply stating something to give him a better peace of mind, not doing it for him.. make sure you understand that before you judge... All in all, I appreciate you understanding, (well somewhat understand)

Anyway that's all I need to say.

Again, it'll go in one ear and out the other, like it always has with our community, so I'll just wait for another problem to happen, just to say I was right..
I don't understand what you're trying to get at. You have problems with AZ people you claim, right? Then bring it up with them. What's so hard about that? If you don't want to bring it up with others, then how can we help? More important, why is it that because of what certain people said at some point probably over TWO years ago, EFFECT you to the point where you no longer care to be part of a community? Why do you make it seem like no matter what ANYONE in AZ you EVER have a problem with does to change to make the problem go away that you seem to have an excuse for why you still have a problem?

Why are you so bitter and angry with everything it seems? Are you even reading this or going to read this? Should I have even written this?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer

Just gonna let everyone know that when I'm giving you guys ****... I'm just joking. I don't actually hate anyone
except Okami* :p
. I'm just having fun, if you don't like it just let me know. Anyone that's been around me for a while should know that, but I just want to make sure everyone understands that to avoid any further drama.

*Also a joke*

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey man it's good to hear your thoughts on it at least. As Tai stated, you can't change what you don't know.

As far as how some people act I'm not sure if I'm ever one of them but if I do something that bugs you Jeff just let me know, I like to think we're decent friends but that maybe we weren't as great of friend's before because you were my brother's rival or something like that :p. I think this is also why I would cheer for you lol so yeah just let me know if I ever seem out of line or anything like that.

I would also attribute the being cheered against to the fact that you're in Tucson. You get more of what happens when you're in a city OF those players. I'd say use music if you can't deal with it because it's bound to happen at some point and could even happen at national stages when even if you're a fan favorite another person is even MORE of a fan fave so they root for them instead. Small monthly tournaments are good ways to prepare yourself for what you have to get used to. I'm not trying to say suck it up by any means but just that yes it IS always going to be there so try and use the best possible ways of dealing with it.

Gas money, you really just have to ask people. Kindness is one thing, being stepped on is another though. There's a line where you have to be assertive with others, and it isn't being mean, it's just being firm and showing that you have some type of control with what goes on in your life. Take charge.

I don't understand what you're trying to get at. You have problems with AZ people you claim, right? Then bring it up with them. What's so hard about that? If you don't want to bring it up with others, then how can we help? More important, why is it that because of what certain people said at some point probably over TWO years ago, EFFECT you to the point where you no longer care to be part of a community? Why do you make it seem like no matter what ANYONE in AZ you EVER have a problem with does to change to make the problem go away that you seem to have an excuse for why you still have a problem?

Why are you so bitter and angry with everything it seems? Are you even reading this or going to read this? Should I have even written this?
I've read, and acknowledged your post Spencer, and it was nice to see it, as for why it still bothers me, it's similar to Jeff's. It should've never gotten to that point to begin with, but what's done is done, and noone will understand anyway. Sure it's a mix of my pride, fine so be it, bottom line, it should've never gotten to that point to begin with

@Rubyiris - good, I'm glad you didn't stoop down to my level, shows me from what I've heard about you, that you TRULY are changing for the better. I'm very happy to hear that, and kinda random, but I'm glad your achieving some of your goals, such as your losing weight, and furthering your skills in the game, and becoming a better person.
This I TRULY mean with all my heart,
but you can take it as you please...

@Taj - In a sense understands what I'm trying to say, at the same time disagrees with me on aspects, and honestly has opened my eyes to some things... So yeah he's right on my thought process perhaps being "flawed" However, it still is what it is...

I'M the one that felt the way, and got offended/hurt.. whatever you wanna call it. It's not something that can just be taken back... I'm not like most, and will accept a "mere" apology as if nothing went wrong to begin with.. Maybe Jeff, others are, me, no..

So yeah I won't deny, I'm indeed "somewhat" wrong/overseeing things.. however, most of you don't understand from my perspective, so as I said earlier, in some cases, it's just best to agree to disagree.. nothing more.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I've read, and acknowledged your post Spencer, and it was nice to see it, as for why it still bothers me, it's similar to Jeff's. It should've never gotten to that point to begin with, but what's done is done, and noone will understand anyway. Sure it's a mix of my pride, fine so be it, bottom line, it should've never gotten to that point to begin with

@Rubyiris - good, I'm glad you didn't stoop down to my level, shows me from what I've heard about you, that you TRULY are changing for the better. I'm very happy to hear that, and kinda random, but I'm glad your achieving some of your goals, such as your losing weight, and furthering your skills in the game, and becoming a better person.
This I TRULY mean with all my heart,
but you can take it as you please...

@Taj - In a sense understands what I'm trying to say, at the same time disagrees with me on aspects, and honestly has opened my eyes to some things... So yeah he's right on my thought process perhaps being "flawed" However, it still is what it is...

I'M the one that felt the way, and got offended/hurt.. whatever you wanna call it. It's not something that can just be taken back... I'm not like most, and will accept a "mere" apology as if nothing went wrong to begin with.. Maybe Jeff, others are, me, no..

So yeah I won't deny, I'm indeed "somewhat" wrong/overseeing things.. however, most of you don't understand from my perspective, so as I said earlier, in some cases, it's just best to agree to disagree.. nothing more.
Never gotten to what point? You've never OUTRIGHT STATED any one specific problem you've had with anyone. How can you expect people to change without saying anything? We can't all be mind readers and just do everything you want to hear or see. We are our own unique people with unique personalities. There are also things I don't like about other smashers but it doesn't keep me at such a bitter standpoint with them that I disagree with most of what they stand for or say.

If there's a problem you have to be more assertive about it. I can say it over and over again but it won't make a difference until you actually do it and put it into place. So go ahead and keep hating or disliking or whatever word you want to use that "correctly" justifies how you feel about the AZ community, because nothing will change until you speak up and do something about it, and everyone who doesn't care about how you feel is justified in not caring as well because you're not saying anything.

Pick your poison. The fault lies on both parties. You're not the only one entitled to it all.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm pretty certain I speak for the Tucson community when I say this:

Jeff, we love you. I know I said earlier that I have zero respect for you, but that really isn't the case. We're frustrated that you refuse to open up to us. We love having you at our tournaments. We love hanging out. We would really appreciate it if you could help us understand you better so that we can make you feel welcomed, end comfortable in our community, and most importantly, we want you to be able to have fun.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
That's fine. I pretty much deserve that.

I'd be happy to not attend tournaments if it meant you'd start going to them again, though.

Also you're right, flaky wasn't the right word for what I was trying to say though. Wasn't nice either way.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'm pretty certain I speak for the Tucson community when I say this:

Jeff, we love you. I know I said earlier that I have zero respect for you, but that really isn't the case. We're frustrated that you refuse to open up to us. We love having you at our tournaments. We love hanging out. We would really appreciate it if you could help us understand you better so that we can make you feel welcomed, end comfortable in our community, and most importantly, we want you to be able to have fun.

You're not helping anything.

Stfu xander, you have the freakin nerve to call me that and say that about me and my best friend. IDGAF how hard you try to change, I will NEVER have the slightest bit of respect for you.

<_>

Xander you're too headstrong sometimes.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
cut the stupid bickering
Going to reiterate this once more. It's one thing if you want to make your voice heard...but it's a whole other thing if you're going to start doing things like this:

-Jeff is more of a flake than Kyle. that's pretty bad.

-Again, it'll go in one ear and out the other, like it always has with our community, so I'll just wait for another problem to happen, just to say I was right...

-But, hey, you won't listen to this and just keep on being a jerk regardless, right?

-Why are you so bitter and angry with everything it seems? Are you even reading this or going to read this? Should I have even written this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could go on, but basically, the point I'm trying to make is...Read your posts over before you click the button. Say your opinions if you want. Just stop hurting others, stop doing name calling, and stop needlessly assuming things.

Now, I'm off to go to Okami things. Like drink lots of tea, watch my friend show me her aegyo, and cuddle stuffed wolves. ^___^;

P.S. I enjoyed Tony's spoiler.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
What kind of fecal tornado did I just walk into?

Here are my observations and thoughts.

Tucson is definitely the whiniest. Holy ****.

I'm glad the quiet ones have opened up more. However, it still feels like you're leaving out critical information, hiding thoughts you don't want to discuss. You don't need to discuss it if you don't want to, of course. But I still have a feeling something is missing in these walls of text.

Jeff, people love watching you play. They cheer against you because you're not the underdog. Nothing personal. They just know you're so ridiculously good at this game and don't think you need the cheering. It's not good reasoning, but you should be more aware that it actually stems from respect for you as a player. Nobody thinks you're a bad guy and we still get blown away by your techskill.

To the people who are speaking on behalf of other people, stop it. Not everyone is as articulate as Tony, but don't speak for someone unless they ask you to. Too much misrepresentation going around here.

As far as gas goes, I'm enough of an *** to look someone in the eye and say, "$5 or stay out of my car." Jeff is too much of a sweetheart to turn anyone away, and those of you who take advantage of that are little ****heads. If you've accepted rides from him withou trying to put money in his hand, **** you. I wouldn't be suprised if Jeff ended up being too nice to accept the money. If you don't have money to pay him gas, make money like he does so he can afford to drive around. Anyways, this paragraph is for all of you that ever take rides from other smashers. Don't ask Jeff if he wants gas money, who doesn't? He might be nice and decline if you ask. Just leave a few bucks in his cupholder to genuinely show you appreciate his auto expenses and extra 40 minutes of his time at 2am he sacrificed to take you home when he could have been in bed
or logging in to Bang Bros.
by then.

Also, some of you are being far too passive-aggressive. The ****. Some drama now and then is healthy but this behavior is making **** build up pressure and explode into dumb emotional arguments.

I haven't visited SV or Hereford in a while :/ and Elvis when the **** is your big wedding so I can plan for that ****.

Too lazy to proofread what I wrote since I typeds this from my phone.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@Okami - You forgot Axe's quote,

"I will NEVER have the slightest bit of respect for you."

Granted i'm not saying, I disagree with Axe's emotions.. but if you're telling everyone to "cut it" then you need to include everyone too.. :)

@Jackie - I like his post, He understands "common-sense" more than most people. It's nice

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yes...I'm going to long post again.

Going to reiterate this once more. It's one thing if you want to make your voice heard...but it's a whole other thing if you're going to start doing things like this:

-Jeff is more of a flake than Kyle. that's pretty bad.

-Again, it'll go in one ear and out the other, like it always has with our community, so I'll just wait for another problem to happen, just to say I was right...

-But, hey, you won't listen to this and just keep on being a jerk regardless, right?

-Why are you so bitter and angry with everything it seems? Are you even reading this or going to read this? Should I have even written this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could go on, but basically, the point I'm trying to make is...Read your posts over before you click the button. Say your opinions if you want. Just stop hurting others, stop doing name calling, and stop needlessly assuming things.

Now, I'm off to go to Okami things. Like drink lots of tea, watch my friend show me her aegyo, and cuddle stuffed wolves. ^___^;

P.S. I enjoyed Tony's spoiler.
Oh I read my post plenty. I just want to know that I'm taken seriously when asked to be. I don't ask for much, hell I'm not even much a part of the community, but I hate to see bad blood go down between anyone. But everyone needs to know where frustration lies with others and everyone needs to know when they are equally at fault. It's only fair that way, no?

What kind of fecal tornado did I just walk into?

Here are my observations and thoughts.

Tucson is definitely the whiniest. Holy ****.

I'm glad the quiet ones have opened up more. However, it still feels like you're leaving out critical information, hiding thoughts you don't want to discuss. You don't need to discuss it if you don't want to, of course. But I still have a feeling something is missing in these walls of text.

Jeff, people love watching you play. They cheer against you because you're not the underdog. Nothing personal. They just know you're so ridiculously good at this game and don't think you need the cheering. It's not good reasoning, but you should be more aware that it actually stems from respect for you as a player. Nobody thinks you're a bad guy and we still get blown away by your techskill.

To the people who are speaking on behalf of other people, stop it. Not everyone is as articulate as Tony, but don't speak for someone unless they ask you to. Too much misrepresentation going around here.

As far as gas goes, I'm enough of an *** to look someone in the eye and say, "$5 or stay out of my car." Jeff is too much of a sweetheart to turn anyone away, and those of you who take advantage of that are little ****heads. If you've accepted rides from him withou trying to put money in his hand, **** you. I wouldn't be suprised if Jeff ended up being too nice to accept the money. If you don't have money to pay him gas, make money like he does so he can afford to drive around. Anyways, this paragraph is for all of you that ever take rides from other smashers. Don't ask Jeff if he wants gas money, who doesn't? He might be nice and decline if you ask. Just leave a few bucks in his cupholder to genuinely show you appreciate his auto expenses and extra 40 minutes of his time at 2am he sacrificed to take you home when he could have been in bed
or logging in to Bang Bros.
by then.

Also, some of you are being far too passive-aggressive. The ****. Some drama now and then is healthy but this behavior is making **** build up pressure and explode into dumb emotional arguments.

I haven't visited SV or Hereford in a while :/ and Elvis when the **** is your big wedding so I can plan for that ****.

Too lazy to proofread what I wrote since I typeds this from my phone.

I agree with why people don't root for you Jeff. You're expected to win so people want others to win. And yes we are still blown away by your tech skill. I love playing against you Jeff because you challenge me to new levels, I think you have good advice(even IF you don't think you give it good :p), and I always learn something new.

While I do also agree that anyone who mooches off Jeff is an absolute **** who deserves to be stuck in the literal iron maiden for such actions, it's also on said person to make sure those people don't take advantage of them. Humans are opportunistic, greedy, whatever you want to say. It's bound to happen whether we want it to or not, whether it's friends we've known for years or people we just barely met, it WILL happen. YOU have to take a stand though.

@Okami - You forgot Axe's quote,

"I will NEVER have the slightest bit of respect for you."

Granted i'm not saying, I disagree with Axe's emotions.. but if you're telling everyone to "cut it" then you need to include everyone too.. :)

@Jackie - I like his post, He understands "common-sense" more than most people. It's nice
The thing you said about Jackie is the type of thing Rob (seems) to be sick of seeing. And yet so is me responding to you. Oh the irony...

I'm curious if you guys wanna have a discussion where we all sit down instead of a side tourney sometime.
I'm open to this. I'm not even part of the community at all really anymore but I'd like to do this rather I'm part of the problem anyone has with me or not, I'd like to help be part of the solution to make the AZ smash scene more tight knit and together than we seem to be now.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@Spencer - you are indeed correct on my behalf, I was just hoping someone would notice... Similar to how Xander noticed, my thoughts, on an earlier post... today.

I'm honestly glad someone just acknowledged it...

I'll be good for a awhile... seems I've been noticed.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Nothing I say here I wouldn't say to your face under similar conditions. When I see someone act like an arrogant jerk, I'm going to point it out. If they blurt out a long winded speech that attacks and insults me, I'm going to speak up. Maybe I'm over emotional, maybe I'm ignorant on some things, but, as Joey said, by god I've got First Amendment rights and I'm going to use them. Maybe other people want to pent up their anger and slide it in on people every once in a while, but I'm passed that. I'm done holding on to anger, letting opportunities pass by, just to bring it up later out of place and context. I'm going to speak my mind when my mind wants to speak and **** you if you think I shouldn't. Eloquent? No. Honest? Yes.

Someone pissed me off, someone I would call a friend, I'm going to tell them why. Problem?

Top Bottom