• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Truly Unique

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Ness is wrong,
Lucario's Aurosphere has a hitbox out while charging, so Ness is not unique in that regard.

Pikachu is the only character to be able to cancel his shield break animation on a non-slanted ledge.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ness is wrong,
Lucario's Aurosphere has a hitbox out while charging, so Ness is not unique in that regard.

Pikachu is the only character to be able to cancel his shield break animation on a non-slanted ledge.

lucario's aura sphere is not a smash attack

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ness is the only character with a smash attack that can't charge next to a ledge.
It also keeps a constant hitbox out and doesn't add knockback or damage when charged.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
ZSS is the only character who can footstool jump off of items (with her down b)

Pit is the only char with 2 reflectors

Frown

poekmon
King Dedede is the only character with a single hitbox that can potentially stay out forever (Super Dedede Jump + G&W's uair).

Ganondorf is the only character with a tilt attack that's more powerful than all of his smashes.

Sonic is the only character with a recovery move that other characters can use.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
Peach is the only character than can pluck items (Beam Sword, Mr Saturn, Bob-omb)

I also think her Fsmash is quite unique, but I don't know how to say it ;p

:053:
Dedede can throw capsules.

Peach's Fsmash might be the only smash attack with 3 different animations and effects.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
- Mr. Game and Watch is the only character that makes an extra sound when charging smash attacks. Everyone else either makes a 'pop' sound effect or a 'crack' sound effect. When charging smash attacks, G&W makes the 'crack' sound effect along with some beeps.

- Mr. Game and Watch is the only character that doesn't move while charging smash attacks.

- ROB is the only inorganic character.

- Zelda is the only character with an amazing star KO scream.

- Zelda is the only character that has a smash attack as her fastest attack.

- Samus is the only character with a 'ghost pummel' (it sometimes doesn't hit on select characters)

bobson

Smash Lord
Sonic is the only character with a recovery move that other characters can use.
You wouldn't be saying that if you used G&W. I've ruined many a gimp by up-Bing too close and assisting their recovery with the windboxes.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
- Mr. Game and Watch is the only character that doesn't move while charging smash attacks.
Sonic Fsmash doesnt let him move at all.

- Zelda is the only character with an amazing star KO scream.
Peach?

- Zelda is the only character that has a smash attack as her fastest attack.
Rob's Dsmash is his fastest move IIRC

- Samus is the only character with a 'ghost pummel' (it sometimes doesn't hit on select characters)
sad huh?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Sonic Fsmash doesnt let him move at all.

While charging his FSmash he's clearly swinging his arm in circles. While G&W charges hsi smashes, he simply freezes in place until the smash is released.

Peach's star KO scream is meh. Zelda's is utterly fantastic.

Rob's Dsmash is his fastest move IIRC
*checks frame data*

His jab is 3 frames, making DSmash his second fastest move by 1 frame.

Sarlasy, nothing on ROB? He's the only character with an exhaustible recovery. He's the only character with a reflector that can move him. He's the only character that has a projectile that can still deal damage even after it's lost momentum.

I could go on and on. >.>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Mario is the only character with the longest taunt, and the only character who has a taunt that removes an article of clothing.

Marth is the only character that has a special move like Dancing place.

Javon89

Smash Ace
Mario can use his cape to make opponent teleport behind the ledge, for instance Marth use Dolphin Slash then Mario uses the cape on stage. It hits Marth at the right time and ends up hanging behind the ledge screwing up his recovery and an opportunity to stage spike.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Mario can use his cape to make opponent teleport behind the ledge, for instance Marth use Dolphin Slash then Mario uses the cape on stage. It hits Marth at the right time and ends up hanging behind the ledge screwing up his recovery and an opportunity to stage spike.
I dont think glitches count, and it's possible with pit's side B because it reflects the same way like Mario's cape.

waterfall6464

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure, but I think Mario has the fastest attack out of shield, with his up-b coming out in three frames.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
While charging his FSmash he's clearly swinging his arm in circles. While G&W charges hsi smashes, he simply freezes in place until the smash is released.
Oh you meat that kind of movement, that the animation is just 1 frame.

Peach's star KO scream is meh. Zelda's is utterly fantastic.
LIEZ!

*checks frame data*

His jab is 3 frames, making DSmash his second fastest move by 1 frame.
DOH!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
If Sheik has the same Star KO scream as Melee, she has the best one hands down.

I will admit Zelda has the best grabbing-the-ledge sound, though. That little meep.

Also, Olimar's up special is the only tether recovery that has a hitbox out as it's tethering to the ledge.

Jonas

Smash Champion
All moves can break a shield if it's small enough. Marth's Shield Breaker special move is just especially good at it (needs to be charged for a while to do a whole lot though).

But again, Marth's Shield Breaker is the BEST shield breaker in the game and, as Frown would put it, we avoid superlatives.

On a side note, Ganon is the only veteran who grew a beard before Brawl came out :bee:

EDIT: Woo 300th post =D

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
olimar- Moves are based entirely on pikmen.(Kinda broad but i don't know how to word it)

thats not true his tilts and nair don't use pikmen

Also for ROB this is just a rumor but i hear hes a robot

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
All moves can break a shield if it's small enough. Marth's Shield Breaker special moves is just especially good at it (needs to be charged for a while to do a whole lot though).

But again, Marth's Shield Breaker is the BEST shield breaker in the game and, as Frown would put it, we avoid superlatives.
Actually shieldbreaker requires no charge. There are only two types of shield damage that it'll do: uncharged, and fully charged.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if this counts as anything, but I'll go with it.

:marth: The only character who can't use bair twice in a row. I could be wrong.

Llumys

Smash Champion
He can't bair in the same direction twice in a row, but that is because of his unique ability to turn around with bair. It's the same idea.

Uffe

Smash Hero
He can't bair in the same direction twice in a row, but that is because of his unique ability to turn around with bair. It's the same idea.
I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me now or not.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Marth is also the only character that has a move that counts as 4 different moves in move staling. (Dancing Blade)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm agreeing with you, but the way you're saying it could be better.
Yeah, I think that a better way of putting it is "Marth has the only b-air that can change the direction he's facing."

(By the way, nothing can compare to Pikachu's Star KO scream in 64. Nothing.)

:069:

Top Bottom