• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with wavedash

Myy

Smash Rookie
Hi Mewtwo Fans,

I'm very impressed with project M, I've always been a loyal Mewtwo fan and have played him even when the odds were against me.

I'm very happy with Mewtwo overall, kinda seems weird with the big eyes, but move-wise, pretty happy.

The issue I'm having is when I try to wavedash, I keep on activating the hovering. I feel pretty confidant using the wavedashing using other characters, but I can't seem to reliably wavedash when using mewtwo. Has anybody else had this issue?

~Myy

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
If you're activating hover, you're probably holding the jump button for too long. Pressing down while holding jump activates hover.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
dRevan64 said:
His jump has a 5 frame startup, so he's airborne on frame 6.
Ok then it'll be interesting learning mewtwo, in melee I'm terrible at wavedashing with characters that are airborne on frame 6 (like Falco) and good with frame 4 characters (Sheik)

CeLL

Smash Lord
I wavedash fine with him, but occasionally I do activate the hover during the wavedash, but it has no effect, since you can airdodge out of hover. If you are hovering at ground level, I think you're pressing shield too early, before you leave the ground.

Top Bottom