• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with Marth (grab questions)

varus

Smash Rookie
Hi, just to start out I'm pretty new to this game, so sorry in advance if this is a noobish question...
Well anyways, I understand peach pretty well, I did research and stuff ( regarding Peach tech like fc aerials djc etc etc and have a pretty good idea about whats good about her heh (down smash plox) in addition to basic tech skills as in dash dancing jc grabs/smashes l cancel etc) of course these things are not really close to being cemented in, but I just had a question about the Marth matchup: I can fare ok with it even though its campy and I don't like that, but at really early percents if the Marth gets a grab, he can just pummel, forward throw and dash re-grab... I've tried DIing all over the place, but I still can't escape it until the edge or higher percents. Sometimes I can air dodge out of it, but idk why.
This is just a guess, but to get out, do I just have to wiggle to get out of the tumble and nair or something?

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Up until about 8% if you DI down and away and then buffer a spot dodge, Marth's grab will whiff if he goes for it instantly. Higher than that (still with DI down and away), I think you can just land and dsmash, tech if you're in tumble, or nair him if he goes for the regrab, depending on percents. If he's pummeling you below 40%, you should be able to break out before the throw with a good mash.

Top Bottom