• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tristate Gaming - SSBM Tournament - Elmsford, NY - 1/21/07 (now with low-tier!)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
When:
Sunday, January 21, 2007, 2:00 PM

Where:
The Gaming Theater at Sportime USA
380 Saw Mill River Rd.
Elmsford , NY 10523
914-592-0111

Description:
TGT and TOURNAMENT SUNDAY PRESENTS:

Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament XV

The tournament will be 1v1 - Double Elimination
$20 Entry Fee ($10 singles / $10 low-tier singles)
If you can only stay for singles you will get your $10 for low-tier refunded.

Tournament will be held @
THE GAMING THEATER
380 Saw Mill River Rd.
Inside Sportime USA
Elmsford, NY 10523

www.thegamingtheater.com/events.html
914-592-0111

WINNERS GET 50% OF THE POT

70% to First Place, 30% to Second Place
(i.e. if $400 POT, $200 gets divided into $140 for First Place and $60 for Second Place)

Rules:
MLG Rules, but if you end up playing a newb (and there usually are a few) it doesn't really matter. We all know what is fair and what isn't fair, and if you have a question just ask someone reputable.

Sets are best of 3.
Winners/Losers finals are best of 5.
Grand Finals are best of 7.

For more information about future TGT events see: http://lanparty.meetup.com/150/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, there will only be a singles tournament. A 2v2 tourney would not work in this venue, and people who were there last time can vouch for me on this one. When TGT expands to a new location (should be happening very soon) then 2v2 will become a possibility.

Also, hopefully the venue won't get rented out by a private party this time. If it isn't we can do a 2v2 for fun (no money, or maybe like $1 lol) possibly.

And...WE NEED GCNS/SSBM DISCS!!!
List of stuff:

TheGamingTheater: 3 GCNs / 2 SSBMs
Nintendude: 1 SSBM
Soan: 1 GCN / 1 SSBM
Phish-it: 1 GCN / 1 SSBM
Ruroni (super_nintendo): 1 GCN? / 1 SSBM
-------
Total: 6 GCNs / 6 SSBMs

If you can bring stuff then post it and I'll add you to the list. We can have at most 7 stations, and hopefully we will have that many. TVs are already taken care of by the venue.

See you all there!

ky

Smash Ace
hey nintendude lets hope you don't fight me round 1 this time again cause then it will be 4 times in a row

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Count me in, Just need Directions from Train Station And im there
You should contact MJ, the guy who owns the venue. He's knowledgeable about that kind of stuff it seems. You can reach him on the meetup site or you can call the phone number.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Also I think lightxdream (Alex) is coming to run this, since he is a friend of MJ. He said he's going to see if Killa Fleet wants to come. This can be huge!

phish-it

Smash Champion
Are we going to get kicked out at 5:00 again? Please try to get a low tier singles in since teams is not on option, and 50% of the pot taken is pretty hefty.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
As far as I know...nothing is going on that day so it seems ok to me. In terms of the pot...other venues have done this as well so it is not really an issue...smaller venues like to turn profit at these events. As with any event like this your going to take a loss from your potential biz but taking 50% helps to soften the blow. This is my opinion but please do come as I will be running it and I will attempt to bring some KF members with me to help the competition get stiff there.

Johnathan "AlexStrife" Lugo

^^

phish-it

Smash Champion
I'm still coming to this, but I mentioned in the last tournament thread; since the store needs $10 per person to make a profit, why not just hold 2 tournaments? A Singles and low tier and take 25% of the pot from both of them, the store will still be making the same profit and the winners will make a fair sum themselves.

I can bring a cube as well.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'd rather just have the store take 50% of the singles pot and have cheap/free low tier tournament mainly for fun. I'm not about to blow $20 on a low tier tournament, and $20 for singles is already very steep in my opinion. I hear that in California $5 tournaments are common. In the NYC area that's just about unheard of.

Smash should be a lot more about the fun than the money too.

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
idk whyy people complain about the pots, when im the one that takes all the money??? lol im j/k i just want to talk trash to stir up competition... i am undefeated at these!!

phish-it

Smash Champion
Heh, Tetra I don't really care about the pot since I'm not the one winning, but I think it would just make sense to hold something besides a single tournament. A free low tier would be fine, but you could also do something like a $10 singles and 10$ low tier.

Actually, maybe a $5 low tier would be better.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Bino might attend this and i will ask the other BARs as well

If i can get em to attend this than that means that AvalanchE will be there at full force... who dare stands in our way hahahahaha

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Which of these options would you guys prefer?

1. $20 singles / free or really cheap low tier singles
2. $10 singles / $10 low tier

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'd go for $10 to $10. Hazzy and I may come to this one again, not sure. I wanna rematch against your Peach Nintendude!! :)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Turns out Alex probably won't be running this one since he said he can't make it, so the venue owner will do it instead. He's pretty good at it though, so everything should be okay. The only thing he's kind of clueless about is the rules, but we all know them anyway. Also, he'll probably have no clue what a low tier tournament is but I'll see if Alex can tell him about it so he is prepared. He still needs to ask him if $10/$10 is okay too.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ok, MJ is perfectly okay with $10/$10. However, he asks that you pay $20 upfront, and if you decide not to stay for low tier you will get refunded $10 (I'm assuming).

Sol

Smash Lord
thats if you can get throgh me, i won the first one and i'm lookin to take back the throne

phish-it

Smash Champion
WINNERS GET 50% OF THE POT

70% to First Place, 30% to Second Place
(i.e. if $400 POT, $200 gets divided into $140 for First Place and $60 for Second Place)
Is this seperate for both tournaments or are we fusing the pot together?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Is this seperate for both tournaments or are we fusing the pot together?
Separate for both.

Sol you didn't win the first one. You just won the first time you came:laugh:
The first nine or so were all won by LIBF and I (I think), and Tetra won the 2nd one according to LIBF. These started like in March, but they weren't advertised since they were already pretty crowded and if a bunch more people came the venue would just overflow with people.

Top Bottom