• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trinity Force! 2! - Hosted by Seibrik! $5 Tournies with Pools!!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
TRINITY FORCE!

So as we all know, Dj Arcatek's Big birthday tourny thing got pushed back a week.

This gives us (SFL) 3 solid weeks to get our junk together and practice to make sure no one from the other regions comes down and so much as places top three! (looks at ryo)

The first tourny (9/24/11) will be held at Seibrik's House!!

Address: 2000 N.E. 207th Street, Miami, Fl, 33179

Any questions about the tourney, you can reach help at:

786-436-5990 (Me/Seibrik/David)

Each tourny leading up to Danny's bday will be held at my house.

The prices and payouts will all be the same.

$5 door
$5 Singles
$5 Dubs (Per Person)
$1 Optional Tourny (Brawl Minus, Duelist, Ect...)

Payout will be
60/30/10 for ALL competitions!!

Keeping the prices low to ensure the wallets of those saving for Danny's tourny won't be affected, while still with-holding the sense of competition making sure we're all getting the best possible practice!!

SCHEDULE:
10:30AM-Signups begin
11:00AM-Last Call for Doubles
11:30AM-Doubles Round Robin begins!
2:00PM- Lunch Break! (friendlies!!!)
3:00PM- Last Call for Singles
3:30PM- Singles Pools Begins!
5:00PM- Singles Pro Bracket Starts!

From what i've been hearing, we may actually get some fresh faces and it'd be really great for us all to get together and intergrate them within the community, and increase the already crazy hype that is gonna be Danny's tourny!

[COLLAPSE="THE RULES"]The Rules

This tournament will be using a combination of the Apex Ruleset and Unity Ruleset.

Stages

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium
Frigate Orpheon

Yes. Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are banned.

General Rules
3 Stock
8 min. time limit
Ledge grab limit: 35
No Items
Double Elimination
All standing and walking infinites are banned except for ICs
Mk’s Infinite cape is BANNED
DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player’s realized it or not.
If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
Each set is Best of 3. Loser’s Finals, Winner’s Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
You may not distract (ex: screaming at them to get out of an infinite) your opponent, penalty is a loss for that match of the set.

Doubles Rules
Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Disputes over port priority may be settled with Rock-Paper-Scissors, Game and Watch Judgement Hammer; Higher number wins, or choosing Random on the character select screen and whoever has the higher tiered character wins. (ie If I get Ganondorf and you get Meta Knight, you get port priority.)
[/COLLAPSE]

Setups!

More setups=More friendlies=More practice! There's 3 TV's! All we need are WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

Post if your bringing one!

Wiis:
1. Seibrik
2. Master Raven

And for anyone that doesn't already know about it, Danny's tournament thread!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310640

Let the games begin.

Master Raven

Smash Master
he is teaming with you rofl (my sarcasm meter is probably broken but I'm not feeling to take any chances today)

8Bitman

Smash Master
Can't go to this.

Where is the next one being held? ZP or your house?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yo guys, last minute venue change! gona be at my house tomorrow cuz... more comfy!

if this is a problem for anyone please let me know! my number is in the first page of the post if u have any questions. im posting the adress here and in the OP

there's still a $5 door fee btw, no prices for anything has changed

Address: 2000 N.E. 207th Street, Miami, Fl, 33179

Master Raven

Smash Master
doubles didn't happen

i ****ing suck at MUs right now. i have the smarts but i lack the experience. my playstyle also needs some serious refining and improvement as i'm constantly doing the same stupid **** over and over and i'm so dumb as to not fix my mistakes in the middle of the game

part of it i think has to do with my lack of consistent practice

</salt>

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Lol Raven you live next to David and Justin pretty much. You at least have people to play offline. I was tossed into singes with one or two days of wifail and no chance to warm up xD.

:rosalina:

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
for the record, i'm not really that salty about losing (i am KINDA, but it's a given to feel that way when losing in general), i just that the way i play makes me really inconsistent: 1 match i'm 3 stocking a mother****er then 4 matches later i'm consistently getting 2-3 stocked WHILE I DON'T DO A ****ING THING TO FIX MY MISTAKES!!! which is what i'm going to start being more conscious of. i'm tired of ****ing ground-upbing every 3 seconds because that **** gets me punished hard. i wasn't even happy when i beat you 2link (his peach is doing work btw; he beat me pretty cleanly in game 2 and almost got me last game) because i thought the way i played was just dumb and i shouldn't have gotten away with the things i did

idk i just need some self-reflection and some more consistent practice. i really do lack matchup exp

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
reeeally fun and successful tourny everyone! thank you soooo much for making it out, esp. the people that traveled to be here!

I'm sorry for the last minute venue change again, but i assure you it won't happen again as the next two will 100% be at my house no questions asked.

I believe Garret is making the results thread, and it'll be linked in this thread when its up. Can't wait till next week, i hear Kith might make a warming up appearance....

Top Bottom