• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh? Well sure. I'll be glad to send them on over. Thank you for the kind words.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to run it on a wii u?
yes you can use the hackless on wii u with trifoc]rce ganon, but DO NOT insert the sd card until the wii menu is started otherwise it wont run. other than that it's the same process. go to projectmgame.com if you need instructions on the hackless method (or homebrew)

Last edited:

Godzero

Smash Rookie
thanks for the info :) where should i head for a how to? I am very new to this and i only find tutorial for skins, not for movesets modding.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the info :) where should i head for a how to? I am very new to this and i only find tutorial for skins, not for movesets modding.
well what you do to install movesets is to download the moveset and you will get 2 files: fit____motionetc.pac and fit_____.pac. all you have to do is see who the file is for (ganondorf would be fitganonmotionetc.pac and fitganon.pac), then you locate that fighter's folder (it has their name) in projectm/pf/fighter and replace the moveset files with the ones you downloaded. then it should work after selecting that fighter

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So I got, (with the help of a friend) the Smash 3 Ganondorf, with sheath only to work with Project M. Took some doing, but came out perfectly. All the recolors were also added to it.

Pics:

Originally this was with the extra swords in hand and in the sheath. I just got rid of them and got it to work without them. Ashingda Ashingda , if ever you want these to add to your mod, just ask and I'll compile them for you.
A bit over due... but,
Heavy D88 Heavy D88 I just want to say thank you for continuing to update the mod I just originally did for fun (and to get two awesome things to work with each other). I'm glad the efforts I made way back when and the Smash 3 sheath textures made by @Crixler were influential enough to eventually get included officially into this mod. Keep up the good work here everyone!

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
A bit over due... but,
Heavy D88 Heavy D88 I just want to say thank you for continuing to update the mod I just originally did for fun (and to get two awesome things to work with each other). I'm glad the efforts I made way back when and the Smash 3 sheath textures made by @Crixler were influential enough to eventually get included officially into this mod. Keep up the good work here everyone!
Well thanks. I think the work done on those textures are amazing. I have them in my build, and will most likely keep them there. So thank you for the work you guys put into it. I just thought it would be a good addition to add it in here.

MasterZaden

Smash Cadet
Three-moveset Ganondorf is coming back? Do you guys have Paypal's or something? I need to start throwing money around.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hello guys check this out!

I've known this for a while and been trying to make it work but gave up because I couldn't get rid of the "pickup item" sound. Well I got rid of it with a simple code and it works great! If you guys don't know, this projectile is the super scope shot.

Dead man's volley is no longer a dream, however it's too fast and can only be reflected 3~4 times at the most.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

I've known this for a while and been trying to make it work but gave up because I couldn't get rid of the "pickup item" sound. Well I got rid of it with a simple code and it works great! If you guys don't know, this projectile is the super scope shot.

Dead man's volley is no longer a dream, however it's too fast and can only be reflected 3~4 times at the most.

HYPE, any guess as to when this comes out?

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman

That looks sick as all hell, but i find it would actually is easier to dodge when slowed due to the chargeup of the side-smash (or whatever move that is)

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030

Holy **** man, that's pretty damn cool. Nice job. Cant wait to get my hands on the official release.

Wow... it censors me? >____> Go figure.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Update:
- Back to three modes
- Magic mode now have projectile (F-Smash)
- Sword mode has many new animation.
- Fist mode changed U-Air
- There's more I'm just too lazy

Special thanks to Heavy D88 Heavy D88 for his awesome animations skills.

Version 6.0
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ngwjo5vb8ku50l8/TriforceGanondorf6.0.zip

Model with sheath and smash3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3urdmmrj1u0ueml/FitGanonModel.zip

Just drop all these into the Ganon folder. The model only replaces the TP Ganon.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Update:
- Back to three modes

Version 6.0

Just drop all these into the Ganon folder. The model only replaces the TP Ganon.
YESSSSSSSSS

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
This is fantastic. Really, just astonishing work from everyone involved and I'm glad you guys aren't dropping this with the bizarre business going on with PM.

It almost seems disrespectful of your work to ask such a question, but is there any way to get a version of this that only includes the Sword and Mage modes, or to just disable Fist mode? Now that the clone engine is out and PMDT won't be using those empty spots I'd like add Phantom Ganon and give it this moveset while keeping the normal PM Ganondorf as a separate character.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Gonna have to test this right away. I'll get you some feedback after extensive testing.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Update:
- Back to three modes

Version 6.0

OH HECK YES

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Just realized that this existed, and it's pretty danged cool. I'll definitely be using this in my own custom build.

By the way, is there any way of giving Ocarina of Time Ganon use the sword model that he uses in 3.6, and Twilight Princess Dorf use the one he currently has?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's possible, but the OOT Ganon model needs to be modified to have that sword.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Gotcha. I'd love to see it in a future build, at least if you're interested in adding it back in.

Edit: Figured that I'd inform you that sometimes Wizard Mode Ganondorf's Up Smash glitches out something fierce. I've had two instances of it thus far in a match: once on Peach's Castle (the PM remastered version), and another on Distant Planet (Brawl). Both times, I was facing Donkey Kong, but after a bit of testing, it doesn't seem to matter whom he's fighting when it happens. Up Smash connects, and suddenly he's warping around like he's in a Mega Man speedrun.

Edit #2: Also happens in Metal Cavern. My best guess is that it has to do something with the slopes, as I've only seen the glitch occurring when Dorf is on one.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Gotcha. I'd love to see it in a future build, at least if you're interested in adding it back in.

Edit: Figured that I'd inform you that sometimes Wizard Mode Ganondorf's Up Smash glitches out something fierce. I've had two instances of it thus far in a match: once on Peach's Castle (the PM remastered version), and another on Distant Planet (Brawl). Both times, I was facing Donkey Kong, but after a bit of testing, it doesn't seem to matter whom he's fighting when it happens. Up Smash connects, and suddenly he's warping around like he's in a Mega Man speedrun.

Edit #2: Also happens in Metal Cavern. My best guess is that it has to do something with the slopes, as I've only seen the glitch occurring when Dorf is on one.
wait, peach's castle? thats 3.5 i think and this ganon is only for 3.6. what version are you using?

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm referring to the N64 version of Peach's Castle, not the version that's from _Melee_. Even if that was the case and I was using the _Melee_ stage, that still doesn't explain the occurrences that happened in Distant Planet (Brawl), Metal Cavern, and a handful of other stages that I played on after I typed up that message.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I'm referring to the N64 version of Peach's Castle, not the version that's from _Melee_. Even if that was the case and I was using the _Melee_ stage, that still doesn't explain the occurrences that happened in Distant Planet (Brawl), Metal Cavern, and a handful of other stages that I played on after I typed up that message.
ah ok, thanks for clarifying that

zombifiedsquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
zombifiedsquid
3DS FC
1091-8722-2904
I'm really enjoying this psa. I have come across two glitches though, one being his Up Tilt at least in Turbo mode, I have not played with him out of Turbo mode yet. If you repeatedly use Up Tilt he will sometimes get locked into putting his sword away and you are unable to act until hit by an enemy, out of 30 or so matchs I'd say it only happened about 7 times. The other glitch I found is when using held items such as the Bat and Lip Stick, if you do his Dash attack while holding the item he will be locked into T-Pose. Other than that he is really enjoyable to play with, one other nit pick is I wish his animation for putting his sword up was faster as it can result in getting juggled.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Do you have Ganon with a Sheath but no Smash 3 Model? If you do are there Recolors? I want to use it without Smash 3

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I've added the float GFX on his up taunt. Thought it made sense to visually represent it better. Looks pretty good too. Oh... I also visually upgraded his Magic Mode down smash GFX. The graphics I used was the thought I had for the attack and how it'd work. I'll get a pic of it later.

Edit: I've also redone the SpecialLw to be more like his Smash U version. Have a gif.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Suggestions:
  • Sheaths for all normal colors and costumes
  • Melee Sword for alt costumes
  • Return Warlock Punch for default mode to differentiate from Triforce Mode

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
Suggestions:
  • Sheaths for all normal colors and costumes
  • Melee Sword for alt costumes
  • Return Warlock Punch for default mode to differentiate from Triforce Mode
hi there :)
yeah, i would appreciate that as well. especially the default colours if possible.
but it´s getting hard adding more animations because of the limited file size...so...dunno if it´s worth it

YasashikazeSeiken

Smash Rookie
Hey there, guys. Great mod! I've really been enjoying it. I did a bit of play testing, and I just wanted to point out/recommend a few things.

First off, Sword Form's Neutral B in the air does exactly jack squat, and it will actually freeze you until you either hit the ground or die. I'm fairly certain this was not intentional design, but I would suggest doing something about that. Considering that recovery looks to be one of the main weaknesses of Sword Form (which is saying something, because Ganon's recovery in general is kinda meh) might I suggest a small change to the Neutral B as a whole? Here's what I was thinking:

Neutral B: Shadow Blitz - Ganondorf gathers dark energy around him and dashes forward, trailed by black magics, delivering a powerful swipe in a 60 cone in front of him (35 degrees = directly in front, equal space both up and down) for the aerial, perhaps even with a sweet spot, much like his neutral and back air. The grounded version could retain its general form but with shadowiness and maybe have its hit box be shorter and closer to his hurt box. Distance and power are dependent on charge time, but speed remains static, which should still be fairly slow. For the sake of allowing him more lateral aerial mobility/recovery while still leaving his vertical aerial mobility/recovery lackluster as a point of counterplay, this move should not force him into special fall, but should have no other special properties. The super armor on grounded Neutral B should be downgraded to medium armor.

This would A.) allow his Neutral B to serve a purpose in the air, B.) give him a tiny bit more mobility, and C.) make his Neutral B more easily used in combat.

Secondly, I'd like to suggest that his aerial attacks have shorter start up times but do a bit less damage in Sword Form. I would also recommend a different neutral air for his Sword Form, perhaps a quick burst of dark energy (or another sword move, your choice) with quick initiation but slightly longer end lag. As it is, people should be punished when getting into his space recklessly, not locking him down (unless you're a waveshining spacey, maybe), and that was way too easy for me to do when facing against him in Sword Form.

Thirdly, maybe I'm just using it wrong, but Down Smash in Magic Form doesn't seem particularly useful (or at least easy to hit), possibly because the range is so short. Maybe show it a bit of love? It would be cool to have like an electric shock-wave animation along with the black smoke, too, as aesthetically, it leaves a bit to be desired. ^.^;

Finally, I really love the idea of the Forward Smash in Magic Form, but for a Forward Smash, that just has massive range, even if it's slow to charge up. If one might be so bold, I'd perhaps suggest cutting the range a bit (maybe halfway across Battlefield from the edge), lowering the speed just a tad, increasing its power, and making it a charged Neutral B. His Forward Smash could be replaced by something not too far off from Zelda's Forward Smash, though maybe with a slightly large, one hit hitbox, launching it forward with one hand and expelling a cloud-like blast of darkness. It would keep with the magical aspect of his Magic Form.

I hope I'm not sounding arrogant or speaking out of turn, but I hope that these suggestions find some hold in your hearts. Keep up the great work!

EDIT: May I suggest possibly adding a short dash to his Sword Form's Down B? The aerial version is fantastic, but in my play testing I found his grounded Down B to be very difficult to use effectively, even with its considerable reach. It might also help to lower the landing lag on his aerial Down B in Sword Form, as it creates a massive opening. Obviously, it should still have some end lag and still be a vulnerability, but at the moment, it seems like the cons outweigh the pros.

Last edited:

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
This is fantastic. Really, just astonishing work from everyone involved and I'm glad you guys aren't dropping this with the bizarre business going on with PM.

It almost seems disrespectful of your work to ask such a question, but is there any way to get a version of this that only includes the Sword and Mage modes, or to just disable Fist mode? Now that the clone engine is out and PMDT won't be using those empty spots I'd like add Phantom Ganon and give it this moveset while keeping the normal PM Ganondorf as a separate character.
I really like when requestors are respectful of the creators original intentions :estatic:

YasashikazeSeiken

Smash Rookie
Installing this is very easy, though mine was with hackless version. All you need to do is go to the fighter folder, where you will find Ganondorf's folder. Copy the fitganon.pac file and fitganonmotion.pac file and replace the ones currently in that folder.

I did that with vanilla hackless and it worked just fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom