• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tricks and Glitches FAQ with Pictures (47 min. video included)

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
Yea JRI, this post is definatly the best. unfortunatly college has been ramed down my throat and I haven't been on the boards for a month or so. I'll help as much as possible though.

Another glitch: if you powershield roy when he does a fully powered b attack, he slids back like G&W does when you block the bucket of doom.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
Can you do the Black Hole glitch with 3 players? Only got 3 controllers. ._.
never really thought about it, but i think you can. i mean just as long as you have peach be in a team. because she would have to shoot the scope and then once she has the line done throw the turnip. well, actually, who's gonna jump in though?, guess not. :ohwell: but if you figure out how let me know ok ^_^

ps read sign.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hey DJ, supernova has a video of him doing the blackhole glitch with just 2 people, so check it out. you need 2 wavebirds, though.

edit: i have version 1.0 and i can't get link's grounded to work. he just rolls along the bottom of the wing, then falls. do i have to DI or something(but when i try i end rolling and just fall)?

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Duno what opponent it works with (First did it against a human bowser), but while you're giant (Or super giant, I can't remember), on the Onett level with all the buildings, if you use Mewtwo's confusion on an opponent right as they land on or are near the left/right side of the main pillar, they'll flip through the other side.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
Level: Corneria
Players: Anyone(Maybe)
How:
1. Have someone stand on the bottom part of the fin(represneted by the figure with a circle head in the first pic)

2. Have another person( x head in second pic) run at you(running maybe not necesary) and try to grab you.

3. They shouldn't be able to and you should teleport a good 4-5 feet up the fin, ended up like this( % is the persong who "grabs")

4: Heres the pic:

my friend Ryan (RyanX34), is really the one who found it out, i was just kinda the one getting grabbed. This makes for a good place to camp, maybe shoot from, if your against a grabber like sheik. sry if this is old

EDIT: OK, ASCII art got owned, gimme a sec ill find a pic

EDIT: Done, and sry bout the double post
Ok, heres some proof :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHkCcpEsfk

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but I've searched and cant find anything about it; on Corneria (I was Fox...or Falco, but I think Fox), at the bottom of the right side, a little to the left of the point in between the engine and the tailfin, and Mario grabbed and threw me in to the bottom of the fin (Where that room thing is, that looks like a runway), and I got teleported underneath the ship.

I went back down there and saw that there was another runway-like thing. Was it just a freaky glitch, or an Easter Egg/Secret that's never been documented? It makes me think that it's a secret to the level, since I got thrown in to the runway and came out the other runway, but I can't find out anything about it, and I can't do it again. Has anyone heard anything about it?

DJ Kirby

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I yesterday noticed if you go with Bowser on Fourside on those little edges... And keep pressing R / L so you roll on.. You fall again and instantly grab the edge, If you repeat it you can't get hit! :laugh:

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I yesterday noticed if you go with Bowser on Fourside on those little edges... And keep pressing R / L so you roll on.. You fall again and instantly grab the edge, If you repeat it you can't get hit! :laugh:
I found something similar in the Giant Mewtwo VS Bowser match; if he's giant, he can't stay up there. He just keeps falling down. XD

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
I tried doing the Black Hole glitch, and when I keep firing the superscope at Falco it creates a small ball and when I try to jump into it with Peach nothing happens except Peach getting knocked out. I cannot create any further balls. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Also, I think that the superscope bullets from Ness(The optional character) is just hitting the reflected ones from Falco and that Fox isn't even in the equation.

(BTW I use PAL, just asking if it makes any difference)

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
yah scoot closer together then you will see a stream of bullets turn from small yellow to larger green. then the green will stream together. then it should work.

Wind Wing

Smash Rookie
Whoa! Thats a really lot u guys come up with... i would take me 24H to read all that! :p Great work! ^^

booshk

Smash Lord
uhm jus asking
i seen dashizwiz and lambchops play the same coloured falco in 3 matches.. is this a glitch and if so how does it work..

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
I love this thread so much. Glitches breathe new life into games, especially Smash!:laugh:

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Found a new glitch, I've tested this with Fox in training mode, but I'm assuming it works with every character:

1. Go to FD, one person Ice Climbers, the other person any character.
2. Perform the IC's Freeze Glitch on the other person.
3. Spawn a Barrel Cannon item, stand a few character lengths back, and toss the Barrel Cannon at the frozen character.
4. The frozen character should be in the Barrel Cannon, but not be moving in any horizantal direction. Now, continue to throw Barrel Cannons at the frozen character in the Barrel, this should push him until he falls off the stage.
5. After he falls off the stage, the frozen character will fall all the way down, but will not die, and the little icon that says CP above his head with be in the same place as he was when he became frozen.

As far as I know, the only way to get him back is to press the Reset option in training mode.

*Random Fact* If you freeze someone with the IC's Freeze Glitch, raise their damage, then turn them into ice with IC's B, Down+B, or a freezie, etc, normally, you cannot grab them at this point thus making them frozen for good. However, if you throw a Screw Attack item at them while in ice, they will come out of it, making them grabbable once again.

EDIT: XD I just read through the last 3 pages inthis topic and found all this information.

Oh well...

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all your extra imput... i appreciate everyones dedication to my page and i hope one day one of the mods will see that it has withstood the tests of time and might mark it.

madskillz

Smash Cadet
hey, i have a great glitch. Falco has his own death throw.

You have to make your character Falco and you have to play a level 9 nine computer, or at least a person who's very active on the battle field.

For this example, have a simple stage, Final Destination. (Works on most stages)

What you want to do is make your Falco character as close to the edge of the stage as possible, do this by side dodging to the edge. You then grab the opponent, either facing towards or away from the center of the stage, depending on the what the other character is (Marth, Luigi, Mario, Falco, Ness, etc.). When you grab them, throw them downwards, and they'll fly straight to their death, without hitting the floor of the stage.

The only problem is that it doesn't work on Fox, Jigglypuff, Bowser, or DK. They just come back up and attack you.

It has definitely worked over and over again, i don't have pictures because i don't have any cables or whatever, but it works.

I found this out when I grabbed a level 9 Luigi when it was trying to get back to the stage off a second jump. I grabbed him while on the edge of the ledge, threw downwards with Falco, and it died really quickly.

CowDude

Smash Apprentice

You have to make your character Falco and you have to play a level 9 nine computer, or at least a person who's very active on the battle field.

For this example, have a simple stage, Final Destination. (Works on most stages)

What you want to do is make your Falco character as close to the edge of the stage as possible, do this by side dodging to the edge. You then grab the opponent, either facing towards or away from the center of the stage, depending on the what the other character is (Marth, Luigi, Mario, Falco, Ness, etc.). When you grab them, throw them downwards, and they'll fly straight to their death, without hitting the floor of the stage.

The only problem is that it doesn't work on Fox, Jigglypuff, Bowser, or DK. They just come back up and attack you.

It has definitely worked over and over again, i don't have pictures because i don't have any cables or whatever, but it works.

I found this out when I grabbed a level 9 Luigi when it was trying to get back to the stage off a second jump. I grabbed him while on the edge of the ledge, threw downwards with Falco, and it died really quickly.
Fox has the same. It usually depends on the level opponent, 'cause some won't jump back to cancel it, and some will, the only difference being the levels. Though, you listed the general ones. It's more of a trick though, as it just depends on the angle and position of the throw near an edge.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord

I dont think it's a glitch, yet again it may be one...

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
I think I found another glitch/trick:
Go to Hyrule Temple with the IC, and have Popo grab a screw attack ball.

Stand on the top portion of the level, right underneath the large platform in the middle of the stage (make sure you are standing on the slightly lower area)

Have Popo jump once with the screw attack, and he will automatically stop once he reaches the platform.

I think this is more of a trick than a glitch, as it is probably just responding to the fact that the platform is at the right place to catch him after his screw attack finishes. I don't think Nana does it, though. I didn't e-mail this one to you because it was so short.

W.Jr

Smash Lord
I think I found another glitch/trick:
Go to Hyrule Temple with the IC, and have Popo grab a screw attack ball.

Stand on the top portion of the level, right underneath the large platform in the middle of the stage (make sure you are standing on the slightly lower area)

Have Popo jump once with the screw attack, and he will automatically stop once he reaches the platform.

I think this is more of a trick than a glitch, as it is probably just responding to the fact that the platform is at the right place to catch him after his screw attack finishes. I don't think Nana does it, though. I didn't e-mail this one to you because it was so short.

I'll try it :psycho:

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice

I believe your opponent can meteror cancel this attack. Obiously CPUs won't though. Correct me if I am wrong.

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Well, they will. It depends on the level. Some won't jump/recover, but some will. They do cancel it 90% of the time, though.

Found a new trick; Active Falling Motion Sensor Bombs.
Just put a MSB on something that disappears (Only one I can think of is the UFO on Fourside, also the one I found it on), and when it does, the mine will fall but be active. If you do enough, it's like raining bomb hell. XD

derfmaster

Smash Cadet
new glitch, i think?

109? fall through corneria.

have samus lay a bomb anywhere on corneria, and have another person to a very weak attack to it, (jab or down tilt) and the person who attacked willl fall through the level.

-note
- if you do it over the lower level (laser cannon part of stage), theyll fall onto the lower level.
-not fully sure, but i think you have to hit it when it hits the ground, or after it bounces.
-sorry if someone else daid this already, i was too lazy to look through the last 5 pages :p

derfmaster

Smash Cadet
to help anyone with the black hole thingy (having 3 controllers, 2 ppl, w/e)

me and my brother did it w/ 3 controllers, and 2 ppl. also note that i done wanna take full credit for this, i made it based off of a bunch of other ways to do it.

ok.
-training mode. USER as any character, and CP as peach.
-go to..pretty much any level, except for things like pokefloats, rainbow cruise and such, i found FD the easiest.
-make 3 peaches, and human. leave CP4 alone if u have 3 controllers.
-make 2 infinite superscopes, and give them to 2 of the peaches
-(if you have only 3 controllers, move P1 to the very edge of the level where he/she downt get in the way of anything, and plug the P1 controller into P4 slot LOL)
-put the 2 peaches on one end, next to each other. give 2 controllers to one person, and have that person position it so that his/her 2 thumbs are on A.
-the peach w/out superscope, is on the other end of stage, or facing toward superscope peaches somewhat away.
-have the 2 peaches rapid-fire, and keep trying until you have a good even beam (not shots next to eachother)
-have the non-scope peach throw turnips into the shots (if it helps, hold down and keep pushing b :D)
-if it falls out, just keep throwing until you have one that is stationary in the shots.
-throw like, 15-17 turnips into that one. if you throw too much, the game will start freezing up
-stop rapidfiring, and (put controller P4 into P1 again lol)
-you have your black hole! have fun.

note- if you want the peaches to get hit as well, just make superscopes (they dont have to be infinite) and then grab one, jump pver the black hole, and down throw it directly in. it will bounce for a while, but it will land in, and will stay -- FOR A WHILE. throw as many as u like :D

edit- double post? O_O

Bungalobill3

Smash Rookie
I didn't see this glitch here so I'll describe it.

1. Take Doc and Fox (Mario and Falco may also work) and go to FD. Then grab the ledge with Fox.
2. Make Doc stand facing Fox at the edge of the stage.
3. Hit a to make Fox attack back onto the stage.
4. When Fox is first getting back onto the stage (before he actually attacks) there is a split second where he can be hit. Hit him with the cape then.
Fox will now be on the other side of the stage.

I apologize for not having video equipment to film this with.

I am not sure if this has been discovered yet, but I didn't see it in the list, so I thought I'd post it.

Edit: I would like to mention that any character can grab a turnip from a black hole and throw it back in.

EDIT2: Could you find the place where it was for me? My search bar doesn't work. Anyway the glitch at least works in version 1.2. If you do please pm me because it's too hard to find this thread again.

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Got a new one (Didn't see it on the front page, so I think so);
If you time it so that Mario perfectly starts his Fair the split second before he touches the ground, he'll yell the "Wah!" without doing the move. You don't get any lag at all, and L-Cancelling doesn't matter.

Top Bottom