• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trials and Tribulations of a Wireless Router

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
Dear Anyone Who Can Help Me,

So recently my neighbors have been hopping on my wireless network. I really don't mind to be honest, however I do want to make sure they don't start bogging it down with downloads and whatnot. Might anyone know or have a suggestion for a program (or some way to manipulate the settings on the router) to allow people to log on to my wireless network, but disallow them to suck up a set amount of bandwidth/internets?

I could just be an *** and throw my router on lockdown and have it password protected with a key and all that, but that really just seems unnecessary, if they just want to check their email or something.

-Thanks

Keku

Smash Apprentice
Just a friendly point out here: couldn't you just walk to their doors and talk to them about it? You know, just make it clear that it's fine if they want to check their emails and all that but you set the line.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Don't think of yourself as an *** for password protecting your network. It will keep your network a lot safer. You have to pay for internet, shouldn't they? There's not an easy way to do what you want to do on most routers.

Top Bottom