• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trashday 4: Tournament of Upsets - Houstin, TX - Apr 12, 08

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
another question :D

assuming we enter from the front entrance of UH, (off the highway) in which directions should we go to get to the actual room?
It'll be on the right hand side. Like the first building you see. It's called the University Center, but it's sometimes referred to as the Student Center. Ask anyone where that is and they'll let you know. More importantly, ask where the FREE parking is, go park, THEN go to the UC. You'll probably have to do a bit of walking. As soon as you drive into the campus off of the highway and see that big weird uber large metal sculpture with bronze leaves on it, the UC is to the right. There is a little info desk thing (like a guard booth), and you can ask the person there to point to the building, but literally, it's the one to the right. It's three stories tall and has an open courtyard in the center with a water fall/fountain thing in the back. It has a u-turn shaped driveway in front of it. Hope this helps.

l_tizzle05

Smash Rookie
thanx dugfinn....and **** i have to work tomorrow. Any other ppl gonna host a tourny any time soon after this one???

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
thanx dugfinn....and **** i have to work tomorrow. Any other ppl gonna host a tourny any time soon after this one???
Go here to check: www.Houston-Scene.com, there are at least two other Smash events coming up in Houston. Next weekend, there is one in San Antonio too.

Also REMEMBER GUYS!! Bring a set up to Trashday (TV, Wii, and Braw) and you get in for FREEEEEE - Venue fee is waived! (You still have to pay to sign into tournaments.)

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Same here. I got boosted super quick, but I had a lot of fun. Guess I gotta get my practice in before the next tourney.

Hey Hylian, thanks for showing me how truly bad I am as of right now.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Uh, I was the black guy wearing the aggie shirt. If you saw me I was probably staring at the tekken screen.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Tournament results will be posted on AllIsBrawl.com, but in the meantime...

1v1
1st: T-Rex
2nd: Jra64
3rd: Roy R

2v2
1st: T-Rex and Mr. 3000
2nd: Hylian and Sethlon

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Shout a'la outs?

Furbs: Your house is ginormous. Seriously, you should hold some smashfests sometime. I'ma get right onto that god-killing :)

Hylian: Teams are too good. Keep pushin' 'em into my sword :)

Pozerwolf: I'm bad at GG now, lol :( We need to get smash in at San an!

T-rex: Missile launcher for the ultimate win. How do I make snake die?? :confused:

DugFinn/Mr3000: Very good tourny, well ran and super fun. Maybe next time we can get some people other than me and you guys to bring tvs, yeah? :lick:

Dr Mario Kart: We still didn't get to play, lol

Pimpslap: Olimar is top tier, but only when hes not off the stage.

Roy R: We only got like one match in, heh :ohwell: You should come to san an so we can play more.

Lubbock guys:
Felix: Rawr, I take you out of both winners and losers :mad:
Guy Who Made Second (it is ryan, right??): No grabs for you :lick: I shouldn't've banned FD, lol.
Third Guy Whos Name I Also Didn't Ever Catch: We didn't get to play any :ohwell:

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Tournament results will be posted on AllIsBrawl.com, but in the meantime...

1v1
1st: T-Rex
2nd: Jra64
3rd: Roy R

2v2
1st: T-Rex and Mr. 3000
2nd: Hylian and Sethlon
So T-Rex is pretty good, I never heard of him, cool that Ryan and Roy got top 3.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Coool, how close was it between him and Ryan at the end? Also who did they use?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Trex used snake the whole time and ryan mostly used MK with the guy edge guArd that should be banned... trex broke ryan sheild and rocket launceherd for the win

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry about that Pimpslap. We've already taken measures to keep that kind of crap in the closet with all the other gAy cheese. The new and improved anti-stalling rule set will be implemented at the next Houston tournament for Brawl (April 26th).

jra64

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* I knew you were mad at me Pimpslap. But even after we had that small argument, I told you that I would stay Marth no matter what, and even after that match I gave you an opportunity to re-do the entire match just in case you felt like I was trying to trick you or something. I tried to make things right, you don't have to badmouth me every opportunity you get.

And the Grand Finals were really close, Shawn. I knocked T-Rex into losers, and in the final set of Grand Finals the score was 2-2. He played a really Solid Snake (no pun intended) the last round which placed me in 2nd place.

I definitely underestimated Snake.

I had a great time everyone. Met a lot of cool people, which makes me want to get into the Smash scene a little bit more.

Thanks =).

GGs, everyone, I had a great time.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I thought those were the rules. If you were so confident of the rules, then you really shouldn't have picked first at all. Either way, I didn't intend anything malicious, and (no offense) but I really don't think the outcome would've drastically changed. I would normally pick Meta against Pit, but because we were disagreeing, I just stuck with my first character. Why are you mad when I gave you opportunity to redo the match?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
now there was other things that led to the events that acured i guess i forgive you.... even though that did not make scense think about it you get to counter pick me if i lose hmmmm...?.?. i guess and i agree you where better than i was at the game but that should of struck you as odd(counter picking me if you win) . so next time i guess that won't happen. We were cool up till then dude.

i guess we can be cool again.:lick:
no johns for me

jra64

Smash Journeyman
kk. I'm still new to Smash rules, man, lol. I thought it was, you pick character, I pick character, and you get to counter with stage. I didn't know the order was you pick stage, I pick character, you counter with character...

You'll get me back in another tournament, dude =D.

I'm ignorant to a lot of these rules. Like I said, I'm a Tekken player. At least I knew which stages were neutral / counter, though.

:laugh:

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Lol, we're cool. I'll send you your hamburger and fries through the mail, okay? =D. Maaaan, I'm getting hungry now. =(.

Ranma0005

Smash Rookie
Don't worry about that Pimpslap. We've already taken measures to keep that kind of crap in the closet with all the other gAy cheese. The new and improved anti-stalling rule set will be implemented at the next Houston tournament for Brawl (April 26th).
Theres also a Smash tournament being held at Planet Zero on May 3rd!

Top Bottom