• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Mode: TOO MUCH SNAKE

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
I was messing around in Training Mode and everytime i put more than 2 Snakes on the playing field, my Wii instantly hard freezes.

Im using the Wifi Build of 2.5b

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
It happened on Metal Cavern. And the textures i have for snake are just recolors, no modeling.
It actually happened on Bowser's Castle first, but I checked it on Metal Cavern also to make sure it wasnt the lag that was making it freeze.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
I've had the same freeze problem before. For some reason adding comps while in practice mode makes the game freak out. I believe I might have been on Dream Land so I don't think it's a stage problem and the character I faced didn't have textures at all. I don't remember much since I was some time last year.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It happened on Metal Cavern. And the textures i have for snake are just recolors, no modeling.
It actually happened on Bowser's Castle first, but I checked it on Metal Cavern also to make sure it wasnt the lag that was making it freeze.
If it's recolors, you still need to check the .pac files, which are used in Training mode. Use Brawlbox to open the recolors and check to see if they are compressed with Lz77ex. If they are, they will crash the game when they are called in Training mode and any other 1 player mode.

I had this issue when DK was crashing training mode before.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Hm. I have noticed in my other Brawl mod sets that adding CPUs in Training Mode and battling "Team" opponents in Classic Mode, the game freezes, which I assumed was because of custom character skins.

However, I'm also having this problem in the Controls menu since I recently started using a custom texture over default Mario. Could the reason Eternal Yoshi just gave also be the cause of my Controls menu problem, or is it something different? It's obviously related to the texture because when I remove it, the Controls menu doesn't freeze.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think it may be the cause of your issue too because Mario's .pac file is used in the controls test AND the Stage Builder test thing.

you don't have to erase it if you learn how to use Brawlbox and fix it yourself.

I, for example, have an old NES Mario recolor over Mario and it works in all modes.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I think it may be the cause of your issue too because Mario's .pac file is used in the controls test AND the Stage Builder test thing.

you don't have to erase it if you learn how to use Brawlbox and fix it yourself.

I, for example, have an old NES Mario recolor over Mario and it works in all modes.
I checked it in Brawlbox, and it says "LZ77" without the "ex". Would that still be the reason it's crashing? Also, it might be worth noting that it's a vertex, so it's not just a texture edit.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I was messing around in Training Mode and everytime i put more than 2 Snakes on the playing field, my Wii instantly hard freezes.

Im using the Wifi Build of 2.5b
It's obviously just Project M going "I am tired of these mother****ing Snakes on this mother****ing stage!"

Top Bottom