• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Alone

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
So I play at locals and I want to practice but I'm going to be alone for most of the time until then, got any ideas on how to get better alone? Mostly I've been watching pro matches and practicing tech.

AirFair

Marth tho
20XX hack pack. Helps you practice shield pressure, safe spacing on shields, things like upthrow upair, etc.

Cpus tech randomly and there are more options there.

What you are doing currently is good, but 20XX will make it better.

Play any fighting game online. The most fundamental skills you'll learn will transfer to Melee like spacing, playing neutral games, and prediction

Last edited:

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
Thanks guys, btw where could I get the 20XX hack pack I here about it here and there but where could I get it?

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
When I'm alone, I only play Melee for some advanced tech and combo practice. For practicing my neutral game, I play Smash 4 online. Yes, I know that they're very different but it's the best option I have.

When I'm alone, I only play Melee for some advanced tech and combo practice. For practicing my neutral game, I play Smash 4 online. Yes, I know that they're very different but it's the best option I have.
It's a really good option

It is surprising how well one game transfers over to another. I think most of the difference of the game mainly come from knowing what options you have available to you and the ability to execute. The analytic skill should transfer over from one game to another.

The Prince L

Smash Apprentice
Practice your combos and your tech skill against CPUs (lvl 7 are the best for practice, don't play against lvl 9).

Last edited:

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
Wow guys thanks for all the help, Ima try everything u guys said.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Interesting; why not play against a lvl 9?
Because they have a lot of frame-perfect stuff that a human wouldn't be able to always preform, always DI the same (giving the impression of a true combo when it really isn't), gets you in REALLY bad habits since they react exactly the same every time they are put in a given situation (like spamming Dair approaches with Falco), and they approach the same way a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom