• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tracks Missing from the OST(Roy & Mewtwo victory theme)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Developers hardly ever take the time or effort to erase junk data. Why? Because 85% of users are never going to take notice of it's existance unless it's blantly pointed out like it is in this case. Also removing some of that data can have effects on the rest of coding praticularly if the program is already set to look through those files as well. Sometimes it's simply ineffective to remove even something that seems useless.
Only problem is that Brawl has far more junk data than Melee. Melee's junk data merely consisted of Ice Top, Akaneia, and Ditto. This game has seven cut characters, as well as at least 30 songs. Something went awry during Brawl's development....

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
*nods* Okay. By the way, if these had made it in, even Krystal's lack of playability would have been forgiven. These are interesting choices to be quite honest. I assume they're referring to Zelda/Tetra?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Only problem is that Brawl has far more junk data than Melee. Melee's junk data merely consisted of Ice Top, Akaneia, and Ditto. This game has seven cut characters, as well as at least 30 songs. Something went awry during Brawl's development....
And who said that couldn't be possible? They WERE trying alot of thing and probably got programmed in earlier on and was simply dropped later, sometimes there doesn't have to be a overcomplicated reason for why something is done the way it is.

You... nor I... was on that team so we don't know which of the dozen answers are right, my viewpoint is speculating possibilities based on locator files and junk data are pointless.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*nods* Okay. By the way, if these had made it in, even Krystal's lack of playability would have been forgiven. These are interesting choices to be quite honest. I assume they're referring to Zelda/Tetra?
Toon Zelda is most likely referring to Wind Waker's Zelda whose alterego is Tetra. However, we can never be sure as to whether Toon Sheik was referring to a cell-shaded and cartoony Sheik or Tetra herself.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
You have a valid point, good sir, and unless they actually give us DLC, we'll probably never know. It's a shame we can't sent the staff at Sora a letter asking why they've made the decisions they have.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You have a valid point, good sir, and unless they actually give us DLC, we'll probably never know. It's a shame we can't sent the staff at Sora a letter asking why they've made the decisions they have.
DLC would be a godesend. However, I am being realistic, I highly doubt there will be future download content. Our only chance of finding out about what happened during Brawl's development and the Forbidden 7 will be during Sakurai's speech at the GDC next week. If he does not mention them there, there is also the chance that he will open up an e-mail bag on the Japanese version of the site like he did with Melee after its release, and maybe one of us can send a Japanese letter to him asking him about the cut characters.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
We shall see, CB, we shall see. Ah well, on the matter of the missing tracks...they might still be around. What bothers me just as much is that we haven't seen any of the item files. If you notice on that list, we see things like Aroaros (It's possible enemies have a chance of popping out of crates like they did in Melee, y'know), Link's Bomb, and a couple of other items, but not none of the other items have been listed. Could you at least acknowledge this statement and tell me I'm just being too much of a stickler for details?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We shall see, CB, we shall see. Ah well, on the matter of the missing tracks...they might still be around. What bothers me just as much is that we haven't seen any of the item files. If you notice on that list, we see things like Aroaros (It's possible enemies have a chance of popping out of crates like they did in Melee, y'know), Link's Bomb, and a couple of other items, but not none of the other items have been listed. Could you at least acknowledge this statement and tell me I'm just being too much of a stickler for details?
I think the item files are in one of the folders that no one bothered to look in.

Also, I was originally planning on leaving SmashBoards after the entire roster got revealed, however, it was all of this cut content that made me decide to stick around for a bit more.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I remember seeing someone once say that it could potentially be possible that rather than DLC, they were US Exclusives (maybe due to America caring more about Mewtwo or Roy, etc.).

The justification for being on the disc would be so that Japanese people could see the characters when we played them. And it's not like it'd be unusual for English-only things to be in the code (i.e., the Trophy descriptions) and it could justify the delay in some way.

Though, I don't really know. I don't even remember who said that or where.

But I assume it's gotta be SOMETHING. Seems silly to leave character data...

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Would you mind telling us what characters got cut? I wanna know if megaman was even developed at all >_<
Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik (who some think could just be Tetra)

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I know! Them and Toon Zelda/Sheik were the most interesting finds, if you ask me. I mean, I really hope they find a way to update with new things. I have a whole bunch of data on my memory cards and Wii. I don't know if anyone's even MENTIONED getting unlocks through that.

Rakath

Smash Ace
What most concerns me is the uneeded cutting of Victory themes for 16 characters... I'm sure that leaving it in would of made plenty of people happy, and there's no reason to have cut it...

I can understand dropping characters due to disk size restraint, or due to lack of time (Lack of time on this, ya right!), or due to programming complications, but dropping tiny pieces of musical content without purpose annoys me...

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Sports Medley! OMG I LOVE THAT SONG,but Mewtwo and Roy? Beatmania?lol

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The problem with DLC is that these characters by and large still wouldn't satisfy many fans. And I'm not trying to be negative about it--DLC would be cool if only to show that Nintendo is willing to break from their self-styled traditions. But it's impractical given the Wii's internal memory, and I just don't see people getting too excited about these characters (save perhaps Roy and Mewtwo).

espio87

Smash Ace
But it's impractical given the Wii's internal memory, and I just don't see people getting too excited about these characters (save perhaps Roy and Mewtwo).
the problem of the internal memory of the wii can be solved. in my last post here I explained that the DLC can be downloaded in the SD cards. they aren't too expensive in the US, are they?

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
the problem of the internal memory of the wii can be solved. in my last post here I explained that the DLC can be downloaded in the SD cards. they aren't too expensive in the US, are they?
But not everyone has an SD card, and that's not Nintendo's style. In fact, I'd go so far to say the majority don't have have one. You don't release a feature unusable to most of your populace...or at least you don't do that when you aren't selling the product they need, heh. I think you could safely say this is the reason why you can't play created stages online...because of space constraints. If they don't allow that, I'm not seeing DLC.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Roy and Mewtwo victory theme?

Heh, such a shame, Sakurai leaving them behind...

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
SD cards wouldn't work. The game wouldn't be able to access them quickly enough to use them reliably for character models/animation/data, etc.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I highly doubt this is all "American only" content. That's not Nintendo's style. If anything, they REMOVE stuff for America. They almost axed Marth and Roy, and remember how it took sooo long before we could get Celebi in Pokemon games? And how Crystal LOST online battling for the US game? And let's not forget all the model changes, trophy cuts, and sound cuts Melee suffered. Oy...

Okay, so two things I wanna get out there:

1. Did anybody check the item folders for the supposed "cut' Assists? I'm talking Sothe, Onix, Pegasus Knights, etc. If they were in the game as recently as Whobby, they are CERTAINLY on the disc now. Especially if this music and character data is.

2. Somebody said that the partition for the music files almost 100 megs. Doesn't that imply the music exists on the disc? I don't know crap about programming, but I do know that cut music still ends up on game soundtracks due to programmer laziness. If we can rip those, that would be fantastic.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
So Forest Maze was supposed to be in the game? Well, that gives some evidence to that rumor going around...
Yea it really does. Add to that the fact that smrpglegacy and gotfrag got their info from two completely different sources.... it definitely seems possible.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
um...........no.
You can't just magically Fuse data like that.
Tell that to Wario-man, Sheik and Giga Bowser's data.

Weights the same as Roy, Mewtwo and the other planned fighters's data (Yes, Sheik).

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
What most concerns me is the uneeded cutting of Victory themes for 16 characters... I'm sure that leaving it in would of made plenty of people happy, and there's no reason to have cut it...

I can understand dropping characters due to disk size restraint, or due to lack of time (Lack of time on this, ya right!), or due to programming complications, but dropping tiny pieces of musical content without purpose annoys me...
That's assuming they did anything outside of having plans for separate victory themes. That's also assuming that these aren't simply copies of the pointers to the other themes, done so that Meta Knight wouldn't have the cute sounding Kirby theme that doesn't fit him at all.

Rakath

Smash Ace
That's assuming they did anything outside of having plans for separate victory themes. That's also assuming that these aren't simply copies of the pointers to the other themes, done so that Meta Knight wouldn't have the cute sounding Kirby theme that doesn't fit him at all.
Doesn't work, that'd be uniform Victory Theme = Name at top of screen for identicle themes. If they were copies of pointers for each theme than there'd be FZenigame, FLizardon, F...whatever Ivysaur's original name was. Since Pokemon Trainer was listed once, while Zelda, Sheik, Samus, and Zero Suit Samus were listed twice... My guess is that they did plan for everyone to have a separate theme and either didn't get to it, or just cut it to make Meta Knight more special.

And I was really hoping Bowser, Ike, Dedede, and Lucario wouldn't share music with Mario, Marth, Kirby, and Pikachu... as its just kinda weird for each of them...

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
To those talking about Wii memory space issues? I believe someone over in another forum said the downloads were about the size of a VC packet and easily downloadable by that method.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
To those talking about Wii memory space issues? I believe someone over in another forum said the downloads were about the size of a VC packet and easily downloadable by that method.
The Wii CAN HANDLE downloadable content. The proof is that Guitar Hero III is doing it, and the DS (which uses a simliar, if not the same online interface) has done that multiple times. O, and we download a stage a day for Stage Builder. That's DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT! If characters, music, etc. are in the game, even in pieces, it's just soooo much easier to do then to create it as well. We can hope on it, but don't bet on it. ;)

O, and I have those "4 dropped" NES games on Animal Crossing (Ice Climber, the Legend of Zelda, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.). In fact, that's how I first played Ice Climber (I've owned Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. FOREVER, and I got tLOZ with the Zelda Collector's Edition I bought). If it is EXACTLY LIKE THAT, I bet a lot of this will be useable. I think the MGS[2] main theme might be in there to be playable on "purpose", so we can play it without any "official" composer issues. ;)

The rest I have no clue. But the Fourside music from Melee (the only Melee song NOT PLAYABLE) might be a future "automatic" downloadable content. Other music could be as well. Some of the music that's in there that's not playable "normally" could very well be downloadable content. Stages could be added, but that's much likely. Characters I have no clue, but it'd definitely be well-recieved. Because the more [balanced, good, and fun] characters, the better! :) But it's very doubtful. Don't get your hopes up on characters, but music could be another story. ;)

Dear Sakurai and Brawl Dev Team,

STOP.
****ING.
WITH.
US.

From,
SWF​
QFT. Even post-release, Sakurai is STILL THE MINDGAME MASTER! I hate it (no Mewtwo, Roy, Dixie Kong, etc. :(), but I love it (NESS IS BACK!) WHY IS Sakurai SOOOOO CONFUSEDEDEDINGIRINGDING!?!?!? :confused:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh... looks like Mewtwo and Roy got pretty far in development before they got scrapped... *tear*

It makes me mad that they didnt at least give other characters a personal victory theme like Meta Knight. Lucario should have had a D/P'd Pokemon victory theme, and Toon Link could have used a lighthearted or WW remix of the Zelda victory theme, among others...

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The rest I have no clue. But the Fourside music from Melee (the only Melee song NOT PLAYABLE) might be a future "automatic" downloadable content. Other music could be as well. Some of the music that's in there that's not playable "normally" could very well be downloadable content. Stages could be added, but that's much likely. Characters I have no clue, but it'd definitely be well-recieved. Because the more [balanced, good, and fun] characters, the better! :) But it's very doubtful. Don't get your hopes up on characters, but music could be another story. ;)

QFT. Even post-release, Sakurai is STILL THE MINDGAME MASTER! I hate it (no Mewtwo, Roy, Dixie Kong, etc. :(), but I love it (NESS IS BACK!) WHY IS Sakurai SOOOOO CONFUSEDEDEDINGIRINGDING!?!?!? :confused:
Yeah I'm sure there will be downloadable content consisting of stages if not characters. But fourside isn't the only melee song in brawl that stage didn't make it. The Brawl soundtrack includes about every song in melee plus remixes.

Also to everyone else, when it says victory bgm that doesn't mean a seperate song for each character but the same song being programmed to each character. You have to keep in mind that half of the files on here aren't actual programmed files but rather commands to files.

Top Bottom