• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Tracking the Ninja - Greninja Video Thread

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
I have a variation that works on lighter characters, and ones that work on heavies. A video is coming soon. Also you can do at least one footstool on every character.
Yeah, what I tested was which characters I could get the entire combo to work on. Every character can be footstooled once, but some don't get knocked down by the footstool after hitting them with nair at 0% (fox, sheik, and other fast fallers).

I look forward to seeing your video on what to do against these characters :)

Eddy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-7498-4428
Hey guys had a german national recently where i placed 5th out of 74 (yes a little better than last time) heres one of the matches against Xawas Diddy who is the second best Diddy kong in germany atm. There is a other set coming vs Light but not uploaded yet ill edit it when its up.

Vs Xawas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6J6K7fBfQ

Vs Light (once again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP2K0LtZiSg

Here the full results of the tournament:
http://www.smashlabs.de/index.php?t...outouts-thread-agon-2-days-in-neuss/&pageNo=1

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think he's focusing on specific stuff like his Little Mac video is focused on Dtilt, Fox's is on Dair, etc.

D

Deleted member

Here's aMSa against a Sheik/Diddy. The match ups still look brutal.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Found this just uploaded on the Rush Hour Smash youtube channel. It should go in the combo video section of the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu0SqpLtnqM
Hi there, that player was me.
A lot of Greninja's set ups that I performed are techable, which is why they may not be considered combos. They aren't easy to tech, but if they ARE teched, it leads to very good reset situations that you have more than enough reaction time to respond to

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Just an online match showcasing me making use of Stagnant Shuriken. Shoutouts to Shadow Sneak being awesome and Exploding Attack for being there. The match was laggy though, so forgive the Zelda's SD.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Whatup ninjas! Got a lot of requests from my channel to do tips and tricks so I got a replay sent to me from a subscriber to breakdown his gameplay and he happen to be Greninja so i give him some tips and tricks that might help him with his Greninja. How you think I did? Any feedback is appreciated here and on the youtube video itself as the conversation will continue there. Enjoy! : )

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
This thread is really slow. Wish fighting games had a more active critique community. And competitive Greninja videos are just so rare.

You played really well and you won, so there's not a lot to critique, but the main struggle was obviously getting the KO. Maybe you should try out more Hydro Pump tricks (especially the forward then back) to knock them off-balance and get them to jump into an up smash. And you seemed to go for forward throw most of the time, so trying for up throw or down throw mixups might have helped. I don't know how well down tilt to up smash combos against Villager, but I didn't really see you going for down tilt above medium or low percents on combos that didn't really combo.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Who are the best Greninjas to watch to gain a feel for playing the character at a high level?
I'm not one to watch gameplay like that, but try looking for videos of aMSa or other Japanese players as they seem to have the most developed Greninja play yet.

Anyway, since Mocha has been too busy with real life to update this thread, I was wondering if there was a way for me to take it over?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
They are so afraid to commit, even after landing the hit. Landed a deep nair then block. Too much fear here.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I celebrate 100 subs on my channel! I spoil coming projects and show off my Greninja, I think I am starting to understand this character more. A lot of good shadow sneak kills here. Let me know what you think!

Doodle Dork

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoodleDork
Guys plz critique me. Its prepatch (like 2 days before patch).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBDUnETGniA
Good stuff man, especially your spacing when pressuring him near the ledge was really on point. Only thing that stood out to me was that you probably could have gone for a better option instead of trying to push Charizard further off stage with Hydro Pump. Don't think I saw a single time where it had any great effect, and since he only up-b'd below the stage to sweetspot it, it wouldn't have gimped him. You would probably get greater succes by just going for a back air off-stage or trying to get a ledge trump.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
These are some old matches I've had with Megaman

I've gotten better since those, but I figured those might be worth showing.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

set with darkaura. ridiculously powerful greninja player.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
you are literally never impressed so i'm not surprised.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
you are literally never impressed so i'm not surprised.
Has nothing to do with being impressed. You made it seem like hes the Greninja God and does things no other Greninja does. You also said you got bodybagged which is an overstatement.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
idk i could barely hit him. that's getting outplayed tbh. at least in my eyes.

Top Bottom