• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toy Mandala Tourneys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I dont remember a "lonewolfe" that used to go to Toymandala lol you should smash it up with us dude:)
Oh, sorry, I wrote that kinda vague....I meant that I'd never played in a Toy Mandala tourney, but would like to. Thanks for the invite as well....

I'd definitely go if there was going to be one.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
Sorry u guys for not being on the boards but its cuz of major HW from my AP's

I dont think ill be holding any more tournies cuz toymandala takes to much money like inks says

Man i feel preety left out now cuz every one got better and ihave even seen a GC for a while now >_>

Ill try and make it to more tournies and friendly events but i really dont know

BIG UPS TO DEHF for Pwning it UP in the 818

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
i love how pretty much everybody in the 818 (besides me) has ***** you.
lol **** post mike.

On a side note I have an idea to replace this. How do you like it. I will make its own thread if it has enough support.

818 Brawl Online Tournament Series
As it is a series a there is a ranking system is based on points (i.e 1st place has 1,000 pts. and 2nd has 900 pts). Points are added up after each event to determine the current standing. Also, we base the point distribution off of MLG, here is a list below:

1st : 1200
2nd: 1000
3rd : 900
4th : 800
5th : 700
6th : 650
7th : 600
8th : 550
9th : 450
10th: 425
11th: 400
12th: 375
13th: 325
14th: 300
15th: 275
16th: 250
17th: 200
18th: 190
19th: 180
20th: 170
21st: 160
22nd: 150
23rd: 140
24th: 130
25th: 80
26th: 70
27th: 60
28th: 50
29th: 40
30th: 30
31st: 20
32nd: 10
33rd-34th: 8
35th-36th: 7
37th-38th: 6
39th-40th: 5
41st-42nd: 4
43rd-44th: 3
45th-46th: 2
47th-48th: 1
Anything Below: No repect.

Notes:
*This tournament does not reward prizes as there are no entry fees, and the ranking system is just for fun.
*THIS IS A 818 ONLY EVENT as it is made to help 818 get better not other regions :)
*I will be calling the matches on a smash boards thread.
*Both players have to agree upon the result. IF THERE IS A DISAGREEMENT BOTH PLAYERS WILL FORFEIT THE TOURNAMENT WITHOUT POINTS.
*Any forfeit will result in not having points.

Rules:
General Rules
* Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
* Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
* Items will be turned off.

Controllers
* You must use your own controller. As this is an online tournament there is no way to tell if your using a modded controller so you are allowed to use one unless it is extremely obvious that you have a modded controller(i.e. Turbo or programmed buttons).

Stage Selection
* The higher seed has first choice for their color(s).
* The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can't be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
* Singles random select stages: TBD
* Doubles random select stages: TBD
* Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
* Stages banned for Singles Only: TBD
* Stages banned for Doubles Only: TBD
* Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: TBD
* No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a Best of 7 or Best of 9 series.
* After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.
* After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
* If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in their respective bracket and they played a Best of 3 in the Winners Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 7, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Team A beat Team B 2 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 7 will resume with Game 3 and Team A leading 2 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series.
* If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in their respective bracket and they played a Best of 5 in the Winners Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 9, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Team A beat Team B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 9 will resume with Game 4 and Team A leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series.
* If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Other Rules
* Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
* Using any tactics to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
* For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON(If available).
* For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed(If available).

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i love how pretty much everybody in the 818 (besides me) has ***** you.
Um, how many people have I even played from the 818?

I also think you confuse the word ****. **** is not last stock last stock and barely losing. **** is getting two stocked a n00b Sheik then taking him to a gay stage and still losing to his n00b secondary.

So anyway, who have I played from the 818:

1. You. We know how that went.
2. Larry. I've played him I don't know, like six times? First couple of times we played it was like 3-2 in our money matches, my favor. We've money matched across like three different tournaments, Nexus and UCLA III of which come to mind. Most recently I played him at S&C in tourny last week and barely lost, and I played him yesterday in a money match and got *****. He's better than me but I'm not afraid to play him and based on our history I'd hesitate to say he ***** me.
3. Inks. We have barely played, like two times I think and just when I was warming up in friendlies. I wanted to mm him yesterday but he doesn't mm, so whatever.
4. Waffle: Played him a million years ago at Nick's first tourny, won. Haven't seen him since then so it's a pretty irrelevant match considering it had to have been six months ago.
5. J Shadows: Never played him but he uses Link, which gets ***** by Sheik.
6. Lesheik: Played him in friendlies, won. Cool guy, nothing against him.
7. Nes: Never played him, wanted to mm him yesterday but never got to.
8. Rage: Like Waffle it's been a million years since we played, and from what I hear he barely even plays anymore

Who else is even from the 818? So basically I've played two players from the 818 extensively and ***** one and lose to the other. Nice observation. And you're so bad I could beat your Fox with like 5 ****ty secondaries so you really shouldn't talk.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Um, how many people have I even played from the 818?

I also think you confuse the word ****. **** is not last stock last stock and barely losing. **** is getting two stocked a n00b Sheik then taking him to a gay stage and still losing to his n00b secondary.

So anyway, who have I played from the 818:

1. You. We know how that went.
2. Larry. I've played him I don't know, like six times? First couple of times we played it was like 3-2 in our money matches, my favor. We've money matched across like three different tournaments, Nexus and UCLA III of which come to mind. Most recently I played him at S&C in tourny last week and barely lost, and I played him yesterday in a money match and got *****. He's better than me but I'm not afraid to play him and based on our history I'd hesitate to say he ***** me.
3. Inks. We have barely played, like two times I think and just when I was warming up in friendlies. I wanted to mm him yesterday but he doesn't mm, so whatever.
4. Waffle: Played him a million years ago at Nick's first tourny, won. Haven't seen him since then so it's a pretty irrelevant match considering it had to have been six months ago.
5. J Shadows: Never played him but he uses Link, which gets ***** by Sheik.
6. Lesheik: Played him in friendlies, won. Cool guy, nothing against him.
7. Nes: Never played him, wanted to mm him yesterday but never got to.
8. Rage: Like Waffle it's been a million years since we played, and from what I hear he barely even plays anymore

Who else is even from the 818? So basically I've played two players from the 818 extensively and ***** one and lose to the other. Nice observation. And you're so bad I could beat your Fox with like 5 ****ty secondaries so you really shouldn't talk.
I think mikeHaze posted that comment because of what you posted. " i love how the 818 lives vicariously through one player." ;)

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
Yo Neighborhood P
that's cute haha making your list.. you forgot to check it twice
J Shadows= J666 you played him, chaingrabbed him to death. you're too good man
anyways it's all good if you thinkin the 818 aitn too good
i mean... i understand why you would think that
but just call out the MORBSTER i'll play you. I'll rep the 818 just like all these cats here
i play Luigi btw i'm sure i wont be too hard to beat
then you can add me to your list ;)

why dont we make it a MM boy
how bout it?

Hugs and Gabe are 818 also, i'm sure you wouldnt stand a chance against them

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Yo Neighborhood P
that's cute haha making your list.. you forgot to check it twice
J Shadows= J666 you played him, chaingrabbed him to death. you're too good man
anyways it's all good if you thinkin the 818 aitn too good
i mean... i understand why you would think that
but just call out the MORBSTER i'll play you. I'll rep the 818 just like all these cats here
i play Luigi btw i'm sure i wont be too hard to beat
then you can add me to your list ;)

why dont we make it a MM boy
how bout it?

Hugs and Gabe are 818 also, i'm sure you wouldnt stand a chance against them
nowhere in my post did i say 818 sucks; like i just said i have barely played any of 818 so how could i say they suck? i was merely commenting on how the 818 as a whole takes every opportunity to grab on larry's nuts and hype him up. yeah he's good, but he doesn't need a fan club to be taken seriously, no?

and it's especially funny for mike to ever talk **** -- EVER -- when he sucks so badly. stick to band.

i'll be glad to mm you though, best of 5? $5 or $10.

gabe doesn't even play and he'd have to go fox vs me unless he likes being chaingrabbed.

festizzio

Smash Champion
The Toy Mandala tourneys were okay, but the room was really cramped and I kept getting the feeling like the guys didn't want us there; the atmosphere wasn't the best, and they were always on sundays, which is bad for me. :ohwell:

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Well 818 is on larry's nuts just like palmdale is on BoA's nuts.
Good point. :p

And besides, he's new, he's good, he's knows most of the 818, he's cool, he has rep, he's light-skinned, he looks like DaShizWiz, he uses Falco, and he's modest.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Well 818 is on larry's nuts just like palmdale is on BoA's nuts.
Fortunately Palmdale doesn't mention Larry's name in every single thread possible across multiple forums across this site.

I mean literally every single time possible. And DeVry was really the first tournament he even did quite well at. And at least Palmdale actually has really good players (oops) and says it in a half-jest, passing manner.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Fortunately Palmdale doesn't mention Larry's name in every single thread possible across multiple forums across this site.

I mean literally every single time possible. And DeVry was really the first tournament he even did quite well at. And at least Palmdale actually has really good players (oops) and says it in a half-jest, passing manner.
what good players have come from pomona?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
No one? And it's irrelevant, which is why you'll never hear me talk about it. What is this, a contest? Whoever has the best players from a city? Dude, you realize you're playing smash, right? Who counts how many good players a city has? In what way does that matter? Does it make you better because you live there? Well, in your case, obviously not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom