• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Board Game Mode?

Well, It can be Tower of Smash. How to show a Tower in Smash bros? As a Board in the Game pad. Each floor is a square with two doors (working as cards of lot of board games like Monopoly and The Game of Live, explaning the chalange you must complete, replacing the Event Matches), and you must choose the door you want. If you defeat the foe you advance in the game. You rotate the Four Characters with the Game pad, between the battles (It's interesting that 4 is the number of controls supported by Wii U, and it's an usual number of players in Board games, than it could be an 1- 4 players mode). And the bosses are specials chalanges.

Can Work.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I was thinking stage builder is single but also multiplayer. And right master and crazy orders is in the solo screen.

It is getting less and less likely... still holding out on more characters though. Still, no solid nail in the coffin YET, but it could come any day now.
Well, if it makes you feel any better. ToS being fake does not disconfirm the characters as there has been rumors of them before ToS.

Shame that probably means Break The Targets is not back to what it once was...

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
There has been so many red flags with the leak and every day it's feeling less and less likely.

I don't know guys, I could be wrong, but there are so many modes known now, and none of sources has ever hinted towards the ToS mode itself. Even with the sound clip leak in mind, where's even the sound clip for Tower of Smash? They have sound clips for every other single mode and even has a sound clip of a mode that ToS said the game wouldn't have (Event Match).
I'm feeling kind of the same way, but it's worth bearing in mind that the sound clips were found on the 3DS version, so the modes mentioned in the audio files may only be the ones that have some kind of connectivity feature between systems, which means a single player mode probably wouldn't be named. There's no mention of stage builder for instance, even though it's apparently returning.

And while "Yellow Team" makes sense as an added team for facilitating eight-player matches, that doesn't change the fact that while most characters have some form of yellow alt, not all of them do. Colored alts are no longer required for team matches, but every character still has red, blue, and green alts, so who knows. Some of the unused audio files could be just that, unused.

It's straw grasping, but the point is, it's not time to completely give up hope yet.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, if it makes you feel any better. ToS being fake does not disconfirm the characters as there has been rumors of them before ToS.

Shame that probably means Break The Targets is not back to what it once was...
True. Just means Impa might not make it, which I kinda want since it seems odd that zelda doesn't get a new rep but Mario and Pokemon does.

And we still make get a break the targets mode if ToS is wrong.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
There has been so many red flags with the leak and every day it's feeling less and less likely.

I don't know guys, I could be wrong, but there are so many modes known now, and none of sources has ever hinted towards the ToS mode itself. Even with the sound clip leak in mind, where's even the sound clip for Tower of Smash? They have sound clips for every other single mode and even has a sound clip of a mode that ToS said the game wouldn't have (Event Match).

Stage builder is a solo thing, and the Master/Crazy Orders is single player at the very least. (It's in fact listed in Games & More -> Solo)

Even so, the Wii U version seems to be lacking its big singleplayer mode. There appears to be absolutely no successor to either Adventure mode nor SSE for now, and we have not gotten ANY hints towards one from official sources.

If these sound files and the amazon leak are in fact determining all there is left to the game it either means the Smash World mode must be extensive and have alot of value to play solo...
OR the Adventure Mode is not accessible through the 3DS at all.
Remember, it functions as a controller and thus features the sound files for modes you can play using it - but however, what if ToS does not even support anything but the Wii U gamepad? There could be some special features regarding Amiibos or the touchpad integrated, thus making the use of any other controller impossible.
This would not cause any problems either, with it being a mode for simply one player and the gamepad being a necessary tool in conjunction with the Wii U anyways.

And i truly honest to god hope this is the case.

Edit: Kinda :4greninja:'d by Leprechaun.

Last edited:

Naoshi

True. Just means Impa might not make it, which I kinda want since it seems odd that zelda doesn't get a new rep but Mario and Pokemon does.

And we still make get a break the targets mode if ToS is wrong.
True, but my hopes are low for BTT ever coming back as what it once was. It sort of feels like a mode that is kind of being thrown away.

Even so, the Wii U version seems to be lacking its big singleplayer mode. There appears to be absolutely no successor to either Adventure mode nor SSE for now, and we have not gotten ANY hints towards one from official sources.

If these sound files and the amazon leak are in fact determining all there is left to the game it either means the Smash World mode must be extensive and have alot of value to play solo...
OR the Adventure Mode is not accessible through the 3DS at all.
Remember, it functions as a controller and thus features the sound files for modes you can play using it - but however, what if ToS does not even support anything but the Wii U gamepad? There could be some special features regarding Amiibos or the touchpad integrated, thus making the use of any other controller impossible.
This would not cause any problems either, with it being a mode for simply one player and the gamepad being a necessary tool in conjunction with the Wii U anyways.

And i truly honest to god hope this is the case.
The board game might be that huge single player mode. Not sure.

And... uhhhh, why would Tower of Smash even be using only the Wii U gamepad? There is nothing special about that mode that requires the gamepad usage. If it did, then the ToS leaker would have stated it.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm feeling kind of the same way, but it's worth bearing in mind that the sound clips were found on the 3DS version, so the modes mentioned in the audio files may only be the ones that have some kind of connectivity feature between systems, which means a single player mode probably wouldn't be named. There's no mention of stage builder for instance, even though it's apparently returning.

And while "Yellow Team" makes sense as an added team for facilitating eight-player matches, that doesn't change the fact that while most characters have some form of yellow alt, not all of them do. Colored alts are no longer required for team matches, but every character still has red, blue, and green alts, so who knows. Some of the unused audio files could be just that, unused.

It's straw grasping, but the point is, it's not time to completely give up hope yet.
If that's the case, what about master orders and crazy orders? Thats in Solo mode, so it shouldn't need 3DS connectivity.

True, but my hopes are low for BTT ever coming back as what it once was. It sort of feels like a mode that is kind of being thrown away.
I do miss it. It was a nice fun challenge, really made you think for some. Hell, I discovered Jigglypuff being able to use pound to gain air thanks to that mode.

Mr. Hades

Smash Cadet
I think if we get an official name for ''board game mode'' chances are it could be ''Tower of Smash'' or something similar to do with a tower (The leaker may have got the name wrong). If board game mode is something completely different, however, I think we can safely say ToS is doomed... there can't be THAT many single player modes in the Wii U version... :/

Yusa

Smash Cadet
I think if we get an official name for ''board game mode'' chances are it could be ''Tower of Smash'' or something similar to do with a tower (The leaker may have got the name wrong). If board game mode is something completely different, however, I think we can safely say ToS is doomed... there can't be THAT many single player modes in the Wii U version... :/
We would actually only have one gamemode more than back in Brawl, and SSE was so vast that it surely counts for more than the seemingly less intricate modes like the Orders and Smash World. You're right on that we'll probably have to wait it out however and my claims regarding the new features all remain rather baseless for now. Guess we need to twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best.

Naoshi

SSE was vast, but it was also overly ambitious and was probably what held Brawl back in many directions. That mode likely ate up so much developmental resources...

zferolie

Smash Hero
The board game I think is gonna be multiplayer. Why would they have a board game be single player only?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
But it was fun . Btw , i don't think stage-builde was a safe guess . Look all the hack-hole and exploit in the Stage-builder from Brawl ! Just hope to not be limited at one theme ... but mixed part for create a stage !

Naoshi

The board game I think is gonna be multiplayer. Why would they have a board game be single player only?
1P w/ CPUs can work.

Remember, Smash Run was practically 3DS's counterpart to Melee's Adventure Mode and Brawl's SSE. Despite it being forced multiplayer.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
SSE was vast, but it was also overly ambitious and was probably what held Brawl back in many directions. That mode likely ate up so much developmental resources...
Yours is the realistic point of view here, considering they also invested a whole lot into SSB3DS and most likely weren't able to focus on a single game as much...
I will however hold on hope. The 3DS shouldn't be as big of a factor that it actually holds the Wii U version back tremendously - except for :icsmelee: of course.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Alright then. I'll keep my mouth shut next time. And just to anyone who thinks "Can you please die?" is a death threat, it's not. It's sarcastic. Telling someone to "Please" die indicates sarcasm, since I'm basically telling someone to do something Harsh in a nice and polite manner. Again, I'll refrain from saying something like that in the future. I just want to make it clear that nobody is threatening anyone.
It seems we'll have to agree to disagree. This is why cyber bullying is such an issue in Western society (or at the very least in the United States). If you have a group of mean girls who go on someone's FB wall and post "Can you please die? :)" The message and intent behind the message is what is hurtful--it doesn't matter how many smilies or polite words like "please" they include. I'm not hounding you, but just trying to get you to understand where a lot of us were coming from. If anything, the sarcasm you have mentioned is actually just being a huge b*tch on top of it.

TL;DR--don't stoop down low to the level of the idiots on the internet. And don't tell people to die, regardless of however it's worded. :) Be happy, and don't fall for turds who make up fake leaks! :)

zferolie

Smash Hero
But it was fun . Btw , i don't think stage-builde was a safe guess . Look all the hack-hole and exploit in the Stage-builder from Brawl ! Just hope to not be limited at one theme ... but mixed part for create a stage !
Not as safe as other guesses but a decent guess. It's like guessing Snake was going to be back, despite the issues going against it. Turned out that was a wrong safe guess.

1P w/ CPUs can work.

Remember, Smash Run was practically 3DS's counterpart to Melee's Adventure Mode and Brawl's SSE. Despite it being forced multiplayer.
True. It could be vs CPUS like smash run, but I meant single player only, like tower of smash is supposed to be.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
It seems we'll have to agree to disagree. This is why cyber bullying is such an issue in Western society (or at the very least in the United States). If you have a group of mean girls who go on someone's FB wall and post "Can you please die? :)" The message and intent behind the message is what is hurtful--it doesn't matter how many smilies or polite words like "please" they include. I'm not hounding you, but just trying to get you to understand where a lot of us were coming from. If anything, the sarcasm you have mentioned is actually just being a huge b*tch on top of it.

TL;DR--don't stoop down low to the level of the idiots on the internet. And don't tell people to die, regardless of however it's worded. :) Be happy, and don't fall for turds who make up fake leaks! :)
Dude really?

Naoshi

Just because it created an exploit in the previous game doesn't mean they can't patch that up for the next one. I mean, there's Mario Maker coming for Wii U. So that's proof exploits aren't going to stop them from making stage builders.

I mean, one can easily say Stage Builder was a safe guess.

Last edited:

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
What's up, buttercup?
You know what I think would be worse than a mean girl making a sarcastic comment about someone who's an asshole?:)A bunch of white knight SJWs who don't understand jokes and sarcasm, constantly preaching to me despite the fact that the problem is resolved and off topic. :) You'r probably one of those imbeciles who complained about Samus's heels. Now, if you don't mind, can you please die? :)

Last edited:

Cornerian Mercenary

Smash Rookie
Has anyone identified the stage pictured in Ganondorf's section of the official site where he is in his final smash boar form facing Link and Lucina? It looks like carpets and sky to me. Not sure if those carpets make sense with rainbow cruise, but I can't think of any other stage it could be.

Naoshi

Has anyone identified the stage pictured in Ganondorf's section of the official site where he is in his final smash boar form facing Link and Lucina? It looks like carpets and sky to me. Not sure if those carpets make sense with rainbow cruise, but I can't think of any other stage it could be.

Wow, crazy find... I have no idea either. I'll try comparing this to other levels right now!

DuckHunter

Smash Rookie
As usual, these confirmations dance around all of the information ToS presents to us. Stage builder isn't that crazy of a guess based on its popularity in Brawl. I assume that our next huge info dump won't be until some form of a direct. With November and the 21st specifically being important times for not just smash, I'd guess that Smash for Wii U will only take up so much time during a direct. However, I'm sure this amount of time allotted will either be the saving grace or nail in the coffin for ToS. They certainly don't want to debunk or prove it right now,because that kills speculation. No speculation = less discussion = less hype = less profit for Nintendo.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
You know what I think would be worse than a mean girl making a sarcastic comment about someone who's an *******?:)A bunch of white knight SJWs who don't understand jokes and sarcasm, constantly preaching to me despite the fact that them problem is resolved and off topic. :) You'r probably one of those imbeciles who complained about Samus's heels. Now, if you don't mind, can you please die? :)
LMAO actually no, I didn't complain about Samus' heels. I see where both sides are coming from; however, I don't see an issue with ZSS's heels. Sakurai is simply doing a smart business move to cater to the demographic of his games...I find it impractical that her running speed is so high, but whatever.

I understand that you may have meant it as an ill-delivered and non-humorous pleasantry, however, my point is that the recipients of those comments sometimes decide to end their own life because of receiving such an amount of negative commentary. I certainly wouldn't dare call myself a SJW either. Just because you're acting like an immature jackass doesn't make me an SJW, let's just clear that up. lol I would just call ill-worded death threat jokes indecent and inappropriate. lol

Naoshi

You know what I think would be worse than a mean girl making a sarcastic comment about someone who's an *******?:)A bunch of white knight SJWs who don't understand jokes and sarcasm, constantly preaching to me despite the fact that the problem is resolved and off topic. :) You'r probably one of those imbeciles who complained about Samus's heels. Now, if you don't mind, can you please die? :)
Wow... The whole "SJW" and the insulting is completely unnecessary. What the hell seriously

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Why the hell is this turning into a SJW/samus heels issue? It's is about tower of smash rumors and related. Unless one of the rumors is that Samus gets a thong and string bikini alt outfit for DLC, please keep this stuff out of here

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Yep! You're right. I would post a link to the image but the miiverse smash bros site prevents me from doing so.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/skyloft
Ahh, guess it makes sense that it's Skyloft considering it's Ganondorf's reveal. Ah well, no new info to hype us up. Must say though, Skyloft does look like a fun stage (I really haven't been following the Wii U stages; I'm going to have so many stage spoilers come November 21st! :D).

Also, if we are going to receive any Directs within the next few weeks that will further confirm/deconfirm the ToS content, at what point should we expect it? I would think by the end of October, right?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ahh, guess it makes sense that it's Skyloft considering it's Ganondorf's reveal. Ah well, no new info to hype us up. Must say though, Skyloft does look like a fun stage (I really haven't been following the Wii U stages; I'm going to have so many stage spoilers come November 21st! :D).
I am looking forward to skyloft. I do enjoy stages that travel around 1 location to show off different parts of it

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600

It is a section of skyloft http://i.imgur.com/7dkhPvB.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, I'm just glad to know the Little Prince was a big liar and we don't need to give him any more time anymore other than how bad a "leaker" he was.

I know this has been derailing like you know what, but that's all I have to say. I just hope that Isaac will be a Smash Bros. fighter and that the ToS character suggestions isn't entirely accurate.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we've seen all the game modes the Wii U has to offer. Very well may be a single-player only mode still left to go. Or Sakurai is really focusing on making this a party game, I dunno.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't think we've seen all the game modes the Wii U has to offer. Very well may be a single-player only mode still left to go. Or Sakurai is really focusing on making this a party game, I dunno.
I find it amusing that Smash is really one of the few fighters where people want MORE single player modes, where other fighters are removing them *looks at soul caliber*

Naoshi

Single player mode is actually a really important part of Smash for me. So I hope there's plenty of nice content to keep me occupied when I'm not fighting with other people.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Single player mode is actually a really important part of Smash for me. So I hope there's plenty of nice content to keep me occupied when I'm not fighting with other people.
Oh same with me. I wish more fighters had single player modes, since I am an adult and can't always play with others due to them also being adults and not having time. I just find it amusing that its a dieing thing if fighters, like unlocking characters and stages

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Warning Received
You know what I think would be worse than a mean girl making a sarcastic comment about someone who's an *******?:)A bunch of white knight SJWs who don't understand jokes and sarcasm, constantly preaching to me despite the fact that the problem is resolved and off topic. :) You'r probably one of those imbeciles who complained about Samus's heels. Now, if you don't mind, can you please die? :)
I think you should just leave this thread for a while and take a breather, okay?
You're obviously not taking this too well, and I think you may need some time to chill out. Don't lash out at us because we're telling you that you're being nasty. There is a huge difference between "White Knight" SJWs and folks who don't accept childish "jokes". I don't care what you think or say it was, but saying "Can you please die" is a lot harsher when it's said to you than when you say it to another. You wouldn't know unless it was pointed towards you. I've known people who have had this said to them before. Often when they know it's a joke, they're still affected on some level.

I understand sarcasm, but I also understand how people can differently decode messages. This is why I disagree with your comment.

I hope this helps you understand our point.

(Oh, and the whole "Samus's Heels" thing again? What kind of argument is that? For the record, I was one of the people saying it was a good addition, and I still disagree with you)

I feel that too many people are freaking out over this "Board Game" but then I doubt that the Wii U's "Big mode" would be so simple.
Even if it is the "board game" I can tell you for sure that it's more than what it sounds like. Don't expect it to just be chess with Smash characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom