• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I feel that we're all worrying too much about this Anon who has "disconfirmed" the leak. If I'm going to hear anyone debunk anything (or confirm anything), it's Sakurai himself. I stand on this as a I stand on the ToS leak itself. Neutral and unsure.

I will await Sakurai's upcoming information on the Wii U version.
(I also feel as if some people are confused about this whole "Direct" thing. As of now, a Nintendo direct has NOT been confirmed to happen. It is a possibility. Nothing more. Chill, dudes.)

Last edited:

Wombo194

Smash Rookie
You guys realize that anyone can post that kind of thing on 4chan right? That statement applies to the ToS "leak" too. Just because it has a lot of text doesn't mean anything.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So the way I see it, there are two possibilities here:

1. The leaks are all real and are based off of fragmented accounts from different sources, but the essential information largely overlaps between all of them. Creative liberties may have been taken or certain aspects may have been embellished or outright fabricated and exaggerated to make a better story.

2. None of the leaks are real and any future developments pertaining to this "leaked" content is just pure and absolute coincidence. They've all made a lot of safe bets and a lot of wild proclamations; I'd say they're going to get a lot of stuff right by sheer dint of saturating it with potential content. They've said so much and a lot of it is so similar, some of it is bound to eventually hit the proverbial mark. Consequently, everything that seems particularly specific and possibly credible (Tower of Smash, Smash World) is just pulling names and concepts out of thin air and doesn't bear any substantial foundations to be built upon whatsoever.

Either way, I'd say the possibility of DLC characters is highly likely, and new game modes is guaranteed. I'd say we ought to be cautious and rational before declaring, even in hindsight, whether these leaks are "correct" or not.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
This "Nintendo Employee" sounds slightly more legit than the last person who went on 4chan and said the leak was fake because he actually makes some claims of his own. But it means **** all until we learn more about 8 player smash or the great cave offensive stage. If we get details on those and they line up, it's time to pack it it up. If not, this train keeps on chugging.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Mr.Prince posted again!
Super Smash Bros. "Smash World" has certainly gotten a lot of hype in the past weeks. Many didn't believe anything that I had to say. What I have to say to those people is, have a good day! "Smash World" is coming!
I have more details on the mode.

AND Seriously this time, the REAL OFFICIAL Characters coming are now here
Wolf, Isaac, Lucas, Dr. Luigi, Impa, Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Wonder-Red, Inklings, and Mewtwo. I apologize for the misunderstanding before, I wasn't positive on the Splatoon character names and I didn't want to get their names wrong!

In Smash World, you are able to battle players from around the world! The Smash World will consist of a few specific settings
Stock Battle, Time Battle, and Sudden Death Mode.
Every battle you win, you can earn prizes and skills that make you a better fighter! The skills can give characters such as Link powerups that you can use any time in a Smash World battle! Say if you earned 5 KO's in Smash World in a Stock Battle, you could have a chance to earn a prize such as Invisibilty, or an item of your choice, or just something simple as extra lives! You can use these anytime in battle.
Smash World can also be used as a newer Tournament mode. Smash World tournaments can have up to 8 players locally or 64 players worldwide. The 4 players can play on the Wii U, but the other 4 players can use the 3DS as a controller and a way to use your power-ups or anything you achieved. The Smash World Mode is WII U EXCLUSIVE.

Also, when you connect the 3DS to the Wii U, fighters that can be unlocked by beating them in a 1 on 1 battle are Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Impa. These characters will NOT be unlocked from the get go. They will need to be earned.
However, if you don't have a Wii U, these characters can be purchased from the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $8.99 as a pack.
The pack will also contain stages from previous Smash Bros. installments and a few new stages.

Isaac and Wonder- Red are Smash World unlockables. Isaac will be unlocked by beating your first local Smash World Tournament. Wonder-Red can be unlocked by earning 50 Smash World Prizes.
For the 3DS version of the game, players can buy Isaac and Wonder-Red in a pack with other items and stages for $8.99.

The Inklings will be unlocked in 2015 when the release of Splatoon releases. This character does not need any unlock requirements.
If you buy Splatoon, you will unlock the Inklings and other Splatoon related paraphernalia in Super Smash Bros. If you don't have a Wii U or a copy of Splatoon, 3DS players can buy the Splatoon pack in the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $5.99. If you have a Wii U and will not be purchasing Splatoon, you can still buy the Splatoon back from the Wii U eShop for $5.99 as well.

I am not the original person who spoke about Tower of Smash, therefore I will leave that topic to him/her. I will say that this mode is coming whether its called ToS or something like Smash Tower or Smash Rush.

I again apologize for the confusion about my previous comments. I typed this again for everyone here and everyone elsewhere to better understand this upcoming mode

Again, Smash World is a WII U EXCLUSIVE MODE. It will be listed under Games & More and Online.

Have a good day everyone! And don't forget to play Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS!!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
Also, Mewtwo and Ridley hype! Anyway, hyping aside, the thing that's kinda pushing me away from this leak a little bit is the constantly changing info. However, it also adds a slight air of believability to it, and I truly want to believe this leak, and so far I do.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Mr.Prince posted again!
Super Smash Bros. "Smash World" has certainly gotten a lot of hype in the past weeks. Many didn't believe anything that I had to say. What I have to say to those people is, have a good day! "Smash World" is coming!

Wolf, Isaac, Lucas, Dr. Luigi, Impa, Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Wonder-Red, Inklings, and Mewtwo. I apologize for the misunderstanding before, I wasn't positive on the Splatoon character names and I didn't want to get their names wrong!

In Smash World, you are able to battle players from around the world! The Smash World will consist of a few specific settings
Every battle you win, you can earn prizes and skills that make you a better fighter! The skills can give characters such as Link powerups that you can use any time in a Smash World battle! Say if you earned 5 KO's in Smash World in a Stock Battle, you could have a chance to earn a prize such as Invisibilty, or an item of your choice, or just something simple as extra lives! You can use these anytime in battle.
Smash World can also be used as a newer Tournament mode. Smash World tournaments can have up to 8 players locally or 64 players worldwide. The 4 players can play on the Wii U, but the other 4 players can use the 3DS as a controller and a way to use your power-ups or anything you achieved. The Smash World Mode is WII U EXCLUSIVE.

Also, when you connect the 3DS to the Wii U, fighters that can be unlocked by beating them in a 1 on 1 battle are Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Impa. These characters will NOT be unlocked from the get go. They will need to be earned.
However, if you don't have a Wii U, these characters can be purchased from the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $8.99 as a pack.
The pack will also contain stages from previous Smash Bros. installments and a few new stages.

Isaac and Wonder- Red are Smash World unlockables. Isaac will be unlocked by beating your first local Smash World Tournament. Wonder-Red can be unlocked by earning 50 Smash World Prizes.
For the 3DS version of the game, players can buy Isaac and Wonder-Red in a pack with other items and stages for $8.99.

The Inklings will be unlocked in 2015 when the release of Splatoon releases. This character does not need any unlock requirements.
If you buy Splatoon, you will unlock the Inklings and other Splatoon related paraphernalia in Super Smash Bros. If you don't have a Wii U or a copy of Splatoon, 3DS players can buy the Splatoon pack in the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $5.99. If you have a Wii U and will not be purchasing Splatoon, you can still buy the Splatoon back from the Wii U eShop for $5.99 as well.

I am not the original person who spoke about Tower of Smash, therefore I will leave that topic to him/her. I will say that this mode is coming whether its called ToS or something like Smash Tower or Smash Rush.

I again apologize for the confusion about my previous comments. I typed this again for everyone here and everyone elsewhere to better understand this upcoming mode

Again, Smash World is a WII U EXCLUSIVE MODE. It will be listed under Games & More and Online.

Have a good day everyone! And don't forget to play Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS!!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
Also, Mewtwo and Ridley hype! Anyway, hyping aside, the thing that's kinda pushing me away from this leak a little bit is the constantly changing info. However, it also adds a slight air of believability to it, and I truly want to believe this leak, and so far I do.
Do not toy with my heart, good sir / madam.

DO NOT TOY WITH MY HEART.

I don't buy it, personally, but it does sound much more credible than the previous "leaks". I'd love for this to be true - perfect Smash experience right here pour moi~

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Mr.Prince posted again!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
OMG, OMG, Impa Hype!

(Think of the light as Smash Bros)

If this is fake imma be pissed

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'd like to see the source of this post. So please link it if you can.

Also.. uh, didn't he previously say Dr. Luigi was a lie and Wonder Red was an AT? What's going on?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Mr.Prince posted again!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
I'm fairly certain he's still full of ****. Why does he try hard to make it sound like a press release if he's illegally leaking info? He also contradicted his previous posts yet again here. I fail to see how ridiculous inconsistency "adds an air of believability" in the least. This guy is a waste of time.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Well, if anything, I sure admire his persistence.
Same. It's pretty amazing how persistant people can be while contradicting themselves in every single post. How are people falling for this is beyond me.

If he turns out to be legit then he has to be the worst leaker of all time for simply doing an awful job at leaking and keeping consistent with details.

OMG, OMG, Impa Hype!

(Think of the light as Smash Bros)

If this is fake imma be pissed
I am going to be really blunt: This is what happens when you've set yourself up for disappointment. Take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, you can believe that there's a chance the leak might be true, but don't do this to yourself man.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Mr.Prince posted again!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
This is very interesting, but if I recall, wasn't he sure that Smash world was a 3DS mode before?
That seems to have changed, huh?
If I saw this paragraph of info instead of all of his previous ones, I'd totally buy it, however I just can't accept this as much as I would like to. I am quite surprised at how in depth this is and I'll be awaiting stuff from Sakurai with this in mind.

I would like to take note of the paragraph in which he says: "I am not the original person who spoke about Tower of Smash, therefore I will leave that topic to him/her. I will say that this mode is coming whether its called ToS or something like Smash Tower or Smash Rush."
I find this the most interesting out of it all. He directly contradicts parts of the ToS leak in his big write up, but then clarifies on his position that the GAME MODE is real. He speaks nothing of anything else mentioned.

I must say, I am very intrigued by all this. I'll be following all of this even closer now.

THAT BEING SAID: LET'S KEEP A HEALTHY AMOUNT OF SCEPTICISM HERE FOLKS. BE PREPARED FOR THIS TO BE DEBUNKED AS COMPLETE BULL****, BECAUSE IT MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If he turns out to be legit then he has to be the worst leaker of all time for simply doing an awful job at leaking and keeping consistent with details.
Maybe it's to prevent himself from getting caught?

I am going to be really blunt: This is what happens when you've set yourself up for disappointment. Take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, you can believe that there's a chance the leak might be true, but don't do this to yourself man.
Agreed so much. It's fine to hope, but don't give it too much.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If all his info turns out true, I'll be shocked, but I just can't buy it at all. Too many inconsistencies with his info, and contradictions with Sakurai's words. Also, it seems fairly pointless to have Wolf and Lucas, considering their moves are now custom moves for other characters. Take his post with a massive grain of salt, people.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So where did he post this time?

I am a bit worried about all those prices, and its forcing the 3DS users without a Wii U to buy them.

The idea of unlocking Isaac and Wonder red though online only tournaments is kinda odd, and didn;t he says smash world was a 3ds one before?

got to give him credit with him keeping this up if it is a lie. Let's just see how long till it's killed. if its true though its a nice roster.

Naoshi

Maybe it's to prevent himself from getting caught?
Fair point. Although in a hypothetical scenario that this is real: He's really giving out so much info about the Gamemodes and the DLC plans, enough that it can easily get himself into trouble.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Mr.Prince posted again!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
Not saying this is true, but if it is.

CHORUS MEN HYPE!
TOGETHER NOW, AH!

Naoshi

So where did he post this time?

I am a bit worried about all those prices, and its forcing the 3DS users without a Wii U to buy them.

The idea of unlocking Isaac and Wonder red though online only tournaments is kinda odd, and didn;t he says smash world was a 3ds one before?

got to give him credit with him keeping this up if it is a lie. Let's just see how long till it's killed. if its true though its a nice roster.
Yeah it sounds a bit scummy for 3DS-only owners to be honest. :/

Although in all fairness, he did say local, not online, for unlocking Isaac and Wonder Red. But even so, he didn't specificy that it's possible to play it alone. So that makes me wonder if you're forced to play with friends to unlock characters, that has never been done before in the series. So I feel this part is pretty suspicious.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Also, it seems fairly pointless to have Wolf and Lucas, considering their moves are now custom moves for other characters.
That's not really all too important. Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario all got in somehow, so I could honestly see Wolf and Lucas getting in. It wouldn't shock me at all.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Mr.Prince posted again!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
D-d-Doctor freaking Luigi?
As much of a wet dream for me that would be [Mixing my 2 mains] this makes me super skeptical.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
That's not really all too important. Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario all got in somehow, so I could honestly see Wolf and Lucas getting in. It wouldn't shock me at all.
Well, they could have been included in already. Seems pointless to hold them back, considering all their assets are there.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If all his info turns out true, I'll be shocked, but I just can't buy it at all. Too many inconsistencies with his info, and contradictions with Sakurai's words. Also, it seems fairly pointless to have Wolf and Lucas, considering their moves are now custom moves for other characters. Take his post with a massive grain of salt, people.
Maybe they got decloned?

zferolie

Smash Hero
... Also Dr. Luigi... A clone of a Clone who was once a clone?

CLONCEPTION!?

seriously, why dr. luigi?

Maybe they got decloned?
Lucas was only a clone with the B moves. A moves are all unique. He's opretty much Luigi to mario. I can see them giving new B moves to him.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm fairly certain he's still full of ****. Why does he try hard to make it sound like a press release if he's illegally leaking info? He also contradicted his previous posts yet again here. I fail to see how ridiculous inconsistency "adds an air of believability" in the least. This guy is a waste of time.
I don't know. I definently see where you're coming from, and I totally understand, but the constantly changing info seems like something that would happen in his situation. Apparently, he gets his info via email from a friend, who gets his info from another person, so who knows how long the list of people goes. Information can get pretty twisted. I know it's serious straw-grasping, but I reckon my fanboy desire for Wonder-Red is what makes me want to believe. I've got no problem with people who disagree with me, I've just got my opinion and that's that.
I'd like to see the source of this post. So please link it if you can. I know I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm willing to take that risk. I didn't get Mewtwo for this game (at first at least), and I feel like I handled it pretty well. No raging and crying, just sighed, shrugged my shoulders and moved on. I'm totally fine with current roster, but these extras would make it better.

At Naoshi (not tagging cause it screws with my posts). Sure. Wait-What!? He edited his post! The info regarding Wonder-Red and the others is no longer there! Something's up there. Not sure what to make of it, but take it as you will. I'll link it the second I get off mobile. That might be awhile, so just so you know, it's in the Ocotber 16th Daily Pic, page 2 or 3 I think. You could also check his profile.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i 35% believe ToS but Smash worldis getting a little ridiculous despite how nice it sounds and how real it sounds there no real proff back it up.Again giving it the benefit of the doubt but can we please try not to get hype over a leak

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Mr.Prince posted again!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
This guy makes sooo many contradictions it's not even funny.

First he goes from Wonder Red is playable to he's an assist trophy back to He's playable
Then he goes from smash world is a 3ds mode to wii u exclusive.

Wait, so you need to unlock these characters? ToS said ALL were unlocked from the beginning. He's piggyybacking of ToS yet he contradicts it.

Yeah, obvious bull****. He's just come back to capitalize of his lucky guess.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
"I am not the original person who spoke about Tower of Smash, therefore I will leave that topic to him/her. I will say that this mode is coming whether its called ToS or something like Smash Tower or Smash Rush."
This made the entire leak fake to me. How could one acquire information about DLC, pricing, and all of this other information but NOT have information about the main mode of Smash Wii U, so far as to not even know the final NAME of the mode....Oh my, this guy is trying way too hard.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
This guy makes sooo many contradictions it's not even funny.

First he goes from Wonder Red is playable to he's an assist trophy back to He's playable
Then he goes from smash world is a 3ds mode to wii u exclusive.

Wait, so you need to unlock these characters? ToS said ALL were unlocked from the beginning. He's piggyybacking of ToS yet he contradicts it.

Yeah, obvious bull****. He's just come back to capitalize of his lucky guess.
Well, to be fair, these characters are special in the sense of how you unlock them, so it's reasonable they could be an exception.

Naoshi

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
He enclosed his Youtube channel to us for some reason. For reference, I believe this is it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEavpOJztGc6LJbQlSfYPSg

I don't know why he'd say unless he was planning to upload some videos. (If he's just got a contact then how would he aquire one? I haven't a scooby-doo)
That or he's wanting people to subscribe in the hope that they'll get some videos or something?
Either way, I won't sub, but I'm gonna keep a look out for anything on that channel.

EDIT: I think this guy has been in a leak of some sort before due to a message found on his Youtube discussion tab from 11 months back. That or it could just be something else, but still, I quote "Hey dude, you care to share what the three new legendaries look like?"
Do what you want with that info.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEavpOJztGc6LJbQlSfYPSg/discussion

Last edited:

Mr. Hades

Smash Cadet
I've said this a gazillion times before, but anything to do with the Mr. Prince fella really doesn't need to be discussed. It's not worth talking about some kid who got lucky and wants attention on the internet.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So much hype is riding on these two leaks combined ....... and we will most likely get nothing :crying:
I actually think some more characters are gonna happen regardless of this leak, Mainly because of that wii u roster which appears to be the starting one featuring Ness, Jigglypuff and Ganondorf. There's no we we're gonna have all the Zelda AND Pokemon characters available from the start. Plus nintendo would be incredibly stupid not to do something like this, Otherwise it seems like they're trying to kill the Wii U

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I've said this a gazillion times before, but anything to do with the Mr. Prince fella really doesn't need to be discussed. It's not worth talking about some kid who got lucky and wants attention on the internet.
It's worth more discussing this than going in that useless cycle we go through in this message board all the time. I'd rather discuss Mr. Prince than have everyone get mad at troll bait and bring up the god damn "Six slots on the website OMGWTFBBQ" what we've all heard so many times.

This is new and related. We shall discuss.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So much hype is riding on these two leaks combined ....... and we will most likely get nothing :crying:
"Better than to have hyped and have lost then to have never hyped at all."
Nah, I'm just kidding. Well, mostly. As long as you're aware of the risks and can handle disappointment maturely, I don't have a problem with it.

Naoshi

I actually think some more characters are gonna happen regardless of this leak, Mainly because of that wii u roster which appears to be the starting one featuring Ness, Jigglypuff and Ganondorf. There's no we we're gonna have all the Zelda AND Pokemon characters available from the start. Plus nintendo would be incredibly stupid not to do this
That's only assuming that's the actual starting roster. Things are different now since the 3DS version is out, Sakurai has been spoiling things without care (Ness and Magicant PoTD, which is displayed on the front page, and mentioning Ganondorf in the Homerun Contest PoTD).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That's only assuming that's the actual starting roster. Things are different now since the 3DS version is out, Sakurai has been spoiling things without care (Ness and Magicant PoTD, which is displayed on the front page, and mentioning Ganondorf in the Homerun Contest PoTD).
It probably is, It's obviously not full and posting a pic of a half completed roster is strange

EDIT: Also I just realized something, Bowser Jr, a mario character. Jigglypuff a pokemon character and Ganondorf, a zelda character are all starters while Dixie kong, a pseudo-mario character. Mewtwo, a pokemon character and Impa a zelda character are all rumoured to be playable.

Coincidence? I think not

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom