• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I

I already posted about the music tracks, but I agree. It is very odd that a "fake" leaker would put information that could be debunked within a day on his fake leak.

Edit: I just realised something. Sakurai was talking about how he wouldn't be including Subspace-style cutscenes because it can easily just be posted on the internet and warped of all surprise. Using this logic, would it be too far fetched to say that maybe the stages are unlocked form the get-go for this very reason?
I think the main reason this rumour may be legit is because of how much info he willingly gave out. Wouldn't a fake leaker try to be more vague so he couldn't get debunked so easily? It makes sense that he's telling the truth.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
There were very detailed fake leaks before, and they even went with even more risky things to say.

There was one that detailed so many things, including Ashley being AT. It was ignored until Ashley was officially revealed to be AT, but then shortly after it got debunked hard.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
There were very detailed fake leaks before, and they even went with even more risky things to say.

There was one that detailed so many things, including Ashley being AT. It was ignored until Ashley was officially revealed to be AT, but then shortly after it got debunked hard.
What leak was that, pre-tell?

Last edited:

Naoshi

What lek was that, pre-tell?
It was months ago, shortly before they revealed Ashley as AT. It was in the old official leaks and rumors thread from back then

I'm pretty sure there were plenty more very detailed rumors but I forgot what they were even like lol

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
It was months ago, shortly before they revealed Ashley as AT. It was in the old official leaks and rumors thread from back then

I'm pretty sure there were plenty more very detailed rumors but I forgot what they were even like lol
Nvrm, found it. Yeah, it said Diddy and Dixie were a tag team, Rosalina was the only Mario newcomer, K.Rool, Ridley, etc. Effectively, it sounded like too much of a good thing. Mind you, he did matchup things that did happened, though of course they were more inevitablitities than anything, so nothing special there.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Anyway, THE GAME IS OUT. Anybody who thinks more characters are coming is fooling themselves. We may see DLC eventually, but that's about it, and likely only as a way to hype new games as they release during the Wii U's console generation. I can just see that: Nintendo Direct announces release date for the new Star Fox game? Oh btw you can download Wolf in Smash now, $3.99. Pokemon get's it's first Wii U game? Here ya go, Mewtwo is $5.99.
I hate how much sense this makes... If we take recent history for example, Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors both got DLC that unlocks additional rewards over time, as opposed to all the content dumped on you at one time. Surely, this is meant to keep the hype strong over a lengthier period of time. The slower burning candle burns longer, after all.

We'll need to consider the possibility that even if ToS is confirmed true, it doesn't necessarily mean we're getting all five characters on release. Even if the leaker saw them playable, they might still be held back.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
It makes perfect sense. He teased him as a boss, and then decided to let the hype run wild when everybody thought he was being teased as playable. The most damning evidence is the "enemy from Samus' past" thing on the Pyrosphere POTD. Why didn't he clarify like he did with all the other characters? Probably a combination of these things:

1) The hype was real, and hype sells games. Why kill that before launch?
2) Sakurai is a gigantic troll and thought it was hilarious.
3) Nintendo, for whatever the **** reason, didn't want anything more revealed about Ridley or the bosses.

Anyway, THE GAME IS OUT. Anybody who thinks more characters are coming is fooling themselves. We may see DLC eventually, but that's about it, and likely only as a way to hype new games as they release during the Wii U's console generation. I can just see that: Nintendo Direct announces release date for the new Star Fox game? Oh btw you can download Wolf in Smash now, $3.99. Pokemon get's it's first Wii U game? Here ya go, Mewtwo is $5.99.

If that type of thing doesn't happen, the roster is final.
He's specifically said he hates doing everything you've described. So if he did what you're saying then he's a liar who not only does like false hype, not only strung people along, but would know damn well the demand for Ridley on the roster and just not even letting people down without a shadow of a doubt. Any minute respect I may have had for the man would be dead.

As for the game being out and the roster being known, that could be all there is to it. I won't deny that. However other than hardcore Smash fans, who would buy a Wii U this holiday for a game their kids already have on their 3DS if the characters and general experience is the same? I know the differences between having a console version and a handheld version, and I'm sure parents do as well. Doesn't mean they'd want to go shell out for a Wii U for something their kids already have. Now if they needed both versions to complete both versions of the games? That could persuade them. I hope this is the case because some heavy fan demanded characters would make the clones and bias a bit easier to swallow. Not fun to swallow, but better.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Now if they needed both versions to complete both versions of the games? That could persuade them.
I don't see why anybody would be happy about that because it is completely unfair to the consumer when the roster of characters was said to be the same multiple times.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why anybody would be happy about that because it is completely unfair to the consumer when the roster of characters was said to be the same multiple times.
Well technically they wouldn't be lying cuz the wii u version wouldn't have the characters unless you had the 3ds version. So either you have the extra characters on both versions or none.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The rosters would be the same if the 3DS downloaded the new characters from the Wii U. Some have suggested it unlikely because the characters should have been already in the ROM, waiting to be unlocked, unless Nintendo opted to do it the "hard way" for fear of hackers finding them. Others might point out that hackers indeed tried to find them, so such fears were rightly justified.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
"Choose a build" Well the leaker did say that the stage builder would be back. My faith has been reinstilled somewhat.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Oh so that's why Sakurai showed us all those menu pics. He was teasing a new smash bros restaurant where you order up from a menu. Take your ammibo to Smash World a five star KO restaurant. Seriously though this is pretty big spread the word around. This is a much bigger discovery than the last announcer clips because none of this stuff ( to my knowledge) is in the game's data.

Jahnathan

Smash Cadet
"Choose a build" Well the leaker did say that the stage builder would be back. My faith has been reinstilled somewhat.
90% of the time when a game refers to something as it a build, it's means a combination of items and abilities, not an actual structure. Keep clinging on to that false hope though.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It'd be cool if Smash World was an MMO type deal and the Master/Crazy/Special Orders are sort of like factions.
But that's overthinking a couple of voice clips.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's Smash world, party time, excellent! Smash world could have been the old name for Smash run? Remember, the Wii U and 3DS were build at the same time, but separately. I wouldn't take the sound files you hear in one to be in the other.

I will not be surprised if this leak is fake, but I still believe to be true, because of what I said before: They need to pull people to buy this game. The common player will not buy this game and a Wii U just for the same game again. They need ALOT of stuff different, and also need stuff people really want. More characters is what people want. And having some being unlocked buy having both games is the best way to do that.

Regardless, I think this game is getting DLC. No doubt about that. Not just because they found proof for DLC pages on the 3DS, but also with Mario kart 8 and Hyrule warriors. Nintendo is starting to do DLC, but they are planning for the long term un both of those games. I can see the same happening here. Sakurai, or the team, may make characters and stages for this game for YEARS, if they want to keep this game relevent, and not want to release a new version for a long time. Skullgirls shows that you can keep a game exciting with a new character every 2-3 months, I can see that happening in smash as well, and laster for a year or so.

Naoshi

Hopefully the counter part of Smash Run

Unlikely Prediction: An Adventure Mode, but not with a budget that SSE had (otherwise they'd be showing it off like a big deal). Probably something like Melee's Adventure Mode, but with a bit more budget to have more adventure-style stages. They could port the Smash Run enemies to this and make the the adventure level maps.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
The rosters would be the same. They never said you wouldn't need the other to unlock the full roster though.

Not saying it will happen, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U version had unlockables exclusive to it, and that some of the 3DS unlockables needed to be "transferred".

Who knows, something like 18 total unlockables, six 3DS exclusives, six Wii U exclusives, six shared with characters unlocked from the "shared" group transferable (that is, you could immediately unlock all twelve 3DS unlockables if you had them on the 3DS version).

I still have quite large doubts that they'll be any new characters with the Wii U version though. Who knows though...

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
What are people's thoughts on "Special/Master/Crazy Order?" What could that possibly mean? What are tickets? We haven't seen anything other than gold as a form of currency to date.

Could "Order" refer to selecting the order of your characters as you enter the Tower of Smash? Sort of pulls Special/Master/Crazy out of context though, so that's a huge stretch.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
What are people's thoughts on "Special/Master/Crazy Order?" What could that possibly mean? What are tickets? We haven't seen anything other than gold as a form of currency to date.

Could "Order" refer to selecting the order of your characters as you enter the Tower of Smash? Sort of pulls Special/Master/Crazy out of context though, so that's a huge stretch.
Well, the Master and Crazy orders seem to imply Master and Crazy Hand will play some of role in these modes, or the name could just be a reference. Honestly its very hard to imagine with these modes will be like, with only their names to work with.
I feel Sakurai will need to elaborate soon, either through Pic of the Day, or a Nintendo direct.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

Special/Master/Crazy could be different versions or modes of ToS? If ToS is even true, that is. Still though, wasn't there a Nana and Popo chant found in the data of the 3DS game, too? Unless they're in the Wii U version only due to hardware limitations, then these files could be just left over things that are unused.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Special/Master/Crazy could be different versions or modes of ToS? If ToS is even true, that is. Still though, wasn't there a Nana and Popo chant found in the data of the 3DS game, too? Unless they're in the Wii U version only due to hardware limitations, then these files could be just left over things that are unused.
Well, they aren't going to be playable in the Wii U if they aren't fixed for the 3DS version, but yeah, they're leftover files. Probably were cut very late in development. There's enough unused files that they clearly didn't go through it with a comb to remove a lot. I infact think now that the only planned character was just Ice Climbers at this point(or up to near late development). Why else can we not find a single player-related file anymore? They didn't even remove all their files either. It doesn't add up, imo. I mean, some Brawl data was ported. I can believe they cut Ivysaur and Squirtle very early after PT was impossible. Wolf and Lucas became unneeded to Sakurai, so he threw their B moves onto other guys. Maybe he came up with the idea of Custom moves after he saw that B moves didn't make for good clones differences anymore? And 3 with nearly identical B moves was ludicrous. Dr. Mario was added late, so he doesn't count. Snake is either executive meddling or Sakurai wanted to be asked to bring him back specifically. Keep in mind Kojima's son wanted to play him in Smash. He got that. So his son doesn't need to ask again. So Kojima doesn't need to ask. It could literally be a case of "nobody asked" on both ends or thought to. Silly, but possible.

He did say he tried to bring over some Melee data, but had to make all characters from scratch. So he could've worked on Mewtwo, but failed to get him done in the allotted time given to him. Maybe Gamefreak did consider him low priority. Maybe they hated how was done in Melee and consider him the least important Pokemon to return, but if Sakurai can quickly do it, no big. I'd love to get some information on why he's not in, properly. No explanation he's given is logical for this. At least we can write Ridley off as "He couldn't think of a way to make him unique". Doesn't work for cut veterans.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Well, they aren't going to be playable in the Wii U if they aren't fixed for the 3DS version, but yeah, they're leftover files. Probably were cut very late in development. There's enough unused files that they clearly didn't go through it with a comb to remove a lot. I infact think now that the only planned character was just Ice Climbers at this point(or up to near late development). Why else can we not find a single player-related file anymore? They didn't even remove all their files either. It doesn't add up, imo. I mean, some Brawl data was ported. I can believe they cut Ivysaur and Squirtle very early after PT was impossible. Wolf and Lucas became unneeded to Sakurai, so he threw their B moves onto other guys. Maybe he came up with the idea of Custom moves after he saw that B moves didn't make for good clones differences anymore? And 3 with nearly identical B moves was ludicrous. Dr. Mario was added late, so he doesn't count. Snake is either executive meddling or Sakurai wanted to be asked to bring him back specifically. Keep in mind Kojima's son wanted to play him in Smash. He got that. So his son doesn't need to ask again. So Kojima doesn't need to ask. It could literally be a case of "nobody asked" on both ends or thought to. Silly, but possible.

He did say he tried to bring over some Melee data, but had to make all characters from scratch. So he could've worked on Mewtwo, but failed to get him done in the allotted time given to him. Maybe Gamefreak did consider him low priority. Maybe they hated how was done in Melee and consider him the least important Pokemon to return, but if Sakurai can quickly do it, no big. I'd love to get some information on why he's not in, properly. No explanation he's given is logical for this. At least we can write Ridley off as "He couldn't think of a way to make him unique". Doesn't work for cut veterans.
I can't believe that he wouldn't have a way of making Ridley unique. If he can give Little Mac uniqueness when all he does is punch, he can definitely think of things for Ridley.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think with all these announcer modes coming forward, it's looking less and less likely that TOS is a thing.

Unless there are tons of scrapped modes (which I find rather unlikely), then we're getting a good look at some of the Wii U exclusive modes here, and TOS isn't among them.

On the plus side, the Dixie/Mewtwo/Ridley/Chorus Kids thing that this guy was talking about could still potentially be true:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

I can't believe that he wouldn't have a way of making Ridley unique. If he can give Little Mac uniqueness when all he does is punch, he can definitely think of things for Ridley.
That's a bit of a poor example. As Boxing is a legitimate and unique fighting style. But the guy made Robin unique (more unique than Marth or Ike have ever been), so Ridley could pretty easily be made unique.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It took him a long time to figure out a way to make Villager stand out. Or Luigi different from Mario heavily. He can, but we don't know if he has any ideas. Being a more aerial fighter when Smash 4 is clearly ground-based doesn't help. He'd make more sense in Brawl, which is air-based. To be fair, till after Brawl was done, he never once considered making him playable, so him having no ideas isn't that farfetched.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
It astounds me that not a single PotD this week helped to prove or disprove the leak at all.
Plot-twist. Sakurai knows of the leak and is holding off revealing any new stages on the WiiU for as long as he can, for fear of inadvertently confirming the leak. :troll:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Today's PotD was no help whatsoever to us. I have no idea why he isn't giving out new information when they game is almost a month away...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey look at page 49 of wii u information thread

A guy mr prince said something about a smash world mode

The bad news the video hurts the ToS rumor

The good news it helps the Ridley/Mewtwo/dixie kong/chorus men/impa part

Plus a bonus it adds 2 more issac from golden sun and wonder-red from wonderful 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom