• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
This might be one of the only leaks that i'd be disappointed if it were debunked.
The stage list is extraordinary, yet plausible, and Tower of Smash sounds epic. Topped with the fact that we'll be getting 5 new characters is just....time to change my clothes.....

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If this leak is true then I hope the five characters listed aren't the only ones. I need Wolf. Although I wonder if the leaker could see more moving models. I find it a little odd that he didn't mention the Ice climbers model since we know that was in the Wii U. Maybe he just didn't see them or didn't think to mention them because of why they were cut. I think that maybe there could be more characters than just these five. Maybe Wolf and Lucas. Other wise Starfox would feel unbalanced in terms of reps. This could all be an elaborate hoax,but its got a chance of being true. The hard part is just waiting for new evidence to come out, either from leakers or Sakurai. Stay strong and happy smashing.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I think it is going to be the same vein as custom moves. Ridley in the air will shoot projectiles all the same, but how he slices at people with his tail might change.
It could make sense in a way. Or maybe he will just only be able to use is aerials when he's hovering... but, that would be kinda stupid... I'm sure in some context we could make it work, but right now it's just a matter of speculating.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Hope this doesn't bum you all out, but Endless Ocean is on the stage list.

FFFFAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEE

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hope this doesn't bum you all out, but Endless Ocean is on the stage list.

FFFFAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEE
Did you ever hear of how Nintendo was praised for the realistic water in Wave Race Blue Storm on the GameCube? Imagine how awesome a stage like endless ocean would look in HD. Just cause you don't like endless ocean or think the idea of the stage is too unrealistic doesn't mean an endless ocean stage deconfirms this leak. I mean what if an Eternal Darkness or Advance Wars stage was listed.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Did you ever hear of how Nintendo was praised for the realistic water in Wave Race Blue Storm on the GameCube? Imagine how awesome a stage like endless ocean would look in HD. Just cause you don't like endless ocean or think the idea of the stage is too unrealistic doesn't mean an endless ocean stage deconfirms this leak. I mean what if an Eternal Darkness or Advance Wars stage was listed.
Do you know what Endless Ocean is? First of all, it's barely even a Nintendo game, if you'd even qualify it as a game. Secondly, it's obscure, ****ty, and just a horrible idea for a stage. Let's take this stage leak, but remove the part about the DLC characters. 99% chance you guys wouldn't even notice it.

There's not gonna be an Endless Ocean stage. Because this is Super Smash Bros, not Game Grumps VS.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
If an Eternal Darkness stage made it onto the real list, the speed of my money as I gave it to them would defy the laws of physics as we know it.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Do you know what Endless Ocean is? First of all, it's barely even a Nintendo game, if you'd even qualify it as a game. Secondly, it's obscure, ****ty, and just a horrible idea for a stage.
Yeah, that would almost be as stupid and obscure as including a Wii Fit stage! PFFFT, as if that would ever happen! :awesome:

gamer8

Smash Lord
All I'm gonna say is keep an open mind people. Remember how certain some people were that the CSS leak was fake? Yet it wasn't, and they looked foolish trying to debunk it so hard. We have nothing to go on right now, but I think that this is legitimate as the leaker pretty much would have dug his own grave right away with this stage leak if it is fake. All it takes is one stage that's NOT on that list to debunk it, or Sakurai showing off break the targets and it being brawl-like again, or showing event mode. It's a really easy leak to disprove with all of the info he's given us, so I wouldn't really jump to conclusions yet. I had a lot more to say but I always forget what I wanted to write :tired: It's really well written and detailed as well, and some of these stages are pretty out there. I really do believe it's legitimate, and that's not just me being optimistic or anything because it sounds good. I guess we'll see in the next 2 months.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
All I'm gonna say is keep an open mind people. Remember how certain some people were that the CSS leak was fake? Yet it wasn't, and they looked foolish trying to debunk it so hard. We have nothing to go on right now, but I think that this is legitimate as the leaker pretty much would have dug his own grave right away with this stage leak if it is fake. All it takes is one stage that's NOT on that list to debunk it, or Sakurai showing off break the targets and it being brawl-like again, or showing event mode. It's a really easy leak to disprove with all of the info he's given us, so I wouldn't really jump to conclusions yet. I had a lot more to say but I always forget what I wanted to write :tired: It's really well written and detailed as well, and some of these stages are pretty out there. I really do believe it's legitimate, and that's not just me being optimistic or anything because it sounds good. I guess we'll see in the next 2 months.

The reason im being a skeptical is that it just seems too good. I want this to be true badly, but i don't want to be severly disappointed if this ends up being false

gamer8

Smash Lord
The reason im being a skeptical is that it just seems too good. I want this to be true badly, but i don't want to be severly disappointed if this ends up being false
I know what you mean, but I feel like something of this magnitude would really be something that really makes Wii U's fly off the shelf, and that's probably why Sakurai kept certain characters for Wii U-3DS connectivity like this. I think if this one is fake I'll definitely be disappointed but I was a lot more disappointed when the final roster was confirmed because I was a big Mewtwo supporter so I think it'll be easier this time around if it does go that way.

Last edited:

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
My opinion is that this is another "too good to be true" moment.

Characters don't sound very plausible. Besides perhaps Dixie.

Ridley especially kills it in my mind. and no...i'm not a hater. Everything just points to what we were told. He's a boss.

Also seems way too specific. Most real leaks are vague for a reason. It's harder to get caught.

If something happens that supports it, I may change my tune. For now though, i'm disregarding it as fake.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
I believe there are dlc characters because of the empty slots. But these slots seem to be only 4, not 5...

moreover, the stage list: 60, with 40 new stages and 20 old, seems too "regular"... and the couple "Pilot Wings-
Endless Ocean" seems a too easy mental association. It doesn't mean that can't be true, but to elaborate a fake thinking very regular things is easier than thinking "asimmetrically"

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I love the stage list but Endless Ocean really just throws me off.

Here is the a link review of Endless Ocean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4XZbzTB6No

Truth be told I never heard of it. lol
We have WFT as a playable character. Lets not let personal opinions make judgment calls. Sakurai is a crazy man, this is all feasible.

My opinion is that this is another "too good to be true" moment.

Characters don't sound very plausible. Besides perhaps Dixie.

Ridley especially kills it in my mind. and no...i'm not a hater. Everything just points to what we were told. He's a boss.

Also seems way too specific. Most real leaks are vague for a reason. It's harder to get caught.

If something happens that supports it, I may change my tune. For now though, i'm disregarding it as fake.
Again, lets not let personal perspectives judge the legitimacy. Its a good idea to have low expectations, but lets not call this fake until we have objective, concrete evidence against it.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that would almost be as stupid and obscure as including a Wii Fit stage! PFFFT, as if that would ever happen! :awesome:
No it wouldn't be obscure like a Wii Fit stage. Nintendo developed Wii Fit, Nintendo only published Endless Ocean.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
No it wouldn't be obscure like a Wii Fit stage. Nintendo developed Wii Fit, Nintendo only published Endless Ocean.
You said Endless Ocean barely qualifies as a game.. much like Wii Fit. If Wii Fit isn't an obscure and completely unfitting choice for a stage, much less a character, I don't know what the heck is..

Regardless, I'm just saying it's not outside the realm of possibility given how incredibly insane Sakurai tends to be with his decisions, even if he has to reach for a game they didn't develop. I'm still going to remain skeptical of the leak though.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I like the idea for Tower of Smash, but I just don't see all the characters being unlocked from the get go.

Also, there's only four spots left if you want to fill out the whole roster.

Last edited:

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
So the pic of the day showed off picto chat 2, don't see that anywhere in the "stage list". It's too bad though, if this leak were true it would have been awesome.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
So the pic of the day showed off picto chat 2, don't see that anywhere in the "stage list". It's too bad though, if this leak were true it would have been awesome.
The leak's stage list is for Wii U, not 3DS.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I guess all we can do is wait for a new Wii U stage reveal. If any of those stages are revealed I'm getting hyped.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I'll be pretty psyched if Bridge of Eldin returns, because that means Gigalypuff returns. It's unfortunate that they changed ROB's final smash though D:

Regardless, this leak will be pretty easy to debunk or confirm once we get more info on stages. I'm hopeful.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'll be pretty psyched if Bridge of Eldin returns, because that means Gigalypuff returns. It's unfortunate that they changed ROB's final smash though D:

Regardless, this leak will be pretty easy to debunk or confirm once we get more info on stages. I'm hopeful.
I'd say the debunk/confirm really depends on the stage. Debunking for sure if a stage is announced that's not on the list, but I doubt that if there was an additional stage on this list to be confirmed, unless it's an obscure one like Endless Ocean, that the leak would be considered 100% genuine. Several of them are stages that would make a lot of sense to be in the game.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856

I wonder how long it will be though. Sakurai/Nintendo seem to be pretty aware of leaks. I wonder if they will hold off showing us content the would confirm the leak.

It did feel like we were being punished with menus for a while XD

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Do you know what Endless Ocean is? First of all, it's barely even a Nintendo game, if you'd even qualify it as a game. Secondly, it's obscure, ****ty, and just a horrible idea for a stage. Let's take this stage leak, but remove the part about the DLC characters. 99% chance you guys wouldn't even notice it.

There's not gonna be an Endless Ocean stage. Because this is Super Smash Bros, not Game Grumps VS.
One could argue an odd-ball pick like Endless Ocean builds credibility for the leak. You KNOW Sakurai would be looking for strange stages that would simply baffle us until we see them. You know this stage above all others would most likely be feasible on the Wii U vs 3DS (processing power necessary to make this stage legit).

If this leak is a fake, the faker is at least smart with it.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
From what I've seen, everything that makes this leak credible also casts doubt. We're so quick to doubt it because it's a text leak from 4chan, but wasn't that how Melee's and Brawl's rosters were leaked, again as text. Even the 3DS CSS leak was originally the Nanka/Vanrose text leak until someone put up the pics. Also, people try to say that the detail hurts the leaks, since it could be the guy making things up, but then again detail may mean he knows what he's talking about - if he was faking, why would he put in weird details that make it easier to debunk?

I still don't know what to think about it. I really want it to be true, but there are a few things I think are weird about it. First, the wingless Ridley thing - wat. Second, if they were going to do cross-console connectivity unlocks, why 5? It would make more sense to only have one or maybe two, since the whole point of the 'both rosters are the same' is that people wouldn't have to buy both versions to get the characters they want. So we get 5 extra characters? I guess if it was something like 'the two versions have two exclusives each which you can transfer if you have both versions, but will be available for DLC after some time,' I'd but it more.
I have a feeling that the next stage revealed will not prove/disprove anything. If they hype us up by showing :delfino: returning, that's going to do nothing to help the leak. Yeah, they implicate it, but with :4bowserjr: being a character now (and the FS he gets), we're obviously getting that stage back. Now if they pull some obscure stage out like Endless Ocean, then it helps, but assuming the leak is true, that stage is unlockable, so we're not getting that.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That sounds absolutely unprecedented and has never happened before in a Smash game

Oh wait

electroplankton.png

indieszero is an independent company, not Nintendo's. They do develop games pretty much exclusively for Nintendo consoles but they are not a Nintendo-owned company. However, they are one of Nintendo's partners. So I guess in the end they equate to how Platinum Games & Arika, who made Endless Ocean, is like.

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how long it will be though. Sakurai/Nintendo seem to be pretty aware of leaks. I wonder if they will hold off showing us content the would confirm the leak.

It did feel like we were being punished with menus for a while XD
True. I'm kinda hoping it's not confirmed until the Wii U version is released, just so I could completely flip out if/when Ridley's revealed properly.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
That sounds absolutely unprecedented and has never happened before in a Smash game

Oh wait

View attachment 26005

indieszero is an independent company, not Nintendo's. They do develop games pretty much exclusively for Nintendo consoles but they are not a Nintendo-owned company. However, they are one of Nintendo's partners. So I guess in the end they equate to how Platinum Games & Arika, who made Endless Ocean, is like.
Nice find!

quite frankly endless ocean has sakurai written all over it. at least the idea to put a stage based on it in smash. I mean of all games why that obscure one? because well, this is sakurai, you never really know what to expect

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Nice find!

quite frankly endless ocean has sakurai written all over it. at least the idea to put a stage based on it in smash. I mean of all games why that obscure one? because well, this is sakurai, you never really know what to expect
I agree. I had said previously that Endless Ocean would make me believe the leak but the more I think about it the more I could see it being in the game regardless of if the leak is real or not.

I'm actually kind of surprised so many people hadn't heard of the game. I remember it being at least kind of a thing when it came out.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
If it is true that you have to unlock all characters by linking the 2 versions, I will be very disappointed, because I only have a Wii U and I don't have a 3ds.... (Yea, I'm one of those people :p)

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
If it is true that you have to unlock all characters by linking the 2 versions, I will be very disappointed, because I only have a Wii U and I don't have a 3ds.... (Yea, I'm one of those people :p)
Just get someone else to link with you.

I'm still very skeptical of this leak, though.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I'll be linking my Wii U with my sister's 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom