• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourneys in LA?

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Hello Cali (Best state in the US woot!)

I used to play Melee competitively in Los Angeles but it seems that no more tournaments are being held. I feel that LA is underrepresented in CA for the tourny scene and needs a kick in the pants to come alive a little more. I'm thinking about holding (weekly) tournaments only if anybody is willing to come. Anyone near the LAX? Or willing to drive near LAX?

(Brawl tournaments can be arranged as well)

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
If I do the tournaments now, they would have to be in my house. But I'm making arrangements with several Gamestops to see if they would allow me to host them in the future.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
but there are really(i mean really) close cites near by to play at. ex los feliz noho south gate etc. you can even get there by public transportation. anyway im down to play and one go by lax too. if anyone ever wants to play MELEE in los angeles just get at me.(or near by)

joeplicate

Smash Master
I was gonna make fun of this post, but then I saw that you were talking about hosting tournaments.

I definitely support more tournaments in socal

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I will go for sure if you host a tourney. I support any tournaments around So-Cal. Just in case, you should participate modern tourneys in order to confirm how to arrange your own tourney in the future.

AssaultFalcon

Smash Cadet
A tournament would be Great in Los Angeles, I know a bunch of ppl who would be willing to go, We should start a group of L.A smashers who just meet up every now and then and brawl. We gotta represent the L.A brawl scene. I stay in Inglewood, which is about 10 minutes from LAX. So if you're really serious about this MiniTroika let me know

Top Bottom