• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator Tech Of The Week: Perfect Parry

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Never thought I'd be confused to what you are writing but I indeed am confused. I don't need a copy paste of the meanings subordinating and coordinating conjunction. One thing is certain and that's English has more than one way to be explained. I'm still sticking by my answer (which is more obvious than you coping and pasting rules about certain conjunctions.
You claim not to need the definitions.

You also claim not to understand what I posted.

These two claims appear to be self-contradictory.

My writing is made for everybody (only some that understand Metaphors very well). You seem to act dumb towards not understanding my sentences (when clearly my sentences are okay to understand. Thanks.
No, your writing is not meant for everybody. A properly constructed sentence can be understood by anyone. The mess you wrote can only be understood by someone who comprehends your improper grammatical style. Which is clearly not everyone, or I would never have had cause to post here.

Speaking of which: You still have yet to clarify the intent of that first paragraph.

Edit: why double post the same comment that you wrote twice in a row?
I did not double post the same comment, the quote was lifted directly from a style manual. A manual which you can find in a matter of seconds using the wonderful tools of the internet! I merely wished to provide evidence to back up my assertions, since I certainly did not expect you to take my word for it.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You claim not to need the definitions.

You also claim not to understand what I posted.

These two claims appear to be self-contradictory.

No, your writing is not meant for everybody. A properly constructed sentence can be understood by anyone. The mess you wrote can only be understood by someone who comprehends your improper grammatical style. Which is clearly not everyone, or I would never have had cause to post here.

Speaking of which: You still have yet to clarify the intent of that first paragraph.

I did not double post the same comment, the quote was lifted directly from a style manual. A manual which you can find in a matter of seconds using the wonderful tools of the internet! I merely wished to provide evidence to back up my assertions, since I certainly did not expect you to take my word for it.
Alright let me finish this situation in one fair swoop.

My writing is based off of metaphors (like the Fly swatter reference).

"Speaking of which: You still have yet to clarify the intent of that first paragraph."

Which one? The first paragraph as in the actual first comment I made to this thread, or?

I believe you mean the Fly Swatter reference, right?

Certain users who bash Brawl = the flies

My counter argument sentence ("Brawl has all these "techs" and many more) = the Fly swatter.

So basically the Fly swatter has an engraved sentence written on the Fly swatter which is ("Brawl has all these "techs" and many more). So that certain Fly swatter is swatting down the flies which are those annoying players/users who claim Brawl is bad and Smash-4 is better. Do you understand?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Alright let me finish this situation in one fair swoop.

My writing is based off of metaphors (like the Fly swatter reference).

"Speaking of which: You still have yet to clarify the intent of that first paragraph."

Which one? The first paragraph as in the actual first comment I made to this thread, or?
I actually meant the first paragraph of the first post I quoted. More specifically, the first sentence of it. I apologize for the confusion, it was most assuredly my fault, and I thank you for your clarification.

If you don't mind continuing to explain, could you break down this sentence in a similar fashion?

"Players bash Brawl all the time (especially Smash-4 players) who shouldn't even be taken seriously towards how the game is even designed, is that better?"

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I actually meant the first paragraph of the first post I quoted. More specifically, the first sentence of it. I apologize for the confusion, it was most assuredly my fault, and I thank you for your clarification.

If you don't mind continuing to explain, could you break down this sentence in a similar fashion?

"Players bash Brawl all the time (especially Smash-4 players) who shouldn't even be taken seriously towards how the game is even designed, is that better?"
Yes, "players" is basically all users in general then I explain that almost all the users are Smash-4 players/users who shouldn't mention not a single entity (existence) about Brawl. This has to do with the fact that there isn't even a legitimate technique in Smash-4 that should even be called or mentioned as a technique at all. Matter of fact "renamed" if anything that could make this video any more futile. So why bash Brawl when Smash-4 doesn't even have techniques but tactics instead to begin, with?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yes, "players" is basically all users in general then I explain that almost all the users are Smash-4 players/users who shouldn't mention not a single entity (existence) about Brawl. This has to do with the fact that there isn't even a legitimate technique in Smash-4 that should even be called or mentioned as a technique at all. Matter of fact "renamed" if anything could make that video any more futile. So why bash Brawl when Smash-4 doesn't even have techniques but tactics instead.
Okay, this is an interesting point.

Would you care to elucidate the primary difference between a tactic and a technique for me? Sorry, I'm not that much of a competitive player.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Okay, this is an interesting point.

Would you care to elucidate the primary difference between a tactic and a technique for me? Sorry, I'm not that much of a competitive player.
Certainly tactics are the actions or methods employed to reach a goal. (In other words a strategy). While a technique is the style or form in-which a person uses to implement those actions or methods. (In other words some sort of style). I'm sure this will confuse you, hopefully not?

The videos explains a Out Of Shield tactic not technique. A technique isn't a strategy but a style of some sort (if that makes any sense). For example Glide tossing is indeed a technique because it involves no strategy Glide tossing is just there (if that makes sense)? Thanks.

Edit: Actually never-mind technique is some sort of technicality (difficulty to pull off).

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Certainly tactics are the actions or methods employed to reach a goal. (In other words a strategy). While a technique is the style or form in-which a person uses to implement those actions or methods. (In other words some sort of style). I'm sure this will confuse you, hopefully not?

The videos explains a Out Of Shield tactic not technique. A technique isn't a strategy but a style of some sort (if that makes any sense). For example Glide tossing is indeed a technique because it involves no strategy Glide tossing is just there (if that makes sense)? Thanks.
So a technique is a quirk of mechanics that exist in the systems (and requires special skill or knowledge to perform) while a tactic is just a combination of the basic functions of the game in specific ways?

For example, canceling out of a projectile into a jump would be a tech? While allowing the projectile animation to finish, then jumping, would be a tactic?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
So a technique is a quirk of mechanics that exist in the systems (and requires special skill or knowledge to perform) while a tactic is just a combination of the basic functions of the game in specific ways?

For example, canceling out of a projectile into a jump would be a tech? While allowing the projectile animation to finish, then jumping, would be a tactic?
Yes. Any sort of technicality that requires some sort of special function. Reads dumb towards the situation, but yes that is how many (including myself view if it's a technique or not). Thanks.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't think people are taking away what they are suppose to from this video. Its not just about power shielding, it's about the ability to buffer an OOS that won't come out if you don't end up shielding something, which is great so it doesn't needlessly put you in a bad situation. Its a great, powerful, and extremely simple to implement tech.
This.

I for one did not know about this option select and am very thankful for this video.

I'll admit I have known most of the stuff in the tech of the week series so far, but the occasional piece I don't know, such as these perfect shield option selects, are very useful knowledge, so thank you @kirbykid for these videos.
On top of that these will make a good introduction to Smash techniques for people trying to get into the competitive scene.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
man are you nerds still fighting

this video is dumb cant we all just let it be
Some of us don't actually think it's dumb.

Some of us can actually take something for face value without complaining about which games had which tech.

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
wow
maybe next they're going to teach us about another cool, new tech, like fast falling aerials

oh wait

Top Bottom