• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator Presents: Texas Project M Arcadian! $50 bonus for OOC entrants! April 12th

What Side Event should we have after singles ends?

• Total voters

Oracle

Smash Master
The 1st Texas Arcadian for Project: M!
Presented by Tourney Locator
April 12th, 2014

Facebook Event

TourneyLocator Event

What is an Arcadian?

The Arcadian is a way for lesser known players to get a bigger chance to shine. The top 10 players on our power ranking will not be allowed to enter into the singles bracket. This means that Sethlon, Oracle, McBad, Denti, Infinity, Dakpo, Aerolink, AustinRC, Bwett, and Lunchables will not be able to take your money!

This tournament will also be added to the Power Ranking, giving you more chances to increase your score!If you're not satisfied with your current PR rank and are below top 10, this is your chance to redeem yourself and correct it. If you're the hot stuff, it will be YOU that will be playing lots of matches throughout the day, grinding against your peers for more points.

In addition, since I am confident that DFW is unstoppable in this game, even outside of our top 10, if there are at least 40 confirmed entrants on the Tourney Locator event, then I will award $50 to any player from outside DFW that makes top 3.

Play the Pros

Even though the singles tournament cannot be entered by ranked players, some of the top players will still be in the venue. Each of them will have $10, and you can challenge them to a best 2/3 singles set by wagering $1. If you lose, your dollar will be added to their pot, and if you win, you get all of the pro's money, and they go back down to $10. You can challenge each pro a maximum of THREE times throughout the day. The first two pros to challenge on this list is yours truly, Oracle, and CT|TLoc Denti!. (Note: this challenge is also only open to unranked players. Sorry, Sethlon)

Side Event

Tenatively, we have planned draft crews, where 1st and 2nd placers in the tournament will pick from the players there to form an 8 man crew. We can also do Waseda Doubles, which is random partner doubles, or a singles tournament where you can't play your main, or just turbo mode. Be sure to vote in the poll to find out!

Location: EPIK CARDS & GAMES 1735 N. Story Road Suite#116, Irving, TX 75061.

Fees:

Venue: $10 ($5 if you bring a full setup, which means crt TV+wii)

Singles: $10

Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)

Schedule

10:30- Doors Open

11:00- Registration Starts, Play the Pros Begins

12:00- Signups for Doubles end, Doubles bracket starts

1:30- Signups for Singles end, Singles bracket starts

4:00- Lunch break

10:00- Draft Crews (If Tournament is Over)

Rules: Applies to Both PM and Melee
All matches will be played 2/3, except for top 5 (Winners semis and onwards, losers quarters and onwards)
8 Minute Timer, 4 Stock games
1. First round will be played on a neutral stage, struck in an alternating fashion (1-1-1-1)
PM Neutral stages- Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville
2. After the first match, winning player/team select stages to ban from all legal stages. Three stage bans in PM, two stage bans in Melee.
3. Losing team/player then picks stage
4. Winner picks character
5. Loser picks character.
Counterpicks for PM:
Fountain of Dreams
Warioware
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Castlevania
Yoshis Story Melee (Singles Only)
Skyloft (Doubles Only)

Mr. Wizard's Stupid Rule- no stage may be played on more than once per set, unless agreed upon by both players

Ruleset is not set in stone yet, but will not likely be changed much.

Payouts:

If 40 or more entrants:

1st: 55%

2nd: 25%

3rd: 10%

4th: 5%

5th: 2.5% ea

If fewer than 40 entrants

1st: 55%

2nd: 30%

3rd: 10%

4th: 5%

Stream: This event will be streamed and recorded by tourneylocator!

If you have any questions message me on facebook, my name is Rob Dickson. Alternatively, you can text me at 214-914-2134.

Last edited:

SouthernGent

Smash Cadet
Damn it I was going to try and cut back on travelling so much but this looks way too fun, I will see if I can get off work so that I can go. Will try and bring as many Houston people as I can though I am currently unsure if Strawhat will make it due to his new work schedule but hopefully he can make it.

D

Deleted member

If we do draft crews, Top players are obviously allowed in right? Or will it be crews between the unranked players
Also everyone please challenge me I like money! Rolling in the dough $$$$

Last edited by a moderator:

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I'll try to make it to this as hard as I can.

Sounds like a great place to increase the skill pool.

Last edited:

GiftedRoboHobo

Smash Rookie
If I can find money by that weekend then this sounds awesome and I will definitely be coming. Hopefully my D3 can make some waves.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
This sounds SOOOOO amazing! I love this idea. This works perfect for me since I'm doing a recording for my band that day. Ill just come after i'm done and take part in any of the Play The Pros stuff. Crew Battle sounds fun too. uhggg so much hype

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I'm either going to get last at this
or top 3

Choices, choices
Should lose because I'm probably the biggest threat there besides you

But I don't get out of robotics til 2, so I can't be there til 3. Can I join and postpone my matches til then?

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
My ride is pending at the moment, but I will try my hardest to go. Constant friendlies, and the possible battle between the two Zachs? I wanna go so bad...

D

Deleted member

See that challenge where you can battle the top 10 on the pr?
COME AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to see all the people who are so hyped cause they think they'll finally get top 3 and ****
only to see nearly none of them actually do it MUAHAHA

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
OK Confirmed. besure to check out the top DFW players, M2K, and StrongBad as well as OK on the Tourney Locator stream as well as the Stock Cancel Gaming stream this weekend @ the OKI!

Oracle

Smash Master
so it looks like we're gonna be doing draft crews, based on the massive lead it has in the poll. should we do pros allowed or pros banned?

D

Deleted member

Maybe if we have the time
Pros vs. Pros
Non top 10 in the PR vs. non top 10 in the PR.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i think it depends on the turn out of the "pros". they should all be allowed to play. unless people vote against it.

210stuna

Smash Lord
How will Play the Pros work?

Will anyone wanting to play them go to a certain someone to have their tag written down in order to play the pro next?

I can only imagine the chaos a hoard of players rushing a pro after each set would be like, or what a bummer it would be to have players wait in line to play the pro causing long lines and less friendlies time.

Last edited:

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Can we play the pros more if we don't play for money? Like if we spend our 3$ and lose all 3 sets against the pros, can we still play them if it isn't for the money, if nobody else is challenging them?

D

Deleted member

You're basically asking
"Can I play friendlies?"
The answer is NO :smash:

Oracle

Smash Master
How will Play the Pros work?

Will anyone wanting to play them go to a certain someone to have their tag written down in order to play the pro next?

I can only imagine the chaos a hoard of players rushing a pro after each set would be like, or what a bummer it would be to have players wait in line to play the pro causing long lines and less friendlies time.
You can ask the to, tell them who you want to play, and itll put you down in a que. We'll just call your name when its your turn

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
You can ask the to, tell them who you want to play, and itll put you down in a que. We'll just call your name when its your turn
This is cool stuff, First time I'll be attending a local smash tourney here and well I'm down to play some pros and anyone to get to know people around the area that plays smash/ PM/ brawl :) Also hi to all!

Oracle

Smash Master
Just a reminder: If you guys want the $50 ooc bonus to apply to top 3 placers, we need to get 40 confirmed entrants on the Tourney Locator event! If you already have an account, just go to the tourney locator event and click compete! If you don't have an account, then click the "Sign Up" button on the upper right hand corner of www.tourneylocator.com, register, and then click compete on the event page! Its very simple, only takes a few seconds, and will let you compete and follow other events on tourney locator!

Event Page: http://www.tourneylocator.com/Tourney/10279

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Just a reminder: If you guys want the $50 ooc bonus to apply to top 3 placers, we need to get 40 confirmed entrants on the Tourney Locator event! If you already have an account, just go to the tourney locator event and click compete! If you don't have an account, then click the "Sign Up" button on the upper right hand corner of www.tourneylocator.com, register, and then click compete on the event page! Its very simple, only takes a few seconds, and will let you compete and follow other events on tourney locator!

Event Page: http://www.tourneylocator.com/Tourney/10279
Oracle, just wanna clarify if G-Rabbit told you that I'll need housing.

Top Bottom