• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournaments, 12CB, Frame Display, Rankings, and much much more

Shears

Smash Master

In an attempt to consolidate all the tools and knowledge used in the community, SuperSmashBros64.com has finally taken that next step. The site currently features several different tools designed for SSB to help grow and connect the players, the knowledge, and the love for the game. These features include:

Rankings Rankings.SuperSmashBros64.com : An online rankings site that can be used to record the results and videos of any match ever played with the option of submitting them as ranked, and a match lobby where you can find other online players to chat or set up matches with.

Tournaments AdvancedBrackets.com : The future of tournaments is here! This is an online tournament software app that allows you to manage your tournaments. The tournament app allows TOs to enter the phone numbers or emails of the entrants and the number of setups being used so the app can automatically text/email players telling them who they are scheduled to play and which setup to play on. All tournaments can be submitted to smashboards using the TIO/XML export feature. The app is also mobile friendly, so you can manage and TO your tournament right from your phone! A dedicated mobile app for android and iphone will be available in app stores soon, for now try out the mobile version of the site on your phone. *Since privacy and security are our biggest concern, all contact information is destroyed from the site.

Frame Display FrameDisplay.SuperSmashBros64.com : The all new frame display! This is the complete frame display featuring every hitbox animation for every character and every move. The interface is easy to use as its designed to look and feel like the 1P character select screen. All hitboxes can be frame advanced or played at different FPS with either the hitbox animation or the overlay animation which shows both the hitbox and the character graphic as well.

12 Character Battle 12CB.SuperSmashBros64.com : An updated version of the original 12 character battle, this site can now be easily accessible from the SuperSmashBros64.com homepage. Updates include a new stock counter graphic as well as the original character select images and other small cosmetic changes.

Player Location World Map https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207052029912080345759.0004d83725abc4a6e1e21&msa=0&dg=feature : A link to the very useful map that allows you to find players from all over the world.

There is a lot more to come and the goal is to bring anything and everything you could need for smash to your fingertips in an easy to use and innovative app. A video tour is currently being made to help give you an easy to use tutorial on the site and all its awesome features. Questions, comments, suggestions? Do not hesitate to let us know. If you have or know of anything you would like added to the site, let us know and we can add it.

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I can't tell if this is a glitch or just a cool loading screen, but every time I load a tournament page, a random hitbox gif comes up. Also, for this tournament http://tournaments.supersmashbros64.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=70 The Z won it but when you click on entrants he doesn't show up on the list and it puts revan as #1

EDIT: When you put down an entrant's skill level for a tournament, is it used like seeding or like "general" skill level like in TIO? Or can it be used as both?

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I will look into the results display, the hitbox gif is on purpose. The loading screen is any random hitbox gif because it's more fun than any other loading screen in the world.

Results were fixed for that tournament. Those were created before single elimination support so I just needed to clear out grand finals and it fixed it.

It can be used for both @ Fireblaster Fireblaster

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Updates to tournaments.supersmashbros64.com:

-Bracket column headers added. I.e. winners finals, losers finals, grand finals
-Carrier information removed. Just enter the phone number and the app will figure everything else out.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Could you add jumps to the frame display? Stick etc...
That would probably be a job for whoever worked on that project. However, it does not sound as useful as you'd think since not much useful info can be obtained from watching characters jump in the middle of an open space. Wouldn't a jump height table be more useful?

Updates to tournaments.supersmashbros64.com:

-Bracket column headers added. I.e. winners finals, losers finals, grand finals
-Carrier information removed. Just enter the phone number and the app will figure everything else out.
Holy **** good job on this tournament app. I gotta start convincing people to use this even if it's not for ssb64.

MCG

Smash Apprentice
Could you add jumps to the frame display? Stick etc...
I will respond to this since I'm the initial creator of the frame display.

The main goal was to have a visual tool to play with hitbox and hurtbox states. As of right now, I have added the jumps out of shield, so you can directly see the jump animations and hurtbox states. Jump heights are determined mathematically and I opted not to have them visually represented. Just like Fireblaster has said, a jump height table would fit the job more than animations.

Any critics/suggestions to the web app on frame display are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Madao

MCG, are you willing to try figuring out how the game cameras work? Not only would we be able to potentially get a better view, but also the total filesize will be even smaller if the camera doesn't move.

It's just an idea though. It also depends on how much work @ S Studstill decides to put in. Because he claims he's willing to redo all the characters, but idk about that anymore.

Shears

Smash Master
The frame display was done by mcg. I just created the front end overlay that takes his work and makes it a little more user friendly with the familiar 1P character select screen. I'm certain more could be added to it and any help/suggestions/comments from mcg or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

@ Fireblaster Fireblaster tell everyone to use it, its not designed explicitly for smash but for all tournaments anywhere. You want to run a beer pong tournament, run it there. Other than the URL and the suggested games from the drop down menu, nothing else mentions smash. Although I expect smash to be a primary user of the app, it can function for any type of tournament. Also, email or phone numbers are optional. You do not have to provide one for an entrant, if someone opts out or its a small tournament and doesn't need that functionality, you can just ignore it and run it normally like you would challonge or tiopro. Hopefully I'll have it as a downloadable mobile app from the app store this weekend, but as of now it will work on mobile browsers from your phone as it is mobile friendly.

Shears

Smash Master
Tournament chat added.

When viewing a tournament you can chat with other people also viewing that tournament. You can discuss matches, results, whatever.

Shears

Smash Master
Thats why the chat was added. For console tournaments there will most likely be the twitch stream chat, but for online the chat will be good for organizing next matches and keeping everybody together for its duration.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Thats why the chat was added. For console tournaments there will most likely be the twitch stream chat, but for online the chat will be good for organizing next matches and keeping everybody together for its duration.
u should consider hosting an online tourney that features using your ap as a requirement. that would be a way to sort of familiarize people with your ap and hopefully it would catch on. especially if they tourney actually got done in a reasonable time frame

Shears

Smash Master
Studstill did that with his online one earlier. Its also good because you can have people provide email or phone numbers and it will tell them who to play so they can schedule times and days to do so.

Shears

Smash Master
Stream upload has been added.

When running a tournament, you can now upload your twitch stream to the tournament and the app will embed the stream into it. To view the stream you can click the stream tab. From this tab the TO can also upload the stream. Now you can see the bracket, the stream, the entrants, and chat all from one window.

It also embeds the twitch chat as well and you can switch between the native bracket chat and the twitch chat.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Very good glitch catch. I will look into it. It has something to do with loading the current position in the brackets chat.

@ Fireblaster Fireblaster the glitch has been fixed. I dare you to find another. (your testing has actually been very useful and I appreciate it very much)

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i think i will be at a smashfest tonight but i will try to enter one of these.

Also it wouldnt really be a "requirement" to use the site since the player would be volunteering to enter the tourney with using the site in mind. so anyone not wanting to use it could simply not enter. I just think it would be a cool way to sort of introduce the app's functionality to a bunch of players

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
i think i will be at a smashfest tonight but i will try to enter one of these.

Also it wouldnt really be a "requirement" to use the site since the player would be volunteering to enter the tourney with using the site in mind. so anyone not wanting to use it could simply not enter. I just think it would be a cool way to sort of introduce the app's functionality to a bunch of players
I'm confused on what you mean. What are you referring to as a requirement, or "requirement"? If it is contact information, it is not a requirement at all. Someone can be entered into the tournament without providing contact information and the tournament will run completely fine, it won't screw up anything and they are treated like an entrant in a challonge bracket. If they do provide contact information, then they will receive notifications, but there is no requirement to do so. Players are also not required to create accounts to be entered into a tournament. Anybody can be entered into a tournament. Just like challonge, you don't need every entrant in a challonge tournament to have a challonge account, you don't need everyone in an advancedbrackets.com tournament to have an advancedbrackets/supersmashbros64 account. The only person that needs an account to create and run the tournament is the person creating and running the tournament, exactly like challonge.

Requirements:
-If you want to create and run tournaments you must have an account. This is to prevent bots and spammers.

If you want to view or be a part of a tournament or watch the tournament stream, or anything, you do not need an account. You can do whatever the hell you want for free, this is America.

Top Bottom