• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Training - Rate my Peach please

t0m0

Smash Apprentice
FLOAT CANCEL!!! Seriously though, thats what sepreates peach from other characters is herfloat cancel. Its easy to do, cuts all lag, and allows her to chain alot of aerials on the ground. And I also noticed that when you play you tend to do the exact same combos over and over again. (D-throw to Dsmash) Which dosnt always work, mix up your game. This allows you to be more unpredicatable, allowing you to counter your opponent.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
FLOAT CANCEL!!! Seriously though, thats what sepreates peach from other characters is herfloat cancel. Its easy to do, cuts all lag, and allows her to chain alot of aerials on the ground. And I also noticed that when you play you tend to do the exact same combos over and over again. (D-throw to Dsmash) Which dosnt always work, mix up your game. This allows you to be more unpredicatable, allowing you to counter your opponent.
Ok thanks, i know how to float cancel i was just tryin to DJC in these games, and wasn't focusing on Float cancel, and yeah i know...no johns. :laugh:

St. Viers

Smash Champion
turtles can be fast t0m0...ever try to catch one when you were small?

anywho, yeah, I've already commented on you-tube and in the vid room, so meh...
pay more attention what is happening, not just what you think will happen. ans what these people have said

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
What was good: Nairs: You've really got em down pact.

What needed help:
Downsmash: I could be wrong, but i get the feeling they are not being c-sticked. Is not, remedy that.
Sheild: I found that you were very rarely sheilding. Especially with peach, your main tacitcs are sheild grabbing and sidestep-attack.
Taking AdvantageL: Several times i saw that Link had used his toss and missed, and you just stood there are waited for him to recover. Take advantage, destroy him for his feeble mistake.
Get to the ground: I'm not sure if this is only with Marth, but when facing swordsman, they are outrange you in the air like a *****. If you are hit up by him, get your self to the ground asap. Your feet/ hands are no match for his sword in terms of range.
Rolling and Sidesteping This is probably a part of sheilding, but thats ok. I didn't see any of these two things in the whole game.

Sorry if this is long and may sound mean. You've got a lot of potential.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Heh, I was watching these earlier on the Link forum, when your friend posted them.

Anyway...FLOAT CANCEL. DJC is a very situational technique, but Floating really helps all the time. A Peach without Floating is...nothing. Learn that before you do anything else.

Next, you need to stop using Nairs so much. Nair is an amazing move, but you can't use Nair for everything. Bair is really useful against Fastfallers, Uair can be used sometimes, Fair can be a good finisher if you can predict where they're heading, due to the long time it takes for the move to get off. And Dair is invaluable for combos, just float right above your opponents head and use Dair twice and a Nair/Bair, it'll do some damage and lead to a whole bunch of other things. And if they're CCing, then just do a single Nair and Float Cancel it, then punish with a Dsmash.

Other then that...use more Turnips. Turnip setups are really helpful against ranged characters like Link and Marth, getting up close is dangerous without using a few before you rush in and attack. Make sure to try and catch your turnips after throwing them as well as long as you think it's safe, it'll save a lot of valuable time that would've otherwise been spent in pulling out another turnip.

Overall, you're a pretty good Peach. Just keep up the good work.

Top Bottom