• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Spotlight: Oh, Did I Win?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hold onto those hats because Michigan is bringing on the Smash this weekend! Oh, Did I Win? is set to take place in Mount Clemens, Michigan and will feature Smash 4, Amiibo cockfights, a Brawl side event, and special raffles and pot bonus incentives for those who attend. That's not all however! The event also has a wide range of talent in attendance including:

Ksev

Ranked number five on in the Michigan Power Rankings, his Fox is a force to be reckoned with. He's slowly been rising up the ranks in Michigan and looks to be a powerful force at this event.

Nom

The character selection might fool some but no this isn't Dabuz. With a mix of Rosalina and Luma alongside Olimar (Alph preferred) Nom goes into battle with a strong gameplan and has solid execution.

Smasher1001

This isn't Smasher really is something special out of any 1001! While lowered in the ranks recently any who underestimate this Mario main will find themselves quickly into losers or out of bracket.

Zinoto

Zinto is the player to beat going into this tournament. With Ally out and away and Raquaza (Michigan's number three player) not yet confirmed to attend, this Diddy Kong stands in the way of the gate to each entrant's victory.

With the entire state only having ten spaces on it's power rankings there is always the potential for upsets as well. Don't believe these players have skill? Check out the Oh, Did I Win? trailer below!

So where can Smash fans tune in to watch this glorious event? GooshiGaming, one of Michigan's finest streamers will be provided the stream on their Twitch channel. The tournament takes place on September 12th andSmash 4 doubles action is set to start at 12:00pm Central Time so be sure tune in and catch all of this Smashing action!

---​

Writer's Note: Wondering where The Weekend Watchlist is? I use the event section on Smashboards to write them but when it got upgrades recently the old data was lost. Asking over social media no one else gave me event information besides @ Kider Kider so this tournament got a special spotlight! Be sure to get those events in there or pop me a private message and they'll be featured when The Weekend Watchlist returns next week.

Last edited:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Lol video watermarks and that windows movie maker rainbow effect in 2015 :upsidedown:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else still say BOM OM instead of Bob om, no matter how I try i can't say it right lol

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
It was the first video I did machinima and editing, I feel proud nonetheless!
Good for you man, you gotta start somewhere. But yeah, next time around lose the watermark if you can.

Nuclearkitty

Smash Cadet
Everyone starts somewhere, but the video conveyed what it needed to convey nonetheless, I got a place, a date, and a idea of what the pot will be.
It's a good video for it's information :)
You did you job good :p

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
Amibo cockfights
Loser loses his/her amibo or fesses up 5 bucks

Matches last like a couple of minutes so in the end you can make some money

Make this happen at least underground

Last edited:

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
Wait, why is this on the front page of smashboards? Not being hateful or anything, just curious why this local is getting attention as opposed to others

Ekkie

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGreatEK
Heh, I'm like 40 minutes away, shame I can't go.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Why are there only ever tournament in the ****ing USA for ****'s sake. Someone host one in the UK or I'm going to kill myself.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Not to sound condescending, since I'm really bad at Smash anyways, but why would someone ever want to learn Fox in Smash 4 of all games? It seems like the most silly game to be a Fox main in, when you could be learning near-endless tech and stuff in Melee.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Great to see this end up getting featured? I was taken slightly aback to see something advertised in our facebook group to get on the Smashboards front page, nice.

That being said, I sadly will not be able to attend this time around unfortunately due to work being a butt. Bleh. There's always Big House thankfully, super pumped for that.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Not to sound condescending, since I'm really bad at Smash anyways, but why would someone ever want to learn Fox in Smash 4 of all games? It seems like the most silly game to be a Fox main in, when you could be learning near-endless tech and stuff in Melee.
Someone could prefer the mechanics and gameplay of Smash 4 while liking how Fox has a fun rushdown style of gameplay (one of the reasons why Captain Falcon is so popular), or even just liking Fox as a character and playing him for that reason. Not everyone likes super technical games like Melee. :p

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Is his tag "This isn't Smasher"? I've been trying to decipher this.
I think the sentence was originally going to say something like "this isn't any normal smasher" but they changed it to "This Smasher really is something special out of 1001" others but they forgot to take out the word "isn't". Even so the final sentence is still very awkwardly worded haha

Top Bottom