• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament "Nervousness"

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
So kinda recently I went to PH2 and right before my pools I got REALLY NERVOUS. I was like shaking I don't know why I was so scared since my first person was easy (I beat him 2-0). So basically I was wondering if this is normal and how to not be so nervous because it effected my playing. Thx m8

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
It's normal, especially if you were looking forward to it, and are a bit starstruck when the day comes. At my first tournament, I had jitters like you, but what I did to calm down was watched some of my favorite combo videos beforehand, went to the restroom and took deep breaths, talked to whoever wanted to before the matches and all, and kinda told myself that since it was my first time, chances are I was gonna lose, but I was gonna give it my all, sort of like a "Hope for the best but expect the worst" kinda deal.

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
It's normal, especially if you were looking forward to it, and are a bit starstruck when the day comes. At my first tournament, I had jitters like you, but what I did to calm down was watched some of my favorite combo videos beforehand, went to the restroom and took deep breaths, talked to whoever wanted to before the matches and all, and kinda told myself that since it was my first time, chances are I was gonna lose, but I was gonna give it my all, sort of like a "Hope for the best but expect the worst" kinda deal.
Lol thanks, It was weird since I went to socal regionals before and mlg after and didnt get nervous. Probably because I tried super hard at ph2!! Thanks Again!

Play the game. It's fun. Don't think about winning or losing. The more you play, the less you'll think about that

Also, walk around a lot to keep your body ready

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
Lol thanks, It was weird since I went to socal regionals before and mlg after and didnt get nervous. Probably because I tried super hard at ph2!! Thanks Again!
Oh wow.
Well I hope you do well in your next tournaments, and I hope this'll help!
You're welcome!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Don't worry about it, happens to all of us (: I still get super shaky when randomly being pitted against big names in bracket.

As in my legs were literally shaking so much they paused and asked me to stop lmao. GGGGG

Top Bottom