• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
omg KK, you read my mind. Javiseems to be intelligent and i look forward to seeing more from him.
anyways, im backing fly for top 10

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
To be clear, I was sarcastic with my post. I don't think he does anything particularly new. He's just a good Fox player that specializes in certain areas and understands combat flow.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I like how he seems to use shine as a pseudo-shield. When you have a move that is invincible on frame 1, why wouldn't you?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
But he doesn't shield when he does it. He uses it as a block.

Although maybe other Foxes do this, and I never realized it. It seemed like a novelty to me when I saw him do it, though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I considered citing tech stand shine as an example of it. And other things. But I won't. I don't want to destroy your innocence.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the most interesting thing about javi (outside of being a really good player we largely didn't see doing so well at a US-based international) is his controller grip

...so yeah.
really want to play him though

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I considered citing tech stand shine as an example of it. And other things. But I won't. I don't want to destroy your innocence.
I think it's a little too late for that. I hope you're ready to take responsibility.

Battlecow

Play to Win
1. Dr. Peepee (I'm not jumping on the bandwagon. I never got off.)

2. Mango

3. Hungrybox

4. Armada

5. Javi

5. Kirbykaze

7. Axe (third at FC and at Kings? Yeah, this guy's still got it. Bonus points if he sends armada or hbox to loser's with his YL)

7. PewpewU (Oh my lord, this kid is so good. He hasn't been losing to ANY Cali people except for shroomed and mango)

9. WOBBLES and some other people

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
He entered singles, doubles, and crews at Kings of Cali yesterday.

He finished 33rd in singles, third in doubles (with Peepee) and finished the crews against PPU (SoCal won).

Battlecow

Play to Win
Didn't he get mauled by Ken last night? I mean, I know one could say that PPU is bad at the ditto, but...

:phone:
Three stocks, yo. Means next to nothing. In singles, he pretty much ran a train through everyone except Axe (And how could he know that MU? On the real. Plus Axe is a god among men) and PP (AKA the best player in North America). Not to mention his almost-equally-impressive performances at recent locals/less stacked regionals.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
He's still deciding iirc.

And PewPewU is definitely better than Ken, but what I learned last night was that Ken is god on PS, he'll probably lose a lot more on any other stage, but let him pick Stadium and you're just ****ing done.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Tai like totally **** him game 2 of their second set on pokemon stadium though? That whole set was just filled with impressive stuff by tai, good work Tai.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I hope PewPewU has been practicing his Ganon more for when he faces me. :troll:
I know this is a joke, but I might as well say that he's gotten a lot a better against ICs since Genesis 2; he gave me my first loss to Marth to a loss since something like 09/10 yesterday; you're better against Marth than I am, though, so who knows what that means for you.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Eh, it's impossible to make a truly accurate prediction here, but I'll give it a shot.

1. Armada (Until proven otherwise, IMO you have to give him credit as the best.)
2. Mango (Despite what happened at Kings of Cali, I think he still has the strongest case for best NA player.)
3. Dr. PP (That said, the top 3 are interchangeable here, and anyone in the top 6 wouldn't be a huge shock to win the whole thing.)
4. Hungrybox (He'd rank higher if he just picked up a YL counter.)
5. M2K (I would love to see M2K place higher than this. It seems like every set he loses is 2-3, so he definitely has the ability. The question is if he has the mindset to battle through.)
6. Axe (Axe is absolutely amazing, and my personal favorite player. I think he has a chance to beat anyone, as he's taken games off of Armada, Dr. PP, and M2K.)
7. Javi (His placing last Apex was amazing, I'm curious to see if he can repeat the trick.)
8. KirbyKaze (One of the many matchups that would be fun to see is him vs Hbox or Javi.)
9. Shroomed (He's just amazingly consistent every tourney.)
10. SFAT (He's been really impressive these last few tourneys, and there's a chance he could break out and take down some big names.)

Honorable Mention:
s2j (Because you know he's going to end up facing Armada by WB2.)
PewPewU (Amazing Marth, and I really wanted to put him on the list, but I can't quite justify it... yet.)
Wobbles (Why be a top 10 player when you can be a top 1 commentator? :awesome: )

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
So, anyones opinion change a bit after watching KoC?

I'd say Shroomed has the potential to go above what most are ranking him; probably top 5. I haven't watched Axe play for a long time, and after placing third I think he could definitely place very well.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Tai like totally **** him game 2 of their second set on pokemon stadium though? That whole set was just filled with impressive stuff by tai, good work Tai.
Other way around. Ken got destroyed games 1 and 3, but game 2 on Stadium he tapped.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
Dr Book gonna send Armada to losers
Hbox gonna tap Armada's YLink in losers so hard that ylink is physically removed from the game

Top Bottom