• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Javi get upset in bracket. Cactuar and Zhu get top 10 <3 Cactuar + Jman should team and get top 3 <3
Is wobbling banned?
1.Mango
2.Armada
3.PP
4.M2k!!!!!!
5.Hbox.
5-10 something like.....Hax Fly Amanita Shroomed Plup insanecarzyguy

Varist

Smash Lord
the thing about these threads is everyone likes to make their own little lists so they can refer back to them after the tournament and be like "i was the rightiest, that was me" but no one likes to go through one billion pages reading any of these lists because thats ****in gay

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Top 2 is easy, I'm hoping Mango to win but I predict he won't.

1. Armada
2. Mango
---------------------
Top 3 is bit more difficult. Dr. Peepee is going to beat Hungrybox, and Hungrybox will most likely beat KirbyKaze. However I could potentially see KirbyKaze beating Dr. PP since he kinda knows the matchup. Dr. PP is more likely to win though.

3. Dr. Peepee
4. Hungrybox
5. KirbyKaze

--------------------------------------

I predict Mew2king is going to emo once again and drop out or something, however I hope he doesn't because he will be in surely top 10, perhaps even top 5 if he puts his emotions aside.

The rest of the list is in no particular order but I hope to see these players in top 10.

6. Javi
7. Wobbles
8. Shroomed
9. Unknown
10. Cactuar

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Depending on M2Ks mood He gets top 3 or wins it all.
If not then this

1.Mango
2.Armada
3.M2K
4.PP
5.Hbox
6.Javi
7.Hax
8. KK
9.Tuga
10. Leffen

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
the thing about these threads is everyone likes to make their own little lists so they can refer back to them after the tournament and be like "i was the rightiest, that was me" but no one likes to go through one billion pages reading any of these lists because thats ****in gay
If I'm correct, all it means is I'm good at predicting bracket layout and trends; nothing else.

Be lame like everyone else and voice your thoughts, instead of being a cool loner that talks down to every single person in the thread.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If Tuga goes, I think that he has a strong chance to get top-10.

I think the t-4 are going to be this in order, but I would love to see HBox win this tbh:
Armada
Mango
Dr. PeePee
Hungrybox
---
Below this is pretty ambiguous. Something is telling me that:
5. KirbyKaze (would love to see him higher, but it seems like he has historical troubles vs top Falco play [circa Mango/PP] where as a spectator it looks like he gets handled, especially v Mango as well as possibly some of the potential foxes alluded to below)

below that:
Shroomed, (2 high level foxes), (Falcon)

alternates:
Tuga (if Wobbles does not enter/M2K goes emo), Wobbles (if entering), M2K (if not emo),

Varist

Smash Lord
my lame thoughts are doesn't matter who wins because people will still think mango is the best player in the world and wait and see at melee royale

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the *top 4 are really dependent on who they each face in bracket. I feel like if Armada is sent to losers by either Mango, Hbox, or PP then Mango will probably get 1st. If Armada gets to GF in Winners then he will most likely win.

Basically:
PP beats: Hbox
Hbox beats: Armada
Armada beats: PP and Mango
Mango beats: PP and Hbox

Also, Javi & M2K have the most chance to pull off upsets.

*going with the general consensus that PP, hungrybox, Armada, and Mango will be top 4

Battlecow

Play to Win
The one reason that I legitimately think Armada might (key word: Might) not have as good of a chance at taking it as mango does is that it seems like he's vulnerable to losing to PP and Hbox, having dropped sets to both when last they met, as well as possibly being vulnerable to losing to Mango. While I can see PP taking it from Mango based on impulse, Mango doesn't seem particularly likely to get knocked out by Hbox. Mango's also got a pretty good handle on Javi, it seems, and the experience to make a surprise upset by KK or shroomed seem less likely.

tl;dr it's not just the head to head that matters, as recent results indicate that either or both of these players could very well be upset, although this seems slightly more likely to happen to Armada than to Mango.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Stuff Tarv would like to see part II:

-Marth Dittos. Lots and lots of marth dittos. M2k vs PP, PP vs. Taj, M2k vs. Taj, Taj vs. PP, Ice vs. PP etc etc.
- V3ctorman to make top 20 (or at least give him some stream time)
- Hax vs. Mango Captain Falcon ditto
- Armada vs. Hanky Panky Peach ditto
- Hugs to enter and do relatively well (If he faces plup that's just a bonus)
- Silentspectre (What even happened to him?)
- Shroomed vs. Wobbles
- Mango ScorpionMaster to bring in Mario for a match
- Taj to play lots of mewtwo (M2k vs. Taj mewtwo ditto? If not I'll settle for a Taj vs. Armada WF rematch from Genesis 2)
- KK vs. Fly (Big House 2 rematch)
- More crowd hype
- Less drunk mango

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
I was going to post something, but then came across Battlecow's post which did it for me. I put Mango-Armada at 40-60 heads up but 50-50 to win it all. Also, I think if Mango goes Fox vs. PP, he styles. PP has always had problems vs. fox (relative to his other MU's/remember Jman vs. him back in the day?) and used to say that Mango's fox in friendlies ***** him for free. And that fox looked good against WestBallz at the last SoCal tourney. Though I really am just curious to see how that MU plays out in tourney.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
PP says he taps Mango's Fox in friendlies. Fox is definitely not a weak matchup for him, lol.

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
1-4
1. Mango
2. Hbox
3. Armada
4. PP
Any of the four could take it though.

5-7
5. Javi
6. Shroomed
7. KirbyKaze
After that I'm not sure. Taj, Wobbles, Sfat, Unknown, M2k and maybe Axe could be up there.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Hey, for everyone that wants to see Javi do well at APEX, you should donate a few buck to him so it actually has a chance of happening.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Damn, I didn't realize PP's Falco always ***** me since I haven't played it since ROM3 aside from a single match in crews where I took 2 with 2 (I was at 91% admittedly but Sheik Falco is also the most volatile matchup ever so w/e).

:/

If the TOs would be kind enough to not put me with Mango once in a blue moon I think people saying I get ***** by PP's Falco would make more sense. As it stands, I never get to play the other top level Falco and it saddens me because I'm interested to see how I'd do. But it literally never happens. Because I don't know. I seriously don't. My ranking is weird and I'm not sure how things wind up being seeded at these but I swear I wasn't a candidate for whatever I'm placed at for APEX 2012 and within a year I'm still seeing nothing but fruit. Not that I dislike playing Mango or anything; he's really fun. But I'd like some variety. Ask any of my exes - I handle monogamy poorly.

Alex, if you are reading this, if I go into the bracket as a 1st seed and the top 5 do too, please give me anyone else. Things can go back to normal after but I really want a crack at Armada or PP since I haven't played them since 2010 or so >_>

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
We'll see. I beat HBox that one time, maybe I can do another upset vs a defensive floaty. I don't think I'll get a 50% freebie stock game 3 like I did vs Juan though (although it was the most telegraphed 'freebie' ever and he had a very obvious tech available since Sheik's up+B hitbox comes out on frame a bazillion). I might have to actually outskill Mr. Lindgren to some degree, which is a daunting prospect. Then again Sheik beats Peach so maybe I can just MU him to death with gayness. It almost works for M2K with Marth, maybe I can try it with Sheik and squeeze it out...

inb4dohpostsnocuzididnttryinfriendliesvshim

JPOBS

Smash Hero
The one reason that I legitimately think Armada might (key word: Might) not have as good of a chance at taking it as mango does is that it seems like he's vulnerable to losing to PP and Hbox, having dropped sets to both when last they met, as well as possibly being vulnerable to losing to Mango. While I can see PP taking it from Mango based on impulse, Mango doesn't seem particularly likely to get knocked out by Hbox. Mango's also got a pretty good handle on Javi, it seems, and the experience to make a surprise upset by KK or shroomed seem less likely.

tl;dr it's not just the head to head that matters, as recent results indicate that either or both of these players could very well be upset, although this seems slightly more likely to happen to Armada than to Mango.
I agree with this.

Armada seems much more "error prone" than mango, despite being the best player currently. Sure, Armada might beat mango head to head (j/k mango nation baby!), but Armada could very realistically lose to hbox or PP, whereas mango I think has a pretty solid handle on both of these guys. Not to mention, I could totally see armada losing to someone like Hax, or S2j (both of their sets have been close), or shroomed or KK if they ever match up. Whereas I don't really see mango having a problem with any of these guys.

Armada is the best, but imo he has a lot more people who could upset him than mango because of regional and character differences between europe and 'murrika.

Top Bottom