• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Me, on the other hand, was playing the best I ever have in my life despite not having slept.
Oh, and the day afterwards I had to leave because I got sick (i even had a fever). At the point that we where playing I had already started getting sick.

For those who missed it me and another unknown player (who is actually amazing) almost beat leffen in teams. I shall repeat this several times over to torment leffen.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We need more American-Euro meatriders to handle these American-Mexi meatriders

this thread is all out of wack right now too biased imo

Landry

Smash Ace
I hope we get to see an Armada vs Hungrybox rematch at some point during bracket. I seriously think there's no way Hbox is going to lose to YL this year.

leffen

Smash Champion
lol mikehaggar. always so butthurt

times are desperate when you have to brag about losing and getting sick and getting your dad to pick you up from the tournament

t3h Icy

Smash Master
But to be serious, Westballz is really good at his maximum, but he's always choking. Wobbles talked about him in particular on some livestream and mentioned that he got too good too fast and never really developed the right mental state for the game and stuff like that. I think a little humility would do wonders for him, but he usually get angry and stuff after losing. He won't place too high in my opinion.

If there were to be a Falco causing upsets, I'd say Stric.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Didn't mango completely mop the floor with him like a month ago

:phone:

leffen

Smash Champion
Westballz handles losing too badly to keep improving. The way he johns after every bad performance and how he takes nothing from his losses is gonna be his fall imo.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Looking at the APex Points

PP is #1 so he would face Hbox#5 or Armada #6
M2K is #2 so he'd likely face Mango(#3) in WinnersSemis

The Elite 4 & M2K are just too good.

I honestly want to see M2K take it. I feel like he embodies smash in general.

But I LOVE watching PP play!

Mango & Armada are just... OMG

Hbox is FL so I hafta go for the Hometeam

I want Javi & Leffen to do well bcuz they are fresh faces.

:sonic:

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
But to be serious, Westballz is really good at his maximum, but he's always choking. Wobbles talked about him in particular on some livestream and mentioned that he got too good too fast and never really developed the right mental state for the game and stuff like that. I think a little humility would do wonders for him, but he usually get angry and stuff after losing. He won't place too high in my opinion.

If there were to be a Falco causing upsets, I'd say Stric.
Just gonna let you know

you have no idea what you're talking about in regards to weston's personality.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Just gonna let you know

you have no idea what you're talking about in regards to weston's personality.
Probably not. Wobbles explained it a lot better than my paraphrasing.

I get this is a burn but can u elaborate?
The bracket pools are played up to Winners' Finals and Losers' Semis, and then they stop. The players in Winners' are 1st seeds, and the players in Losers' are 2nd seeds. Speaking of just the rankings they get in the bracket, technically there are two 2nd places and two 4th places.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
lol mikehaggar. always so butthurt

times are desperate when you have to brag about losing and getting sick and getting your dad to pick you up from the tournament
man, i sure should feel bad over getting sick and having a nice dad that picked me up because i was. you sure got me there!
speaking of bragging about losing:
just went 3-4 vs armada in wfs (pal).
and what am i butthurt about btw? thinking beer is 80% appleliquorvodka and getting placebodrunk from it? oh wait
Westballz handles losing too badly to keep improving. The way he johns after every bad performance and how he takes nothing from his losses is gonna be his fall imo.
yes, unlike you who always handles all losses very maturely
did you have soap between your fingers this grand finals aswell? (this was a real john from leffen once, im not joking)

Landry

Smash Ace
Looking at the APex Points

PP is #1 so he would face Hbox#5 or Armada #6
M2K is #2 so he'd likely face Mango(#3) in WinnersSemis
Alex Strife said that seeding will not entirely be based on Apex points. This is good because the current seeding would be kinda whack.

edit: omg, MikeHaggar and Leffen can the two of you just hook up already? all this tension is not healthy...

oliman

Smash Journeyman
I think Armada has a lot of threats. PP came really close last time, Hbox is starting to beat Ylink, Mango is mango (always at least a little bit of a threat), Javi i dunno about his peach game but... -2nd place

hbox loses solidly to mango and pp- not going to win, sorry - 4th place

mango has armada and pp to worry about but thats pretty much it- 1st or 3rd place

pp is probably the least threatened in terms of skill gap- armada has a slight edge over him and idk bout mango. may lose to m2k tho - 1st or 3rd place

m2k has ICs, pp, armada (not gonna beat armada fo sho), mango, hbox, and kind of hax to worry about. I dont expect him to crack top 4, maybe even top 5/6 - 6th place

javi doesn't have the element of suprise anymore, solidly loses to mango and m2k, but is anyone's game for the rest of the top. definitely gonna beat hax again, either 5th place or like 10th place

hax is a threat imo to armada and m2k. won't get top 6 but can be a game changer here- might send m2k or armada to losers, and javi will get to go to the top if he beats hax.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
javi doesn't have the element of suprise anymore, solidly loses to mango and m2k, but is anyone's game for the rest of the top. definitely gonna beat hax again, either 5th place or like 10th place
wholeheartedly disagree here. He lost to M2K in FRIENDLIES. Javi was laughing IN tournament, these were just FRIENDLIES, and M2k plays serious in those. You can't base it all on that. NOR can you base it off of 2 games vs mango. AND game 1 was last hit, and i forgot game 2. I remember a 2 stock, but i feel like an SD happened.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I hope we get to see an Armada vs Hungrybox rematch at some point during bracket. I seriously think there's no way Hbox is going to lose to YL this year.
Tradition has been that Armada meets the previous US winner sometime around Quarters. Not sure what happens when Armada was the previous winner though...

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
yeah agree on armada losing to hax or s2j if he runs into them this time, his falcon game didnt seem too hot this weekend

:phone:

UlyssesTheTrojan

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I just don't see Armada taking it this year. I highly doubt Hungrybox will lose to young link again (armada's peach probably has a better shot) and Dr. PP seems like he is very close to breaking through and only a win from him could change the best player in the world discussion. Mango is beating Hungybox though and is a wildcard in consideration with the other 2. It all depends on bracket but here goes. Javi will do worse here than last time obviously, Armada>Mango>Hungybox it seems, so it should come down to Dr.PP vs Armada in a hype rematch of Pound V grand finals.

1. Dr.PP
2. Armada
3. Mango
4. Hungrybox
5. M2K
5. Hax/Shroomed/KirbyKaze
7. Hax/Shroomed/KirbyKaze
7. Hax/Shroomed/KirbyKaze

Really hoping to see Mango vs Javi and Hax vs Leffen

Landry

Smash Ace
It really will all depend on how the bracket breaks down.

Mango has been beating HBox, at least this summer he had some pretty solid wins. PP has the edge on HBox too. HBox has always done really well at Apex, though. Really, he could win either of these matchups although it would be a slight up hill battle.

PP and Mango can go either way. I don't think Kings of Cali necessarily means PP has the edge on Mango now. I think that this is pretty much going to come down to who is playing better.

Armada has an edge vs PP and Mango right now. Both of them are really close, though. We'll see how it breaks down. PP seems like he might be prepared to take our Armada this time.

HBox has the edge on Armada, imo. Sure, Armada won last year but that hour and half set was anything but decisive. I don't think YL is going to beat HBox again and if Armada decides to go Peach then he'll have to overcome a tricky matchup.

M2K is the wildcard. His recent sets against PP and Mango have all been pretty close. If he maintains composure some of these 5 games sets could switch and go his way. I even think he has a shot against Armada, especially if he goes Sheik instead of switching to Fox (the worst of his 3 characters imo). Of the top 4, I think HBox is going to be the hardest one for M2K to top.

And then of course you have the guys who are right outside of the too 5 but could make upsets. Javi, KirbyKaze, Axe and a few other people all have chances to make a splash especially if they get good matchups through the bracket.

tl;dr - it could go either way, mannnn

hype

Top Bottom