• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
OP updated with Super SWEET, Collected 2, and WDW.

@ The_NZA The_NZA
You have a youtube channel for smashing grounds that I can subscribe to?

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
who beats dk? legit asking.
1) can they combo
2) can they not combo, but combo just enough to the point where they combo against DK
3) can they not combo at all forever, but still kill DK because he's a big body and big bodies are always easy targets

Oracle

Smash Master
Its mostly ness, mk, and the links I would have trouble with. Problem is our best player playing roy doesnt matter when you always have to run the gauntlet of good chars to face the bad one lol

Chevy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the only character that doesn't do well against DK is Ice Climbers.
Poor DK can't grab Ice Climbers without being wacked, and a Donkey that can't grab is a sad Donkey.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Says the guy who has apparently been going mostly Snake in his tournaments now!
Thats just temporary cause i enjoy playing snake and he would be a good secondary when im not in the mood for DK lol. its more fun having multiple mains. Ive only stopped DK recently to make my snake better

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I actually use IC's for DK lol.
You said something like your IC's aren't good, or something to that effect. Besides, all of your tricks are only gonna work once, maybe twice.

Last edited:

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Gonna throw my opinion out there, but i think DK destroys IC's. He has that mobility, range, and power, and can easily separate the climbers with nairs and fairs and stuff. once nana is gone popo is hopeless vs DK

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You said something like your IC's aren't good, or something to that effect. Besides, all of your tricks are only gonna work once, maybe twice.
I actually thought my IC's weren't good until I played people at sktar with them lol. Either way, I only use them against zard and dk in serious matches. I have tricks that work every time, but only against those two characters really.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Nair and fair against ICs? lol, POOB I thought you were good

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Nair and fair against ICs? lol, POOB I thought you were good
Yeah man, IC's are the perfect weight where once u get a nair you can follow up with more nairs or a fair, and they are light so the last hit of a short combo will send them pretty far so you can edgeguard. Also, those moves are powerful enough where any % discrepancy between popo and nana will be very visible, which is when u can choose to follow up on either one of them. I didnt mention bairs because thats obvious, bairs are good in basically every matchup lol.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Neon and SS both beat Hbox at our Bi-weekly tonight. Wasn't there and it wasn't streamed or recorded (tech difficulties). Hbox wen't puff/mario/Olimar for the bracket.

bracket: http://challonge.com/azpmPM614

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Few things:
How exactly do you (@ KayB KayB ) determine the "top 3" players? I see things switched a lot with no real explanation as to why. Not trying to call you out, just want clarification.

Also I think the Ness top 3 could use some work. Awestin is obviously #1 but I'd like to see some more discussion for 2 and 3. Eli's Ness is amazing but iirc he's only played it in tournament once or twice and if this thread is about "seeing how top players are using the character" I feel like it's more fair to use players that have more than one example and actually main/secondary the character. IMO The NZA and Tetraflora should be in contention for top 3.
No offense to you at all GMaster (I love your ness pls don't hate me) but IMO @ The_NZA The_NZA should be #3. He regularly gets top 8 placings at Smashing Grounds and I believe was also top 8 at NSA2?

@Tetraflora for those who don't know him is by far the best Ness on Netplay. I know netplay doesn't hold a lot of contention here but IMO it's really worth looking him up and looking at what he does.

Oh and I think this goes without saying but I'm coming for that #3. I'll be on this list within a few months.
At Dark Poob Rising (our Project M Monthly), I got 5th out of a 62 people (round robin pools into top 32 bracket). Unfortunately all the footage was deleted, but I beat Risky and Poob on my tear (for those who watch, Risky is PMBR and a fantastic snake, mario, lucario player). I don't expect to be recognized until I get to a national but I do think I'm better than Gmaster (all the love, homie), and probably Eli. I'd argue I'm better than tetra and have won in tournaments rather than simply online, but i'll let that be until either or both of us attend nationals.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
At Dark Poob Rising (our Project M Monthly), I got 5th out of a 62 people (round robin pools into top 32 bracket). Unfortunately all the footage was deleted, but I beat Risky and Poob on my tear (for those who watch, Risky is PMBR and a fantastic snake, mario, lucario player). I don't expect to be recognized until I get to a national but I do think I'm better than Gmaster (all the love, homie), and probably Eli. I'd argue I'm better than tetra and have won in tournaments rather than simply online, but i'll let that be until either or both of us attend nationals.
Surrrrrrrre you are....

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Guaranteed response
EDIT: Eli NINJA'D me

Last edited:

Bryonato

Green Hat
Eli has a REALLY good ness (one of my favorites) but if the purpose of this list is to show how the top character specific players are developing their chars top 3 should be awestin, nza, and then 3rd place is a real toss up imo. would like other people's thoughts on this one.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is the first I've heard of Risky being PMBR... Strange since I observe our applications pretty frequently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom