• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character v3.5

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone in your freaking region have a computer and a dazzle
Nebs always has a stream but Smash 4 scene has more entrants so it tends to get streamed more.

However, PM brackets are stupid stacked always.

I watched Gallo's WF with Prof. He did dumb amazing ****, I can confirm.

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Nebs always has a stream but Smash 4 scene has more entrants so it tends to get streamed more.

However, PM brackets are stupid stacked always.

I watched Gallo's WF with Prof. He did dumb amazing ****, I can confirm.
Let's just get a second stream.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
See Jewchainz in list of top squirtles

Well this thread just lost all credibility

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think Strawhat has some Falcon vids (along with Sparking and Mojo for their chars) from a tourney this weekend? Strawhat vs Sparking Zero was already uploaded at least. Gameguys video channel (my Youtube might be bugged atm, says a lot of these videos are private or deleted???!? So just posting their channel and hoping others see it)

https://www.youtube.com/user/houstongameguys/videos

Last edited:

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
not that care to much for this page at all but you might want to put sosa under wario considering hes won like the last three or 4 socal tourneys beating aion, ipk, k9 and others. i let you know if they post any vids as socal tends not to do that

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone in your freaking region have a computer and a dazzle
Most the videos are on twitch. Need someone to upload them to youtube :p. Working on it.

Sosa Won PM in the PM last night. 4th tournament win in a row.....

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Updated with Smashing Grounds, ePeen, New Mexico vids, and a bunch of stuff I can't remember cause there was a LOT.

LittleFoxBot

Smash Rookie
Every time Poob squashes a Marth my profile picture smiles a little more.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
lol i busted out the Ike vs sethlon at a tourney and took him to game 5 in gfs
http://www.twitch.tv/darkgun163/b/616122982?t=9m00s

twitch vods until its up on yt
Wow that MU looks ass

I mean it's not a 60-40 even but I never realized how annoying it could be to get a grab on Roy, or get a combo started. Literally edgeguarding him is the only thing that seems fun to do here and he can edgeguard Ike back pretty well too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nah it feels evenish to me, no more than 55-45 in either direction. spamming QD gets you bodied because of DED but intelligent normal ike with minor QD mixups does well vs roy.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Cutting up the vidoes as we speak. Using a new program, so I am not quite as familiar with the software yet. Should be up soon...ish though.

Edit: Oh jeezbus I didn't realize what misery I had brought upon my poor computer. I... will have to fix audio in future streams. Rendering time for one match is closer to one hour. Expect soon to be... a bit later.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Here are the VODs of the last French monthly

New Leon matches featuring his snake and his marth :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVuKjC16T0 Leon vs SF-3 (Ike)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NGskN26xOA Leon vs Shadow (CF)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Ft7M1bPmw Leon vs SF-3 (Ike) LSF
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rKeL6Ivjnz8 Leon vs TreK (Ivy, DK) LF
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CEIGD8CfTQY Leon vs Charby (Marth) GF

New Charby matches :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1YmgJI7I8 Charby vs Shadow (CF)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6C7VAzyFJC0 Charby vs Khodalyr (Lucario)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YzhthllC1fc Charby vs TreK (Ivy, DK)

Also I think this might interest you :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nYFJ_GiGpyI TreK vs Leon (Snake, Marth) WSF

Here's the full playlist :
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL29YrkGwAc0g4b8t44x9qlp7u9DIFzrzc

Sorry for the weird format earlier, my phone's fault :V

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
ughh.. why do i still come here
Im starting to give up on the list when Jetx whos not even close to being on the PR in socal (sorry Jetx your cool) got on the list while most the top level players (including myself) are not...

Its partially due to the nature of having to upload the videos to prove your that good to get on a list on smashboards. Its cool but i feel its the squeaky wheel thing to an extent. Kayb goes thru a lot of work im assuming to watch the videos and manage the forum but like most things i see on threads it has a fraudulent feel to it :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People will always have that problem though. This thread serves a good purpose for finding and displaying a ton of videos in 1 location, so that people don't have to scatter on individual character forums and *hope* they were posted there. Or dig through massive Twitch archives.

If people want it to be less fraud, they should get more vids recorded. It's kind of like complaining that the Smashboards tourney rankings are fraud, when regions forget or refuse to upload results thru Smashboards and then complain they aren't high on the ranking. There's a solution to fixing those problems, it doesn't have to ruin or downplay the huge benefit overall that the thread presents.

This list has the potential to be better if we improve it by contributing.

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
It's almost like you need to have proof for your claims or something
You mean like tournament placements / results / wins over top PR players in Socal?
Wins over players who win Regionals in other regions. :)

Yeah i get having to have videos but to an extent when players dont have access to streaming equipment/ laptops for recording set ups its a hassle to provide videos.

Socal doesnt have set people for recording set ups.

Im trying to get my own stream set up / later tdownload the videos to youtube.
Rough working OT at an already demanding job as well as starting up my own tournament series.

@ DMG DMG dont get me wrong i love the thread for finding videos of competent players for each character and link this place a lot.
Just wish it wasnt just videos but hey its cool :) ill continue 3-0ing ipk and 3 stocking k9 off the record <3

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I'm not doubting you specifically, so there's no need to turn defensive. I'm just pointing out that if this thread gave a spot to every random who claimed to be the best at their character with no evidence, then this thread would suck ass. Plus, the main point of this thread, in my opinion, is to be able to find footage of high level play of certain characters rather than to stroke epeens

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
I'm not doubting you specifically, so there's no need to turn defensive. I'm just pointing out that if this thread gave a spot to every random who claimed to be the best at their character with no evidence, then this thread would suck ***. Plus, the main point of this thread, in my opinion, is to be able to find footage of high level play of certain characters rather than to stroke epeens
For starters sometimes its hard to read into emotion / feelings behind text.
Didnt mean to sound defensive just trying to produce a certain point.

My statements are very general. I feel this applies to a lot of regions and not just socal. If certain players are repeatedly taking sets from PR players or on the Pr for their respected region (placements) i feel they have a lil more weight then players who have very little effect on their scene as far as top 8 / upsets stuff like that.

I see players from other regions on the list beating people i dont see as very solid. Idk mayb what i wish from the list is too much work.

I do understand your viewpoint and to a degree agree with you.

Thread is labeled Top players & videos.

If your going to put up these are the top 5 Diddys i feel that list should be reflective on tournament placements / results as opposed to this is the top 5 diddys that showed up to the thread and posted videos.

Just my personal opinion. I understand that having video evidence is solid support and is ideal.

So as to avoid the scenario ----- you face them in tournament like welp i just double 3 stocked one the top 5 kirbys.

Key is consistency as far as requirements to be on the TOP players list.

In no way am i attacking or unreasonable. Im totally up for conversation and dont want my text to be misread as this is my viewpoint its not changing or 2 agressive. Progress is achieved through respectful debate / reasoning <3

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Im starting to give up on the list when Jetx whos not even close to being on the PR in socal (sorry Jetx your cool) got on the list while most the top level players (including myself) are not...
To clarify on this, this list isn't a general player PR, it's a (very) rough ranking of players by character. Some characters will have larger competition over others meaning that people who don't place as well as others may have a better chance of getting on this list.

For example, Taj was objectively the best Melee M2 in his prime (and maybe still is). That being said, he could still get beaten by, hypothetically speaking, Chillin. That doesn't by default make Chillin the best Fox main or even in the Top 5.

Truth be told, I haven't been putting too much focus on researching local PRs and tournies, I mostly update the rankings whenever I find new videos and such (this whole thread is a side thing for me, and it is kind of stressful and time consuming to keep up with now and then). I apologize for that, but if it means anything, I did update the Cali list in the Top Regions, and more people are up there. I think I also put Sosa under Wario too. I haven't put you up yet under any characters cause you said you dual main Diddy and Falcon; it's harder for me to gauge players per character just by looking at bracket results, which is an advantage that videos have.

If you have any other players from your region not listed, hit me up.

Boiko

:drshrug:
For starters sometimes its hard to read into emotion / feelings behind text.
Didnt mean to sound defensive just trying to produce a certain point.

My statements are very general. I feel this applies to a lot of regions and not just socal. If certain players are repeatedly taking sets from PR players or on the Pr for their respected region (placements) i feel they have a lil more weight then players who have very little effect on their scene as far as top 8 / upsets stuff like that.

I see players from other regions on the list beating people i dont see as very solid. Idk mayb what i wish from the list is too much work.

I do understand your viewpoint and to a degree agree with you.

Thread is labeled Top players & videos.

If your going to put up these are the top 5 Diddys i feel that list should be reflective on tournament placements / results as opposed to this is the top 5 diddys that showed up to the thread and posted videos.

Just my personal opinion. I understand that having video evidence is solid support and is ideal.

So as to avoid the scenario ----- you face them in tournament like welp i just double 3 stocked one the top 5 kirbys.

Key is consistency as far as requirements to be on the TOP players list.

In no way am i attacking or unreasonable. Im totally up for conversation and dont want my text to be misread as this is my viewpoint its not changing or 2 agressive. Progress is achieved through respectful debate / reasoning <3
I shared my videos because I affirmatively know I'm a top 2/3 active Ness player and I want other Ness players to learn, not because I want my name on a list. It doesn't prove anything, and it isn't really something to specifically work toward. Just keep doing well and get on stream if you want the world to see your stuff.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
I shared my videos because I affirmatively know I'm a top 2/3 active Ness player and I want other Ness players to learn, not because I want my name on a list. It doesn't prove anything, and it isn't really something to specifically work toward. Just keep doing well and get on stream if you want the world to see your stuff.
People taking this as the venoms not on the list so hes upset post. Thats not really what it is lol. I get plenty of stream time and am decently known. I use my own personal experiences as an example on a larger scale what can be going down.

Just see players linking they made the list when im looking at better players not on thats all. Guess ill just use it more for finding videos for characters :p Wish people were better at getting out content.

@ KayB KayB yeah man i appreciate the work you put into it.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
nah it feels evenish to me, no more than 55-45 in either direction. spamming QD gets you bodied because of DED but intelligent normal ike with minor QD mixups does well vs roy.
I worded it poorly. I did indeed mean that it's probably no worse that 55-45 Roy, but it looks tough to play optimally because f***ing ASDI down and f***ing Dtilt and DED (and FTilt to a certain extent I suppose).

There's characters that Ike has trouble approaching and then there's Roy

Ugh if this was more based on actual FE this MU shoulda been like 2000-0 Ike :p

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
I agree with venom on seeing some players on the list and know there are better players than that of that character. Like i feel like most of the lucario videos are jank and sloppy play compared to what i normally see. But i understand that you only have so much information to go off of.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Again, the main point of this thread is not to actually decide who's the best 5 players of a character. I said it a long time ago, that if regions and character boards were active enough, they could individually figure most of these things out anyways. There's a reason this thread doesn't do only 5 players per character (might only have 5 listed but more than 5 players under vids), or rank them in specific order anymore.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough. Had the wrong opinion of the thread then due to the top players part of the title. My bad. Sorry if i upset anyone.

Top Bottom