• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Brawl Players- According to Gamebattles

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone played one of the top players according to the Gamebattles ranking system? If so, were they good? How did they play? Did they use lag to their advantage? Did they camp/spam? This could be used too see exactly how big an issue camping is going to be in the competitive scene. Some people on there are like 100 and 1 so I want to know if their using skill or campyness.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Um.... it's online play. It doesn't matter lol. I have played them. A lot of them use Snake, Ike, and Marth because they have really good moves, that even though they are slow, are hard to punish with button lag (e.g. Marth = f-smash spam). Also some characters are barely playable online (NESS).

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I cant use gamebattles for the life of me...Ive tried several times before and I just CANNOT figure out how to work that DAM site! I play on a much more user friendly site, smashbrawlrankings.com

but if someone could please tell me how to use gamebattles it would be very much appreciated ^_^

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
False, because even then you don't know how the server traffic is being routed.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
My friend lives right down the street from me and it lags like crazy. We both have the same cable connections too lol.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I dont know how gamebattles works, but on smashbrawlrankings.com this is how we roll; for any match you play you can request a lag test where you just take some time to jump around and attack and get a feel for the connection. If the lag is too poor, then you dont play, if the lag is minimul and you both agree, then you play

Of course, it IS online, so there will always be SOME delay or slight lag, but its still a good indication of your skill and its always good practice against real players and different character matchups

lengeta

Smash Ace
I've played T0mmy (he was in the top 25 at the time, currently he's sitting at 101). He showed me what R.O.B. is actually capable of, then finished me off with Pikachu, 2-1 loss for me. GB has some really ******** rules in place, so he camped when we had to play at Skyworld, but that was level-based play, not lag. You have to play differently with lag though, you've got to play a much "safer" game because you aren't able to react instantly. If you're good online, you're going to be good off-line, but they really are two completely different play-styles, and don't really relate that well IMO.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
I played BarDull in the semifinals of the Smash Wars tournament.

I lost 3-1. :p He has a REALLY good Marth and he plays some really intense mind games. He's a really nice guy too. :)

T0MMY

Smash Master
I've played T0mmy (he was in the top 25 at the time, currently he's sitting at 101). He showed me what R.O.B. is actually capable of, then finished me off with Pikachu, 2-1 loss for me. GB has some really ******** rules in place, so he camped when we had to play at Skyworld, but that was level-based play, not lag. You have to play differently with lag though, you've got to play a much "safer" game because you aren't able to react instantly. If you're good online, you're going to be good off-line, but they really are two completely different play-styles, and don't really relate that well IMO.
I think I got to top 5 before I quit playing altogether. The people on GBs were annoying, the lag was too much to stomach, and it just took way too much time. Most of the time I was using the computer, eating, or not even paying attention when I was playing my matches. To be on the top spot you have to play a lot of matches, because it's based on experience points, not how good you actually are.
So, yah, I deleted my profile there, because I don't play online much anymore. I'm spending more time traveling out of state playing in tournaments for prizes instead of having people call me a bad player because they can't take a single stock off me and then dispute it as their win.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think I got to top 5 before I quit playing altogether. The people on GBs were annoying, the lag was too much to stomach, and it just took way too much time. Most of the time I was using the computer, eating, or not even paying attention when I was playing my matches. To be on the top spot you have to play a lot of matches, because it's based on experience points, not how good you actually are.
So, yah, I deleted my profile there, because I don't play online much anymore. I'm spending more time traveling out of state playing in tournaments for prizes instead of having people call me a bad player because they can't take a single stock off me and then dispute it as their win.
SmashbrawlRankings is SOOOO Much better then GB.

It has an amazing ranking system that is based on how good you are, not how many games you have played. Beating people ranked higher then you has more value, and beating the same person over and over again loses value. Also, there is an honor system, so people that dispute matches a lot have bad honor, while the honest players keep good ratings.

Amazing site really.

Top Bottom