• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 worst movies you've ever seen

Liquid-117

Smash Apprentice
@Luigitoilet:Well it just so happens i have my own opinion, and i you can't accept that, well that's your problem.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Wow...um...just...people debating this, maybe i should have been more specific with the title, but wow... can't everyone just respect someones oppinion and be done with it, even if you dissagree? I thought this would be something fun you might come across so you could vent your anger at movies and have a laugh at other lists, man. no need to call anyone anything...i'm going to make a movie debate thread for that...for ****s sake people...

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
All Michael Bay movies are not equal. Armageddon, Transformers 1, Independence Day, The Rock are all enjoyable movies. Also, all Michael Bay movies are better than any of the films I chose. .
To each his own. You might find them enjoyable. For me, they were the equivalent of being lobotomized by a icepick and a sledgehammer.

I watch old B-movies and revere the camp value and that they were just trying to have fun with what little budget they had. In a way, Ed Wood films are bad, but they're entertaining. I watch Bay's films and get none of that. His films seem far too commercialized and they never stop with the absurdly cliched and bland stories, riddled with pointless explosions. You can either go into your weekend matinee and turn off your brain or you can try to analyze a movie to determine its worth. I can't do either in any Bay film -_-

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lol, everyone is yelling at me when I squashed this argument already and tried to move on. and besides, crashic was the one going way overboard, acting like a baby and insulting me.

As for Michael Bay, I'll just agree to disagree. I find plenty of his movies enjoyable in that b-movie sense, especially his 90s movies.

Here are some more ridiculously gory Japanese movies:

MACHINE GIRL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEd-lhbj1gQ&has_verified=1 , this movie is pretty good, actually.

TOKYO GORE POLICE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFKP9lB_F7s&feature=channel this isn't so good. I had to shut it off only like 20 minutes into it.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
There was a Japanese film that was never released in the U.S. because it involved the death of a lot of minors. It's called Battle Royale where through some incomprehensible story they find it reasonable to bring Freshmen High school students to an island for them to kill each other off, the winner gets to go home. It may sound sadistic but it really just becomes a hardy laugher: funny acting, crazy deaths, silly plot, good times.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
There was a Japanese film that was never released in the U.S. because it involved the death of a lot of minors. It's called Battle Royale where through some incomprehensible story they find it reasonable to bring Freshmen High school students to an island for them to kill each other off, the winner gets to go home. It may sound sadistic but it really just becomes a hardy laugher: funny acting, crazy deaths, silly plot, good times.
Old news is old.

Fantastic book. Absolutely fantastic. Though it's far from my favorite books, it has an allure that's unmatched. The movie was pretty crappy, removing the raw human emotion from the book. I thought that was bad...until I saw the sequel.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I never read the book, but I thought Battle Royale was amazing, and at times pretty touching.

The sequel was boring and horrible though.
Battle Royale.... Hmm..That's sounds like The Hunger Games....

Anyway, the worst movie(s)I ever saw were..

Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story(In case you were wondering, this was made when MJ was alive)

I had the misfortune of seeing this ****ty film last summer on TV Guide Channel and it's hours of my life I'm never gonna get back. There are so many things wrong with this biopic.

1.They hired a horrible actor named Flex Alexander to play the role of MJ
2. They made MJ seem like a bad person when he wasn't
3.They got alot of their facts wrong.( Hello! MJ wasn't black when he bought neverland! He was nearly white by then!)
4. They did a horrible job with the makeup.

Whoever made this film should be ashamed of themselves. All in all, it's just a horrible movie and all copies of it should be buried in a landfill.(Preferably in the same landfill the E.T video game was buried in)

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
1. GI Joe Rise of Cobra (left this one an hour in)
2. Igor (almost left)
3. GOOD BURGER (Nuff said)
4. Santa's Slay (I don't even know why I agreed to watch this)
5. Super Mario Brothers Movie (I think you all know about this one...)

These movies still make me cringe when I see them in the store.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Meet The Spartans is the only comedy-labeled movie that I actually did not laugh at not even once. Not even a giggle, nothing.

I've seen a bunch of crappy movies but this one always comes to mind first- always haha

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Synecdoche, wasn't bad at all. :bee:

My 3 Most Hated:

3) The Room (I couldn't even get a laugh out of how bad it was :(, but somehow I withstood the entire movie, at least I'll give it that)
2) Dragonball: Evolution (walked out when I saw the red Kamehameha, it was awful acting, which was a suprise considering i thought Rochi was gonna be hilarious, it was just an awful modern interpretation)
1) The Happening (it hurt. it actually hurt when I found out the enemy was a spore from the plants. the enemy was a tree, a ****ing TREE!!! Also the acting/writing was the typical downward spiral M. Night Shyamaharajafadaamabad mediocrity you would've expected :( , it edged out DB:E for worst because I spent more money to see it than DB:E and I got less money's worth for it imo)

Also, Good Burger is a Masterpiece, how dare you insult it. A MASTERPIECE!!!!!

:036:

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Welcome to Good Burger Home of the Good Burger Can i take ya Orda?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Parody movies don't deserve to make a worst movie list. They're PARODYS. They're supposed to be bad. I mean sure, things get WAY too over the top, especially after Scary Movie 4, but that's the whole point. To exaggerate the movie.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Parody movies don't deserve to make a worst movie list. They're PARODYS. They're supposed to be bad. I mean sure, things get WAY too over the top, especially after Scary Movie 4, but that's the whole point. To exaggerate the movie.
Actually, they do. Being a parody doesn't magically excuse a movie from being a piece of **** in its own right. The problem with the ____ Movie movies after Scary Movie 2 isn't that they got too ridiculous, it's that they got too stupid and unfunny. The parody's basically amount to "hey, remember that scene from a movie that came out last year? well, here is that same exact scene, only with a fart joke added!"

They are bad parodies, so they are bad movies.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
GorditosBoy make a list of the top 10 best parody films in your opinion.

I'm not going to troll you I'm genuinely intrigued in lieu of your definition.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm not saying they're supposed to be bad. I'm just saying that nobody really expects them to be good. I don't like parody movies too much, but don't put them in the same list as movies that actually tried. Parodies just try to talk crap. Whereas movies like Catwomen ( -.- ) and The Last Airbender (-___-) wanted to be good movies, but just flopped. If you make a parody, you don't expect much.

EDIT: Just saw your post Evil Eye.

These are parodies that I can think of right now that I liked.

Shaun of the Dead.
Scary Movies 1-3 (4 I didn't like, but it wasn't terrible)
Not Another Teen Movie
Kung Pow Enter the Fist
Space Balls
UHF

Those are some that come to the top of my head. I enjoyed all of them. Space Balls, Kung Pow and UHF in particular.

#HBC | Gorf

I've never even heard of Naked Gun and Airplane personally, but as Scary Movie 1 goes, I went in not expecting much. And it turned out to be pretty good.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
That's not true, as classics like Naked Gun and Airplane Mel Brooks parodies are awesome movies, even if they're parodies. Hell, even Scary Movie 1 is a pretty good movie.
Fixed.

No, I think Naked Gun and Airplane are still good, as well as classic parodies.. :p

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Some of the greatest movies are parodies. I know this is a worst movies thread, but hearing somebody say "parodies are expected to be mediocre" is a little unsettling. A lot of the "_____ Movie" and such have sucked. This has nothing to do with them being parodies, it has to do with the producers/directors.

A few awesome parodies:
Airplane!
The Naked Gun series
Spaceballs
Monty Python
Robin Hood Men In Tights
Austin Powers
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz
The Comebacks
Tropic Thunder
...and others

edit: clearly everybody else got to it before I did

Also, if you've never heard of Airplane and Naked Gun, you need to reevaluate your priorities in life. These movies are classics.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Naked Guns are good. 33 1/3 was the worst out of them all, and even that has to be in my top 50 favorite movies

Down Periscope is Great, too. Kelsey Grammar is amazing

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Shaun of the Dead.
Scary Movies 1-3 (4 I didn't like, but it wasn't terrible)
Not Another Teen Movie
Kung Pow Enter the Fist
Space Balls
UHF
It's funny -- Shaun of the Dead is the film on that list that I would designate the best parody. It's also the film on that list that I would designate as the best film period. SotD was a great film about lethargy, ambition, maturity, and other such themes most people over the age of 20 can relate to (either in the present or the past). It was also a brilliant satire of how these things are particularly -- sorry I gotta go for this pun -- infectious nowadays. Really, the first zombie you see in this movie is Shaun.

So I think you're off base saying people shouldn't expect parodies to be good. That's what allowed the "genre" (it's more of a filmmaking objective, really) to reach the state it's in. It snuck up on us, because they slowly ceased to be good movies but were at least funny enough to be worthwhile. Then the writing and jokes became increasily **** and unfunny, and we started throwing up our hands asking what went wrong.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Shaun of the dead is a great film, good to chuckle to :)

Shark boy and Lava girl in 3D

Honestly can't think of any other movie atm that I payed for and hated.

Top Bottom