• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Assist Trophy Predictions

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
In my opinoin all ATs should be generic characters. Generic characters can't be playable, so why not just make them an AT? I'd rather have my favorite characters such as Toad and Balloon Fighter not be an AT if they aren't playable, because then he won't just decide to keep them as ATs next time around.

Generic characters make for perfect ATs, because they don't have a chance of getting into this game, they don't have much of a chance of getting into the next one, and there are so many of them.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
1 Baby Bowser
2 Paper Mario
3 Any hunter from MP:H
4 Andross
5 Black Knight

ClarkJables, It doesn't matter if you disagree with somebody. This is an opinion topic and is not open to ranting. Nobody likes someone without any constructive input.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Generic characters are exactly what shouldn't be AT's. We already have 2 AT's and neither are generic, they are recognizable individuals who just couldn't be completely "Smashized" (as some call it), so the next best thing is AT's.

These characters may have some moves laid out for them, but wouldn't be able to create a successful complete moveset; this statement happens to be a good description of a lot of character suggestions on this forum, they also happen to be exactly what AT's are.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
1) Shigeru Miyamoto
2) Balloon Fighter
3) Metroid
4) Mach Rider
5) Laguz: Tibarn, Lethe, etc...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
In my opinoin all ATs should be generic characters. Generic characters can't be playable, so why not just make them an AT? I'd rather have my favorite characters such as Toad and Balloon Fighter not be an AT if they aren't playable, because then he won't just decide to keep them as ATs next time around.

Generic characters make for perfect ATs, because they don't have a chance of getting into this game, they don't have much of a chance of getting into the next one, and there are so many of them.
i agree with this guy, and im sad that goroh got AT'd

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Generic characters are exactly what shouldn't be AT's. We already have 2 AT's and neither are generic, they are recognizable individuals who just couldn't be completely "Smashized" (as some call it), so the next best thing is AT's.

These characters may have some moves laid out for them, but wouldn't be able to create a successful complete moveset; this statement happens to be a good description of a lot of character suggestions on this forum, they also happen to be exactly what AT's are.
The Nintendog is generic; in the game you can make your own Nintendog. The Hammer Bro. is generic; there are many different koopas who are hammer bros.

Goroh, of course, isn't generic, and I think it was a bad idea to make him an AT. A few other non-generic characters will probably be made into AT's, but only the really minor ones should do this. Characters such as Balloon Fighter; who starred in his own game, and Toad; who has been a very important part of the series, should not be restricted to an AT. Characters such as Epona who would be hard to make a good moveset for, may work well as an AT.

Jabroni

Smash Cadet
1. A metal gear
2. Metroid
3. Andross
4. Revolver Ocelot
5. King K.Rool

I think AT's should just be things/carachters who wouldnt/couldnt fit in the game.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Boo to everyone who has suggested Toad. He MUST be a playable Character!

That's a very good point, and is probably the case.

This is untrue. There are 3 ATs currently... A hammer bro (generic character (Not Hammy)), a generic Nintendog and Samurai Goroh. So you loose. Generic characters all the way.

New list:

1). Chain Chomp
2). Bullet Bill
3). Boo
4). Boomerang/Fire Bros
5) A Toad (Toadsworth; Toadbert; Fice T. whoever! But not THE Toad! He is a PC)

EDIT: Digifreak must've posted as I was writing!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'll agree Nintendog is generic, I forgot about him, but Hammer Bros aren't generic...they're semi-generic, as they are not just "koopa" but neither are they exact same person(s) every time.

If I wanted a common assistant, I'd use a Pokeball. I want to use an AT and see a recognizable figure come out and help me, like assists in Marvel vs Capcom. Hypothetically of course, you'd rather see a generic koopa, goomba, or boo come out of an AT rather then their leaders such as King Boo and Bowser? (Granted Bowser's a character, but just for reference and hypothetically).

I'm sure you'd rather King Boo instead of normal boo. It works the same for everyone else.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
I'll agree Nintendog is generic, I forgot about him, but Hammer Bros aren't generic...they're semi-generic, as they are not just "koopa" but neither are they exact same person(s) every time.

If I wanted a common assistant, I'd use a Pokeball. I want to use an AT and see a recognizable figure come out and help me, like assists in Marvel vs Capcom. Hypothetically of course, you'd rather see a generic koopa, goomba, or boo come out of an AT rather then their leaders such as King Boo and Bowser? (Granted Bowser's a character, but just for reference and hypothetically).

I'm sure you'd rather King Boo instead of normal boo. It works the same for everyone else.
NO! Assist Trophies are the non-pokemon answer to pokeballs. For all generics!

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Isn't the point of having AT's so that popular characters that couldn't be made into full characters for whatever reason have a spot in the game?

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like the idea of a Boo being an AT because he just doesn't really fit what seems like an AT should be. I think I'd rather have neither be an AT, and add King Boo as a character in a later game. (Not important enough for this game, but maybe the next or the one after that, especially if there is a LM sequel)

EDIT:

Isn't the point of having AT's so that popular characters that couldn't be made into full characters for whatever reason have a spot in the game?
Having those characters be AT's will lower their chances of being in the next game. For instance, let's say that Balloon Fighter is an AT (ack!) and his 'power' is to fly around and knock into people. This AT could get so popular that the Smash Team decides to keep him as an AT in the next game rather than letting him be playable.

Some characters, such as Epona (as stated in earlier post) that are not generic would work well as an AT, but most non-generics should just wait to be a character next time.

This is just my opinion, and it may not be right, but I don't want one of my fave. characters to be an AT forever. ;)

Linari Sabre

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that AT are for generic characters. I think that it's for character that fit for that purpose. Don't ya think so.

Sorry for saying this. I highly doubt that there will be a another smash.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I think that AT's are going to be very flexible. There are going to be a ton of characters with it from all different varieties. They can be generic, or not.

And do you guys think the AT will replace pokeballs, or be an addition?

And Kabyk:
AT's will be just like pokeballs were. If you get a strong character, your lucky. But they might add AT's that will be the equivilant of Goldeen.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
if they stopped making pokemon then maybe they would get rid of the pokeballs, but untill then hell no

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say make them all generic but there are some characters I would rather not see at all, than be turned into AT's.
Mach Rider
Baloon Fighter
Diddy Kong.
People have suggested them to be turned into AT's, and I just can't see it.
If thier not playable don't rub it in by turning them into AT's.

1.Waddle Dee's
2.Takamaru
3.Eggplant Wizard
4.Thwomp
5.Gooey

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say make them all generic but there are some characters I would rather not see at all, than be turned into AT's.
Mach Rider
Baloon Fighter
Diddy Kong.
People have suggested them to be turned into AT's, and I just can't see it.
If thier not playable don't rub it in by turning them into AT's.
Right, Sakurai should just forget to put them in the game. :D

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i hate it when people suggest characters they don't like as AT's simply because they don't like em

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
1. Midna
2. Kamek
3. Tails (If sonic is in the game)
4. Metal Gear (any verison)
5. Baby Bowser

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
These are my wants, not predictions.

1. Blooper
2. Kracko
3. Links Uncle
4. Captain Olimar
5. Shy Guy

In no particular order

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
1. Toad (pretty much guaranteed after release of AT)
2. King K. Rool
3. King Boo
4. Wolf (I don't think he's going to make the cut)
5. Waddle Dee

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
1.Laughing Dog

2.Fawful

3.Elite Beats Agents

4.Toad and/or Waluigi(either one or both,they're both decent mario characters but they shouldn't be ATs.)

5.ROB

Also,why does everybody want Ballon Fighter to be an Assist? I think hes a good character,and he had a decent shot at being a PC...

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Hmmm... Gee, that's a toughie. Especially if you're trying to be fair and non-biased...

Well, honestly, I'm expecting some combination of Toad, B.J. and Waluigi to be playable. Whichever one of those three doesn't make it will likely be an AT.

Probably Andross... And a Space Pirate.

Definately Dixie...and Zant.

So I guess my top five are:
1) Waluigi, OR Bowser Jr., OR Toad
2) Dixie
3) Zant
4) Andross/Some Star Fox villian who isn't Wolf.
5) Space Pirate/Metroid/Bounty Hunter

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
1. Ridley
2. Andross
3. King K. Rool
4. Wolf O'Donnel
5. Someone from Metal Gear

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
5-Duck Hunt dog (Duck Hunt)

4-Ashley and Red (Wario Ware series)

3-Kat and Ana (Wario Ware series)

2-Chain Chomb with Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (Mario series)

i want it more like Partners in Time style (pocket chomp)

1-Kirby's friends (Kirby series)

^^^Kirby's friends deserve it.:)

Dotcom

Smash Lord
wtf.
Ridley
ummmm, yeah there's going to be alot of mobs if the only inclusion Ridley get's in this game is going to be an AT and a trophy.
think that maybe the most, or second most outrageous AT suggestion so far.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
wtf.
Ridley
ummmm, yeah there's going to be alot of mobs if the only inclusion Ridley get's in this game is going to be an AT and a trophy.
think that maybe the most, or second most outrageous AT suggestion so far.

Yes but since when have Nintendo ever cared about its fans?

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
1.Kracko
2.Metroid
3.Bullet Bill
4.Roy
5.Giant Bullorb (Pikmin enemy)

Froboy

Smash Apprentice
I don't have 5, but I have 1 that I would give both of my left nuts to have as an AT.

1. A flock of Cuccos!

Imagine that power in the palm of your hand.

Top Bottom