• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Titan- A Toon Link Combo Video

Santi

Smash Lord
I figured it was time :) I haven't had much video of my Toon Link in a while. I did this on purpose because I was at a stage in my game where I was experimenting, I did not release any friendlies or matches of my Toon Link for months because I didn't want people telling me "ooo don't try that Santi.. use this move instead" or something along those lines which would stunt the growth of my game.
I wanted to try new things and just be creative without having to worry about people critizing my attempts. I did not want to do the usual TL that we knew was safe.

My game is a lot different then it was a year ago ha. Thank god :) My gameplay has changed to more of a stab jab then grab kind of game and edgeguard.
I know it's probably not as entertaining as Bair Naked Bonage but I wanted this video to be an accurate representation of what my game is like now a days.

Sorry for the midnight/late night release agaaiinnnn haha.

Sorry I took so long deciding song/title. I kept changing my mind. The video might be in crap quality for like the first hour or so, but it should get better and you should be able to watch it in high quality soon after that. I still feel like I rushed this video but ohwell. I hope you guys like it and the video is able to show people what Toon Link is really made of :)

I have had such a great time on these boards meeting new people and getting to know my "TL boys" :chuckle:
I appreciate all the advice people have given me over this year, because my game would be no where close to where it's at if it wasn't for you guys. So for that I say thank you :)

Now without further ado...

I present..

Toon Titan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELCRQK-f478

I love yall.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wish i could spike as effectively as you. @@

Great video!

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Very impressive. I went back and watched the other vids you posted and it's like looking at a whole new player...

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ok, now I actually watched it, annd.. I realize that you lied telling me that I was the best TL in tx. Haha, you are a legend my friend, a legend. Only a TL main can understand the true pro ness of this.

I'm gonna have to delay my combo vid even more now, just so people can soak this up, and realize TL means serious business!

You ****ing arrow'd to spike a snake... I dont even know what emotion to have after seeing that

Santi

Smash Lord
AHHH I'm glad you guys like it :) thank yous.

LOL thanks Jerm :) :)

**** in pants isn't an emtion btw. hah jk ;)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*inserts a buncha praise before actually watching the video*

*comments on 3:10 before actually watching the video*

You know, I'm thinking of doing the same for myself, with a Kirby video: watching my old Kirby "compilation" videos, I sucked back then. >_>

Anyway, watching it now.

edit: 3:10 was perfect, and the end clip was too good

I dunno what else to say, you handle Toon Link masterfully.

Jab to grab really works? @_@

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Santi is defiantly way too good. <3

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I did not want to do the usual TL that we knew was safe.
Charging arrows, Near-death gimps, Grabbing, Crazy-*** Spikes! You weren't kidding were you. :laugh: Santi is just DAYUM!

Awesome playstyle. Watching this just shows me how outdated my style is. XD

Keep it up. Nice song choice.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Really great Santi.

Hell Yeah, 3:10. :chuckle:
Real fun to watch, you did a great job with it.

Has that been announced already? I'll have to make sure I can get there, can't miss it when FAST1 was my first tourney. ^_^

CY

Smash Ace
posting at school right now so i have to wait until i get home to watch it. i know it will be epic though :D

did you put that clip of me and you from FS5? lol

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Toon link videos are my favorite. Makes me want to main the character more and more.

Who was the G&W in your two clips? It's light blue, so it's possible it was me. Though I'd hate to admit I was the G&W at 3:10 ><

Dojo

Smash Champion
He is currently dead to the world right now, so I'll answer a few questions or whatever.

Santi awesome vid!

You should of released it on the 10th of March though:

:D
He actually wanted to, but we didn't have it finished in time.

did you put that clip of me and you from FS5? lol
Yes, yes he did. :)

Who was the G&W in your two clips? It's light blue, so it's possible it was me. Though I'd hate to admit I was the G&W at 3:10 ><
Lol, don't worry Zac, it wasn't you. :urg:

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Santi this is imo ur best video to this day. Jab grab is too good. Those crazy spikes, the 3:10 ;), the wall techs and everything. Santi ur awesome <3 ur video.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Every second of that video was sexy! In my opinion this Toon Link combo video stands out from the rest cause of the many different things Santi does.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Lol 3:10

I said on youtube it's all about the grabs and jabs :)

But needs moar bombs. Like iZAC, safe spike, other set ups

Santi

Smash Lord
Lol 3:10

I said on youtube it's all about the grabs and jabs :)
Jab and grab son :)

But needs moar bombs. Like iZAC, safe spike, other set ups
This is why I didn't release anything prior to this video.
Or else my style would be more bombs and iZAC.

I did a variation of the safe spike. I performed it on the Kirby before 3:10

I did not want to do the usual set ups also because it will get pretty old and boring. And I play Toon Link to have fun and do cool things not to spam and be boring :)

+ I didn't want to give everyone Bair naked bonage 2.0 or TOon nasty2

NonoTEC

Smash Rookie
When I saw "Toon Titan- A Toon Link Combo Video by Santi" on my Youtube channel, I almost jizzed. =P

Awesome video Santi, Cheese and Obama for life! =D

Lobos

Smash Master
No sound at my work computer :p nice vid, I lol'd at the end. I'm gonna work on my combo that rivals 3:10 "wink wink"

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
this is soo different from your old combo vid. jab and grab is awesome, wall tech is amazing and soo much more D: i understand Tinks moveset but the way you displayed it made me speechless.

pure awesome

KRDsonic

Smash Master
This combo video is so good, that when I went to watch it a 2nd time, and my laptop glitched on me and wouldn't let me click links, I restarted my laptop that takes 15-30 minutes to restart just to watch it one more time... twice!

Seriously though, I'll probably end up watching this combo video at least 50 times, and I never even cared much about Toon Link before this xD.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Viet will never be as good as Santi.

Santi inspires people to play TL

and I just noticed that your style is like... different. It's amazing how varied TL can be. I didn't see many zairs, but it somehow didn't appear to me the first time, showing that you can be just as good without zair->nair etc.
Is jab-grab guaranteed?

Hyro

Smash Lord
I did not want to do the usual set ups also because it will get pretty old and boring. And I play Toon Link to have fun and do cool things not to spam and be boring :)
^^^^best post ever.

Like I say, don't play to win, play to look good, and holy hell, that **** looked GOOD.

Jabbing Lucas from his tether is seeeex and I had no clue charged arrows knock snake off his cypher. I love Toon Link's various styles, we're all so different!

P.S. No, jab to grab isn't guranteed lol

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Lol no jab grab is a mindgame :p. After the first jab grab they will probably be conditioned to spotdodge the grab so u use upB instead or complete the jab to punish said spotdodge ;).

Top Bottom