• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Q&A and FAQ Thread <- VISIT THIS THREAD BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
That's actually very interesting.
I'll try to test some stuff later today.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
ok so we all know about the pushing power of the Dair, so i was thinking why dont we use it to gimp ppl who try to grab the edge? do you think we can you this more or is it to situational to be good?(i didnt know where to post this so sry if its in a bad thread)

Ex. MK does SL and misses you, you Dair the ground next to the ledge, he gets pushed away from ledge and dies.(ive dones it before once.)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Its an old idea, but it's basically discarded because the situation never arises in which that would help.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Oh... i didnt know im sry i didnt mean to put up an old idea. ill go back to thinking.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
For a killing move set up cant we just throw the boomerang the wrong way wait for it to start coming back and then grab them down throw and then up smash them when they get hit by the return?

Another thing can we make some sort of grab release combo? because i was thinking something like grab release -> Dtilt -> Zair(or something.)

i just dont like how noone is doing anything we need to be asking questions and trying something because break throughs arent found by doing nothing.

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
For a killing move set up cant we just throw the boomerang the wrong way wait for it to start coming back and then grab them down throw and then up smash them when they get hit by the return?

Another thing can we make some sort of grab release combo? because i was thinking something like grab release -> Dtilt -> Zair(or something.)

i just dont like how noone is doing anything we need to be asking questions and trying something because break throughs arent found by doing nothing.

i grab release > D tilt a lot and at low percentages your opponent will trip so that can be followed up wit another move. At high percentages the opponent flies too far, but at medium percentages (40-80 or so) the opponent flies but not that far so maybe a Z air could string itself into a quick attack (Nair up smash ect)

i say its definitely worth a try

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Does grab release Dtilt really work? Do they release close enough for you to hit them with a Dtilt, or is this just on a certain character?
It sounds cool though.

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
Does grab release Dtilt really work? Do they release close enough for you to hit them with a Dtilt, or is this just on a certain character?
It sounds cool though.
it does work...but if the opponent is expecting an attack after the grab release it can be shielded and possibly shield grabbed depending on the character on the character.

my best results from grab release >d tilt were on the second phase of frigate orpheon. it was on the slant

and as far as i know they always release close enough for a d tilt or maybe another tilt

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
o and i just remembered...dont try grab release d tilt on pit and falco...to my knowledge they can jab before the d tilt comes out

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
I'm glad that i came up with something. i was worried that i would never come up with something. thats Bshaw for posting all the info.

you might not was to do the grab release to MK either. his Dtilt is faster and combos better.

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
no problem fezz, i'm glad i can help in some way

oh and is there a way for TL to exploit wario's grab release effectively?
i've been trying to find a way and i'm not sure if up smash or up tilt will be able to hit...

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Is this supposed to be the Q&A?

Is this known?

(Mario at 0%)
bomb toss up> grab> pummel> D-Throw> bomb lands on them> Bair> Bair> grab> X3 pummel> D-Throw> Bair> Bair
(does 69%)

(Mario at 0%)
Zair> grab> pummel> D-Throw> Bair> Bair> grab> X3 pummel> D-Throw> Bair> Bair
(does 66%)

The second grab on these can true combo. Bair has a strange hit box it seems. So when I hit them it put them in front of me sometimes. The other times they can get out of it.

This was done on a CPU that could not DI worth crap. I doubt you can get the full thing out in a tourney but it is something nice to remeber.

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
Is this supposed to be the Q&A?

Is this known?

(Mario at 0%)
bomb toss up> grab> pummel> D-Throw> bomb lands on them> Bair> Bair> grab> X3 pummel> D-Throw> Bair> Bair
(does 69%)

(Mario at 0%)
Zair> grab> pummel> D-Throw> Bair> Bair> grab> X3 pummel> D-Throw> Bair> Bair
(does 66%)

The second grab on these can true combo. Bair has a strange hit box it seems. So when I hit them it put them in front of me sometimes. The other times they can get out of it.

This was done on a CPU that could not DI worth crap. I doubt you can get the full thing out in a tourney but it is something nice to remeber.
it looks like after the first set of double bairs in your combo the opponent can easily DI out of it, but if the opponent doesn't DI i dont think there's still a guarantee that the grab after will connect and continue the string...so yea the out come of that combo pretty much depends on the opponent

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
it looks like after the first set of double bairs in your combo the opponent can easily DI out of it, but if the opponent doesn't DI i dont think there's still a guarantee that the grab after will connect and continue the string...so yea the out come of that combo pretty much depends on the opponent
They can DI out of it. It's really easy too.
However, when the Baie knocked them in front of me if looked like it true combo'd. They can stoll probally DI out of it though, but since the direction is different from what they exspected they more than likely wont DI properly. In fact, they might DI into you (they were going to DI right away from you but you are put to their right so they will DI into you).

What is known about the Bair doing this and where is this hit box located?

somebody555

Smash Rookie
Will a Toon Link player be nice enough to show me some of his AT's? I still dont understand most of them.
Also any tips for SHDA? I can do it in all the speeds in training but I dont do it as often as I want in normal speed.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
For SHDA, its recommended that you use either X or Y to jump. (I use X)
You tap X, then press b as soon as you can. Then press B again.
Don't spam the B button, you have to time it correctly.

It just takes practice.

Approximate Bair hitbox:

somebody555

Smash Rookie
For SHDA, its recommended that you use either X or Y to jump. (I use X)
You tap X, then press b as soon as you can. Then press B again.
Don't spam the B button, you have to time it correctly.

It just takes practice.

Approximate Bair hitbox:
Thanks. I can see when I have to do it. Im just not quick enough. Also I play Wiimote.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Then this should be even easier for you. Hit c and immediately hit B as you approach the top of your hop. Then just time the quickdraw correctly.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
About the SHDA i spam b.... IM A SHAMED!
because i use L to jump then i press b alot and i SHDA.

ANYWHO! i found that if snake is in the middle of FD you can Fair -> Nair -> Fair -> Nair.

what happens is the Fair hits and he has the stun from that and the Nair gets off right before you hit the ground and the with that stun do it again. if he trips you can land and do a Dsmash. this is at low precents.

Btw, if you get that last Nair and you keep with him when he falls of the edge you can Nair again jump Nair -> Nair and kill him because it will put him way out there at the bottom of the screen.

Mystic101

Smash Cadet
The best way to SHDA is changing Z to jump and Y to grab ( i turn tap jump off) although many like using L or R for jump.
you can slide your finger off Z fast and press b right away it makes SHDA really easy(as easy as a AC Nair), along with wavebounced SHDA and wavebounced charged arrow. (the wavebounce must be preformed by imputting your turn around arrow at the same time you would preform the 1st arrow in SHDA)

SHDA from Y or X is quite possible but inconsistant if you dont have the finger speed down, it also makes wavebounced SHDA very hard to do.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I leave my controls the same, but I do sort of a flicking motion for the second arrow.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lol Zair to bair, I never thought of that o_o. Was always Zair to Nair...

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
is there a way to Zair into a RAR in an instant??? if so Zair > Bair could be really effective

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I do SHDA normally :/ u guys dont have tech skill :/. Play melee. lol. And no there is no way to RAR after a zair our initial dash is too long. Just bair normally or nair.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. I was practicing doing that SHDB throwing them up, and one time I threw both up, but the bomb that came down first exploded in the air and the 2nd one was right behind it. what happend was that the 2nd bomb bounced of the firsts bomb auto-explosion like it bounces off of shields. Has anyone else done this before? if so, how'd you do it? it was cool. I couldnt do it again.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
TL mains, a quick question. You know his bombs? Can you glide toss them? Because I've been trying to do it for ages yet every time it comes out as a smash throw. It's kind of annoying, since I'm so used to glide tossing with Peach...

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
TL mains, a quick question. You know his bombs? Can you glide toss them? Because I've been trying to do it for ages yet every time it comes out as a smash throw. It's kind of annoying, since I'm so used to glide tossing with Peach...
Nope, jump cancel throw it. TL has no glide toss.. It sucks eggs that he doesnt.

ninjablah

Smash Cadet
was there an OP for finding other friends that are toon links. so we can train against other great toon links

if so can i make a new one cause i cant find it on the OP finder :confused:

Top Bottom