• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link is not Wind Waker Link

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, Tingle sucks, there was a reason why he wasn't in Twilight Princess...

Anyway, I think we have all established that Toon Link is Wind Waker Link, and I don't see how anyone can see it otherwise.

Tingle is popular in countries that aren't America. The guy also has 2 games of his own, and Tingle really didn't fit the tone of TP. If American opinions really affected the Japanese games, Brawl's roster would be different.

Also, Toon Link is WW Link. Anyone who disagrees is a Communist.

jamin686

Smash Rookie
I guess he must've murdered WW Link and jacked the Master Sword and Mirror Shield from him.

Let alone that pig in his victory taunt. Explain THAT one. I love those guys.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Wind Waker was my favorite of the cel-shaded games, though they were both good. I like Toon Link in general, if there were only fewer glitches with him :(

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
it's not WW Link, Toon Link resembles Link from PH, WW, FS and MC

but the character was based on young link's moveset, thus failing as an original character...no foursword or phantom sword, no new items

PH was released while they were busy, so no PH items or refferences, just like here were no sunshine or WW refferecnes in melee

same reason there is no Mario Galaxy refference in there

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
And Link isn't Twilight Princess Link... OHWAIT

I shouldn't have replied just now. Oh well.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I know the title is weird, but there's something I just wanted to say: I don't like Wind Waker, but I still like Toon Link. Why? Because he's also the Link that was in Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass, my favorite Zelda games. Sure, he has the Wind Waker, but then, why does Twilight Princess Link enter in a vortex of wind? Link is all normal Links, and Toon Link is all of the cartoony Links. That's why he's called Toon Link, and not "Wind Waker Link" or even "Cel-Shaded Link", besides the fact that those names would sound very awkward in-game.
#1 Phantom Hourglass Link and Wind Waker Link are the same.

#2 Wind Waker Wasn't called Wind Waker in Japan, so they wouldn't have called him that anyways, and since the naming scheme is decided by the japanese....

#3 Wind Waker Link, or Baton of WInd Link (what it was called in Japan) would be too long winded and gay.

#4 that is still who he is

#5 it doesn't matter

done.

LinkTer

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by RedMage8BT
Link is all normal Links
Then why does he have the Gale Boomerang and not the Boomerang
and the Clawshot and not Hookshot

The Gale Boomerang and Clawshot are TP exclusive items.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
People will find any reason to argue, I swear to god. Somebody lock this thread.

Top Bottom