• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Today I Almost Got Crushed on the Bus

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=4737]Today I Almost Got Crushed on the Bus[/drupal]

Today, on my bus ride home, I decided to sit in the seats where two people can sit next to each other because all of the singles were taken. I chose the first one I could find with those things that let the driver know you're getting off. Shortly after getting on the bus and waiting for it to leave, a train had dropped off it's huge load of passengers; the bus was now congested as usual. Typically, people in NY hate sitting next to other people, but I'm one of those people who don't really mind. Then all of a sudden, after closing my eyes for a few seconds my seat suddenly decreased in height... This time, the person sitting next to me was fairly obese.

Eventually, it was time for the bus to take off. I didn't mind the person sitting next to me, I really never care, it's just that...this time was different. Upon reaching a tight turn, the person sitting next to me had slipped right on to me. I couldn't breathe and I felt my ribs being compressed by the force of this person. I was actually scared for my life and dignity. I didn't want to die, but if I were to, I wouldn't want to be known as the guy crushed by the obese woman...

Well either way, this situation made me wonder. For those who take public transportation, how do you feel when someone of big stature comes onto the bus?
And for anyone who might be obese themselves, do you feel that people wish you weren't on the bus at all?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh my gosh. This is why I walk pretty much everywhere, but lmao.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Just remember to sit in such a way so that you wont be the one getting crushed. If you are sitting in the wrong seat and they ask to sit next to you, get up and offer them the seat next to the window >:/

Fat people need to realize they can kill someone with that fat. I am not joking.

either way I could care less if someone obese is on the bus. just take your precautions, don't expect them to do it for you, fat or not fat.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Call her a fat *****....hey, she won't get NEAR you after that.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I dislike large people. They're such a social burden. Having to tiptoe around words like "large" and having to slow my pace. :urg:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I would probably just give up my seat as with any physically impaired person.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If it's a school bus, you're screwed. Most I could say is ask to sit on her lap next time, walk home and get jumped (least you have a better chance of living), or stand, if the driver permits.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'm always afraid of fat people
"oh god don't eat me please"

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Only in America do you have to fear for your life of getting crushed by a morbidly obese 400 pound woman.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Only in America do you have to fear for your life of getting crushed by a morbidly obese 400 pound woman.
Indeed an interesting way to go, though... Either that or you're forever lost in the layers of unending fat and would have to survive off eating other things that got caught up in between her rolls.

Bear Grylls should make an episode like that.

Only in public transportation would that ever be an issue you mean.

I have never had to deal with this issue before at all since I never used the bus. A town of 20,000 will not have public transportation, and living within 10-15 minute walk of everything does not require public transportation either.

Although, no matter how you feel about obesity, is there really a whole lot that can be done about it? I honestly cannot think of many examples outside of public transportation where anyone's physical size is an issue to anyone. But if enough people were concerned about situations like this, I could see there being attempts to regulate it some how. Except that is total bullocks.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
Just remember to sit in such a way so that you wont be the one getting crushed. If you are sitting in the wrong seat and they ask to sit next to you, get up and offer them the seat next to the window >:/

Fat people need to realize they can kill someone with that fat. I am not joking.

either way I could care less if someone obese is on the bus. just take your precautions, don't expect them to do it for you, fat or not fat.
Call her a fat *****....hey, she won't get NEAR you after that.
I dislike large people. They're such a social burden. Having to tiptoe around words like "large" and having to slow my pace. :urg:
Or she might eat you.

Tough call.
i'm always afraid of fat people
"oh god don't eat me please"
Indeed an interesting way to go, though... Either that or you're forever lost in the layers of unending fat and would have to survive off eating other things that got caught up in between her rolls.

I'm fat but I'm weirdly okay with this... XD

Patinator

Smash Champion
...That's, uh... that's mildly disgusting. o___o I'd probably start throwing up if some walrus sat next to me. Seriously... people who are 300, 400 pounds or more are... absolutely... disgusting to look at. They might be nice people, but that doesn't count for much when I can't stand to look at 'em >_>

I hope I'm not being offensive. D:

OP, I'd recommend you find a tank and drive it around. c: If somebody tries to squish you, it won't work... :D

ook

Smash Lord
And for anyone who might be obese themselves, do you feel that people wish you weren't on the bus at all?
This is how I feel when I walk onto a bus.

Also, it's kind of hypocritical, but being fat myself doesn't change my disgust for other fat people. I know how much it sucks to sit next to them. So if there aren't any empty rows of seats, I'll probably just stand.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
If I walk home, I get jumped :/
At least you'll probably live that way.

LMAO at this.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My favourite phenomenon is the reaction to hooded black men on public transport.

I'm usually on London Underground (what you Amurricans call the subway), and I remember one time some hooded black youth came into our carriage and like half of the people pretended they were getting of then got back on at the adjacent carriage.

I was just like looooooool

I also love fights on public transport.

Fat people I don't mind as long as they aren't smelly, but it's funny because the seats on all London public transport are really quite narrow meaning if you're American level obses, you can't sit down. :p

Having a sneaky smoke on a London Underground train is also hilarious, although maybe not as hilarious as that drunk guy who took a piss at the end of my carriage.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And I thought Portland's max was weird.

You win Teran. All we got is the occasional rapist who stares at you THE WHOLE TIME. The rest of the time is quiet unless a guy is complementing you on your rainbow hat you got at forever 21.... and you don't want to tell him it's from forever 21..

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man there are a whole bunch of stories I haven't told due to site policy, lol.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Australia is actually the fattest country in the world. :troll:

Also, my strategy is a simple one: DON'T BATHE, DON'T USE DEODORANT, AND DON'T WEAR SHOES OR SOCKS!

No one will EVER want to sit next to you again! :grin:

I actually sat between two 400 plus pound guys in a Coach plane ride before. Fortunately, it was only a 400 mile plane ride (which takes like... 1 hour?).

Also, if you weigh 300 pounds and you are over like 6'4 it can be okay. My dad weighs like 300 and he is minimally overweight because he is 6'7.

And thanks for that squashing video. That was effing disgusting! I don't want your flab eating me like Majin Buu man!

As for the public transportation experiences, who hasn't witnessed weird crap=??? There's a lot of effed up people in the world man. A lot. Like that hobo who tried selling me tabasco sauce, or that white lady who starred me down for letting a man (who was black, and clearly very rich by the Executive business card I saw) borrow my cell phone because his was dead. Seriously, the dude was like 50. When was the last time a 50 year old dude jacked your phone while on a moving train=??? *face palm*

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I sometimes find it sad when I see an obese person who can't fit on a chair tbh. I mean, it must have to suck if you go to an amusement park and you see them either take up an entire two seats to actually get on the ride or have to get off the ride because they simply can't fit in. And then some of them complain it's their genes, when that's the most bull**** John over one's condition to have ever arisen since people came up with the whole being gay is a choice thing. Like honestly, if they had a healthy diet they wouldn't be in their situation. And no, a healthy diet is not dropping from regular coke to diet coke while keeping your super size big macs the same. I mean salads, fruits, exercise, etc. either that, and there's liposuction, but then youre pretty desperate the moment you try that

No offense to any obese people out there

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I weigh about less than 205 pounds. I'm not chubby but a little....obese?

But it's not I'm mostly worried about. It's my facial hair.

But really, I think obesity is something that's not going to easily go away with just diet and excercise.

Top Bottom