• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tobg, roki, and taki vids UPDATE

tobg

Smash Cadet
hey, i first just wanna apologize for the bad quality on the vids, its better than it was at first, we tweaked the settings as well as we could (not too bad for a web cam : \ ). well these are just some friendly matches between me and rokimomi. wed be happy for any critiques or compliments.

Vid 1: me(Doc) v. rokimomi(Mario)
Notes: We dont main either of these, we'll have some of our main vids tomorrow. Also, this was played at 2 AM so we were a little groggy.

ZOMG VIDS NOW WATCHABLE
>If taki's in one, he probably wins...

Roki(Ganon) vs Tobg(Y.Link)
Roki(Fox) vs Taki(Fox)
Taki(Fox) vs Roki(Falco)
Taki(Fox) vs Roki(Falco)
Taki(Fox) vs Roki(Falco)
Tobg(Y.Link) vs Roki(Fox)

takieddine

Smash Master
I think you need to wavedash more. lol...

stop taunting in between stocks, it might cost you.

Stop random capes, and work more on combos from dthrow, utilt and multiple uairs.

P.S. get ready for tonight's ownage!

Miharu

Smash Hero
Ok, one thing. You guys spotdodge WAY TOO MUCH. In that first vid of Falco vs. Fox, I saw about 10 spotdodges in 10 seconds. Not that it's not useful, but when spammed, it's very easily punishable.

I've watched only the first one, and not much to say from that. I'll watch a few later. And learn to meteor cancel XD

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Lol at the two illusion spikes on taki in the first match and the no DI chain throw. Taki you really go to much for chain throws. You could have had that match easy.

lol ok how many times did you get nailed with that illusion Taki?

Met

Smash Ace
The Young link player shouldnt use his forward smash as much because its to slow and you are getting shield grabed. and you have to spam them with range untill you see a opening. even more so when you are playing fox.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Hmm, I see no one realized that that's an illegal ammount of spot dodges. Its called having fun and only playing taki for one night. Didnt get used to him so I annoyed him by trying not to get hit. You should see the spot dodges in the falco dits. Its the only way I get a stock off.

PS: Ill probly quit playing the ******** fox u just viewed until I dont sd at all....that'll take a while.

tobg

Smash Cadet
yah i always fsmash in hopes ill connect with the second one. dsmash makes me feel vunerable but yah. also this was my first time playin taki in like 3 months so it was hard to get used to his insanely fast paced game again. i eventually gave up and just started pichu matching him and stuff, it gets sorta boring having to play witht the same fast paced brutal style that taki plays with, thats why i like playing roki more. hes a much better match for me.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hey your vids were definitely decent but there were still somethings i noticed.
1: you guys made way to many mistakes (E.X.- random up+B's in the middle of the stage)
2: in the fox ditto, when the green fox was next to the ledge and got a grab off, he never threw backwards. Idk if its just me but last time i checked, you guys were technical and throwing someone off the stage is probably the best way to get a shine spike in with fox
3: duh side step dodges

Anyways for the most part, the vids showed your guys's tech skill. Um i have nothing else to say besides are taki and roki boyfriends or something? cuz their names kind of match and its a lil funny xp

Renth

Smash Hero
Hey your vids were definitely decent but there were still somethings i noticed.
1: you guys made way to many mistakes (E.X.- random up+B's in the middle of the stage)
2: in the fox ditto, when the green fox was next to the ledge and got a grab off, he never threw backwards. Idk if its just me but last time i checked, you guys were technical and throwing someone off the stage is probably the best way to get a shine spike in with fox
3: duh side step dodges

Anyways for the most part, the vids showed your guys's tech skill. Um i have nothing else to say besides are taki and roki boyfriends or something? cuz their names kind of match and its a lil funny xp
:tired:

Take it easy on these guys i personally know taki IRL and he's a nice guy

1. People are allowed to make mistakes, not everybody who posted vids are going to be amazing critqueing and giving good advice is fine but there's no use in flaming and making enemies.

2. Taki has a very technical fox i agree, it was right of you to give the advice of throwing backwards into shine no need to say wow wtf why didn't you do this, ever take into consideration their learning and need this type of advice to get good?

3. as far as dodging and tech avoidance is something they need to figure out on their own you cannot really give too much advice on that.

also asking if they are homosexual is about a **** move and a half. Seriously dude just because people post vids it's not to say omg were 1337 it's to ask for critque not omg wtf are you guys doing are you gay because your names are similar? Not hating on you melee marth just saying your being rude :p

Also, Taki the next time Nakamaru comes to visit you and i need to have a lot more matches buddy. You've got nice tech skill you just need to work on mind games and making more openings.

one last thing...

You will die in your sleep tonight...
don't post threats on public boards like that please :laugh: just post back wtf are you talking about and your view points no point in threatening to kill somebody.

pockyD

Smash Legend
chill out renth i don't think he was being a jerk at all -_-; for example, with the bthrow -> shine thing i think that was a way of giving advice, not a "haha you suck" quip

p.s. i'm sorry like 8 different plans fell through for you for this weekend =[

Renth

Smash Hero
chill out renth i don't think he was being a jerk at all -_-; for example, with the bthrow -> shine thing i think that was a way of giving advice, not a "haha you suck" quip

p.s. i'm sorry like 8 different plans fell through for you for this weekend =[
no chill out necessary just saying my view points, he just seemed a bit rude to me that's all nothing big.

p.s. yeah i know what you mean everything went to **** on me lately oh well i'll go back to playing lvl 1 comps :laugh:

takieddine

Smash Master
Everyone chill, if not already.

Double shines DO work really well against that spot dodge, i remember it happening against his either spot dodging or crouch Cancelling Falco's shine.

So was I also using too many spot dodges, because when I saw the videos All my concentration was on countering them...

tobg

Smash Cadet
umm for anyone who plays with taki regularly (like that friday duquesne thing) does everyone who plays fox play as fast as him? becuase if so i pre much straight up suck, otherwise maybe id stand a chance against other foxes. i can deal with mindgames, but i have yet to find a way to match his pure speed. ive beaten his cpt. falcon, mario, falco, and gannon (i think) at least once before but the fox i dont think ive ever actaully beaten in a real match (there have been times where wed play 2 stock v. 4 stock, yes i know quite pathetic). anyway im playing with roy now alot too so maybe it will help me cope with all this crazy technicality and speed

pockyD

Smash Legend
not if you have speed problems

would be better off going with marth and more conventional chainthrows rather than shfflc uair juggles

tobg

Smash Cadet
i dunno i sorta thot that roys range might help me out a bit, im just tired of getting chain-thrown to death and i cant play floaties. really im just trying everything i can, smash is almost boring with taki because of how different we are in skill and/or playing style

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's a lot of criteria -_-

ganon would be the choice, but he doesn't hold up well to fox

marth would be great but you said you can't play floaties (i don't konw why but ok)

i would just go with sheik though

Miharu

Smash Hero
i dunno i sorta thot that roys range might help me out a bit, im just tired of getting chain-thrown to death and i cant play floaties. really im just trying everything i can, smash is almost boring with taki because of how different we are in skill and/or playing style
Try playing...Samus or Marth. Even though they're both floaties, eh, it might be worth a shot.

Renth

Smash Hero
that's a lot of criteria -_-

ganon would be the choice, but he doesn't hold up well to fox

marth would be great but you said you can't play floaties (i don't konw why but ok)

i would just go with sheik though
Ganon would not be a good choice fox runs up to ganon.. ganon goes :urg: what position this time. If the Ganon tries to fight back he just gets shined :laugh:

Fox is mad hard to beat with Ganon.

well... a good fox anyways

pockyD

Smash Legend
i know the matchup sucks for ganon, even though i always beat taki's fox with ganon =D

point was if you want a non-floaty character with range, ganon's your man

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

the best person to stop fox's speed IMO is falco. hes not floatly but he can get chain grabbed. however his SHL will slow down fox. Use falco and hope not to play on FD

takieddine

Smash Master
fox isnt that hard to **** guys. Just pick someone whose attacks are fast enough to juggle, I.E. marth utilting, or roy shuffle uairs, falco etc..

Does anyone know the name of the DI where falco shine only sends you a little bit, even though you are over 100% damage.

Top Bottom