• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toasted Ravs 3

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Big thank you to everyone that came. This was a way bigger turnout than I expected, and double what we've ever had. Officially we had 91 participating attendants! That doesn't include the two kids that came up from the combat studio and borrowed controllers :p I really wasn't ready for the huge number of people, so that's my only excuse for the tournament running so far behind. But now I have several ideas on what to do at the next Toasted Ravs to make things work better. In all reality, this tournament couldn't have run without all the ENORMOUS help from all of you who brought set ups, and all who volunteered to help. And a special thanks to Viperboy for really pitching in and making things happen.

The raffle for the GC controller was a success! I had spent $35 on it, and the raffle brought in $47, so that's a profit of $12 that will go to the next Toasted Ravs tourney. Kind of a drop in the bucket, I guess, but at least I know that people want to see another raffle happen. We'll have more items next time too.

Venue fees brought in a total of $325, which is triple what it's ever been! For those of you that don't know, the place is owned (well, rented) by my in-laws for their Tupperware business (in case it wasn't painfully clear). My mother-in-law was astonished to get that much money back to her. Because of her generous heart she decided to keep only $175 and is returning $150 back to me. She was going to only keep $150, but then I told her that SOMEONE ate her ice cream, even though it was forbidden in the ruleset. Total transparency here, I'm going to keep $60 and take my wife out on a well-deserved date; she had to work extra hard at home with the kids while I was out playing vidgia games. The rest of the money ($90) will go towards the next Toasted Ravs in some capacity. I'm not exactly sure if I want to look into more raffle items, looser/cheaper venue fees, free toasted ravioli catered from Imo's, better streaming equipment, or keep it in a savings that will build each tournament to help pay for a giant tournament someday.

The internet and streaming will be better next time. The venue is having internet cable installed soon (it currently has awful DSL that was probably awesome in 1997), so next Toasted Ravs will see vast improvements in stream quality ...if we can also make sure the commentator camera doesn't stream an image of the room for 2 hours.

I had a blast. Despite having to unclog 2 toilets, I'm still on an emotional high 2 days after the fact. Super excited to see what the next Toasted Ravs brings. Shout outs to follow in thread.
Melee Singles
Toasted Ravs 3 Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
darkatma
$225.00
2nd
Dart
$90.00
3rd
Kels
$63.00
4th
Jace
$40.50
5th
Dekuschrub
$15.75
5th
Bieber
$15.75
7th
Riio
7th
Viperboy
9th
Cookiemonsta
9th
Shinobi
9th
Rfrizzle
9th
Sinister
13th
Hylian
13th
Blitzbolt
13th
Genoblast
17th
Buzzroll
17th
Lemon
17th
Bread
17th
Knox
17th
Roux
17th
Eo
17th
Tim
17th
Pay
25th
Sempai
25th
Fred
25th
Loud4332
25th
Chez
25th
SolarSkurge
25th
Will
25th
Rob Gambino
25th
Stygian
33rd
K1D
33rd
Chihuahua Dog
33rd
Double Helix
33rd
Hinogami
33rd
Taks
33rd
Tonic
33rd
Piematter
33rd
Esoteric
33rd
Wes
33rd
CDW
33rd
Foxx
33rd
JMan3

Melee Doubles

1: Darkatma + Dekuschrub ($114)
2: Kels + Jayce ($57)
3: Sinister + Shinobi ($19)
4: Dart + Viperboy
5: Bieber + Hart
5: Karl + Bread
7: Frizz + Buzzroll
7: Hylian + Vista
9: Pay + Mittens
9: Knox + Rob Gambino
9: Crispy + SLIM AL
9: Genoblast + Blitzbolt
13: Tonic + Saxy
13: Minor Pandemic + MM
13: Puggles + PPBoy
13: Will + Kurt
17: Jman#3 + Chihuahua Dog
17: Tammy + Ebex
17: Pot8O + Ponyboy

PM Singles

Toasted Ravs 3 Project M
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Dart
$288.00
2nd
Kels
$144.00
3rd
Deku
$48.00
4th
Sinister
5th
Darkatma
5th
Rfrizzle
7th
Jace
7th
Jellyfish
9th
Hylian
9th
Bones
9th
Viperboy
9th
Lemon
13th
Jman3
13th
Jones
13th
Vista
13th
Tmacc
17th
Eggman
17th
Sam
17th
Sean
17th
MinorPandemic
17th
Cook
17th
Tonic
17th
Cookiemonsta
25th
DanielTheSeraph
25th
Tucks
25th
Pay
25th
Will
25th
Riain
25th
8oz
25th
Kit
25th
Mittens
33rd
Loud4332
33rd
DanielP
33rd
Matt
33rd
Evex
33rd
MM
33rd
David
33rd
Feist
33rd
MilkMonster
33rd
Alec
33rd
JacksonHal
33rd
Saxy
33rd
Buzzroll
33rd
Ohbizzle
33rd
Austin
33rd
PoopJosh

PM Doubles

Split: Dekuschrub+Darkatma ($67.00)
Split: Kels+Dart ($68.00)
3: Rfrizzle+Vista ($15.00)
4: Viperboy+Lemon
5: Cook+Geno
5: Hylian+Tmacc
7: Sean+Wll
7: Jordan+Kit
9: Kurt+Ohbizzle
9: Tonic+Saxy
9: 8oz+Evex
9: Matt+Alec
13: Riain+Poopjosh
13: Jman3+David
13: JacksonHal+DanielP

Amateur Bracket

1: Ten ($72)
2: Bread ($36)
3: Chez ($12)
4: Ampers
5: Kurt
5: Tonic
7: Wolfy
7: Tammy
9: Saxy
9: ebex
9: Double Helix
9: Will
13: James
13: Stygian
13: Ohbizzle
13: Puggles
17: Hinogami
17: Catalyst
17: Wes
17: Crispy
17: K1D
17: PPBoy
17: Hackman
17: Taks
25: MM
25: Nox
25: Pony Boy
25: SLIM AL
25: 8oz
25: Pot80
25: MinorPandemic
25: Flammable Lion

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Roux

Smash Journeyman
PM Doubles.
*Kels and Ten had to catch the bus at 1AM and melee singles was simultaneously occuring with all the same competitors. It took too long, so Kels and Dart split with atma and deku

Attachments

Roux

Smash Journeyman
AmBrak
*Big apologies on this one. AmBrak started WAY late, so 6 or 7 people left and got their money refunded. I was bad and left them in the bracket as if they forfeited their matches. Therefore their placings reflect poorly on them. Sorry guys.

Attachments

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs to:

Bread - You made the tournament run dude. Thanks for doing everything you did - helping move stuff the night before, bringing your camera, commentating, managing some AV, CoTO'ing, calling matches... Really couldn't have done it without you and I can't wait to attend that tourney that you're running on your own.
Viperboy - Thanks again for the ton of help you gave, especially at registration when the line was out the door. It was super helpful to have a co-TO that had a lot of experience under his belt. Can't wait to see you at more tournaments.
Riio - I really think cashier is the worst job, so big thanks for doing that! If everyone just paid in $5's we would be in heaven. Great work in bracket, you were playing pretty incredibly that day.
Tonic - Big thanks for the additional webcam that got us that player cam shot. I wish we could've taken advantage of that vantage point a little more :p and I'll also lump in 8oz, Saxy, Tammy, Ebex for coming in and helping set up the night before. That was a fun time and you guys were super helpful.
SolarSkurge - Having someone record additional matches at the tourney is the best thing. I was super excited that you brought your whole recording setup, so a big thanks for that. Way to rep Kentucky! (I think I have that right, pretty tough to remember details from that day).
OhBizzle - Another big thanks for another great recording set up. Your videos looked sharp, and I'm genuinely interested in collaborating for some future streaming/recording in tournaments. You=Video, me=audio.
Blitzbolt - Always a pleasure to play against you. You're just enough better than me for me to really learn a lot from playing you. Good to have you back in the scene too :)
Jman3 - Thanks for bringing up the Springfield (MO) crew! Hopefully that scene can start to resurrect a bit and bring some more life towards the Rolla Monthlies. It was fun doing Samus dittos at the end. That was REALLY only the 4th match I had played all day!
Rob Gambino - Nice playing. I was so salty after that. I was seriously MDZ salty. Only for 3 minutes though. That's the sort of match where I pull out my TOJohn's card. I actually learned the MOST about my playing that day through our match. I had a poor mindset going in, and I paid for it. But I def need a rematch sometime soon ;)
Dart - You really brought some good hype in those WF matches. It's always a pleasure to visit you in Peoria, and congrats on making the most money out of everyone at this tourney!
Chester - Thanks for that huge spike in viewership, and most importantly, thanks for watching the money and running the tourney while I went on a much-needed beer run.
Cookiemonsta - Thanks for unclogging toilet # 1. I was really scared of splashing, but you went totally aggro on that s***. Can't believe how hard you rocked the melee bracket.
Hylian - What can I say? You know what to do to run a tourney, and you brought in more people than I did! Thanks for fixing all my fixable mistakes, and editing things on my TIO uploads. I'll capitalize your name in bracket next time.
Darkatma - I really think you're the real person to blame for this tourney being so big. Thanks for spamming my tournament all over the midwest smash scene so I didn't have to. It's super helpful to have a recognized name promote the TR series. Sincere thanks Binyan. Have fun with all that money.
Kels - I still can't believe you were here and not at Shuffle V. When I saw you post that you were going, I was jumping on the couch excited because I really want atma to stop winning all my tourneys. I wish I could have gotten a match in with you, but hey, that's my own fault because I ran the tournament so slow :p It was great meeting you.
Cook - Good seeing you again, but more importantly, I'll see you at the crew battle (which may or may not actually happen).

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Was definitely a great choice for my first tournament. I learned a lot, and could tell the next day when I played. My spacing, execution, knowledge, and attitude have all been shifted for the better now. I look forward to the next Toasted Ravs! Also I ate toasted ravioli there so I'm the true winner

Cook

Smash Master
May or may not actually happen my ass, there's literally nothing more important in this world.

Congrats on the huge tournament and well done running it. One small way to speed things up even more,imo, is to label the setups and call matches to a specific setup so no one has to find a person they don't know. Of course, that's a bit tougher with such a large event where you can't easily see what setups are open from the TO station.

Jman3

Smash Rookie
Samus dittos were fun, glad I got to play with you love to learn from anyone I can (hope I wasn't too easy of a last opponent for you)! We are doing what we can the get something going on down here we all should stay connected for big events. Overall It was great to play with you guys David (Chihuahuadogs) and myself (Jesse) had a blast!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fun things you can do with the rankings system:

Toasted Ravs 3 Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
darkatma
$225.00
2nd
Dart
$90.00
3rd
Kels
$63.00
4th
Jace
$40.50
5th
Dekuschrub
$15.75
5th
Bieber
$15.75
7th
Riio
7th
Viperboy
9th
Cookiemonsta
9th
Shinobi
9th
Rfrizzle
9th
Sinister
13th
Hylian
13th
Blitzbolt
13th
Genoblast
17th
Buzzroll
17th
Lemon
17th
Bread
17th
Knox
17th
Roux
17th
Eo
17th
Tim
17th
Pay
25th
Sempai
25th
Fred
25th
Loud4332
25th
Chez
25th
SolarSkurge
25th
Will
25th
Rob Gambino
25th
Stygian
33rd
K1D
33rd
Chihuahua Dog
33rd
Double Helix
33rd
Hinogami
33rd
Taks
33rd
Tonic
33rd
Piematter
33rd
Esoteric
33rd
Wes
33rd
CDW
33rd
Foxx
33rd
JMan3

I'll update the OP. Make sure and claim yourselfs :p.

Last edited:

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Great tournament everyone.

Double shout out to Roux and Hylian for taking the bull by the horns here for your first larger tournament. You guys did a great job running things. I agree that next time we should label set ups to help speed things up, but we had so many coming in it was a bit too late to designate pm and melee set ups by the time we had 20+ of them.

Bonds - now officially known as bones - you had a strong mewtwo man. If i didn't have as much practice against that one particular character, no way I would have won that. Keep up the good work man

Bieber - great set, really on edge and back and forth.

Deku and Darkatma - you guys were both really, really strong. You've both always been good players, but I feel like you've really stepped it up even more so since the last time I've played either of you. it was awesome to see some familiar faces, hope to see you guys around more

Dart - you're my boy, blue!

Kels - slow down, you're too fast for me. Also, thanks for coming out man

To everyone else - good matches, keep up the good work!

OhBizzle

Smash Rookie
This post was moved from the original thread and lives here now

I'll be uploading the videos I recorded in this post. Right now the list of all the games recorded is here and as I cut/encode/upload the files i'll provide the links next to the matches. I recommend downloading the file from mediafire and using something like VLC because these will be much higher quality and play at 60 fps compared to the 30 fps playback on youtube. It'll take me a while to upload all the matches so please be patient but PM me or reply to this post if you really want to see your match because I can prioritize it. Also if I have the wrong name or you don't want your match online just let me know.

Please note the mediafire link is for downloading not streaming, their video player is very buggy.

P:M Singles
--------------
Riain vs OhBizzle 2:26 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Eggman Vs Pay 2:37 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Pugglez vs Bonds 2:50 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Friz (fox) Vs DanielTheSarp 3:05 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Kit Vs OhBizzle 3:11 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Lemon (mewtwo) Vs PoopJosh 3:34 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Will/Wolfy Vs Feist (Mario) 3:43 [Mediafire][Youtube]
DanielTheSarp vS DanielP(Samus 1st match) 3:59 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Cook (Sheik Start) Vs MilkMonster 4:10 [Mediafire][Youtube]
MinorPandemic (Sonic) Vs Will/Wolfy 4:27 [Mediafire][Youtube]
MinorPandemic (Sonic) Vs Jones 4:37 [Mediafire][Youtube]

P:M Doubles
-------------
Cook GenoBlast Vs Puggles PP 7:12 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Kurt OhBizzle Vs Hylian Tmacc 7:23 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Hylian Tmacc Vs Lemon Viperboy 7:48 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Hylian Tmacc Vs 8oz ebx 8:07 [Mediafire][Youtube]
OhBizzle Kurt Vs PoopJosh Riain 8:45 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Dart Kels Vs Will Sempai 9:11 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Friz Vista Vs Dart Kels 9:22 [Mediafire][Youtube]
OhBizzle Kurt Vs Will (Wolfy) Sempai 9:34 [Mediafire][Youtube]

Melee Amature Singles
---------------------
OhBizzle VS Tamy 10:09 [Mediafire][Youtube]
Kurt Vs Wolfy 10:22 [Mediafire][Youtube]

Friendlies
--------------------
OhBizzle VS Sam 4:52 [Mediafire][Youtube]
OhBizzle VS Lemon 8:28 [Mediafire][Youtube]
OhBizzle Vs Derek (Tucks) 9:50 [Mediafire][Youtube]
OhBizzle Vs MilkMonster 9:57 [Mediafire][Youtube]

Edit: Sorry it took so long but the videos are up! Please let me know if something links wrong or if there is a wrong title/description or you would like something added in either. As far as playing back the mediafire files if it isn't 60fps smooth with VLC, which it probably won't be use MPC-HC with LAV Filters. You can easily install this with the K-Lite Mega Code Pack with the preset that includes everything, hardware decoding may cause playback issues so test this, I personally don't use hardware decoding and get minimal framedrops.

Last edited:

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament everyone.

Double shout out to Roux and Hylian for taking the bull by the horns here for your first larger tournament. You guys did a great job running things. I agree that next time we should label set ups to help speed things up, but we had so many coming in it was a bit too late to designate pm and melee set ups by the time we had 20+ of them.

Bonds - now officially known as bones - you had a strong mewtwo man. If i didn't have as much practice against that one particular character, no way I would have won that. Keep up the good work man
Thanks dude! I still think I suck though haha, I have barely scratched the surface of what I think my character is capable of, and 2 months isn't long enough to build a foundation on anything but fraudulence. You guys will be seeing more of me I'm sure :)

Definitely agreeing with the TO praise as well, this was one of the best run events of this scale I've ever been to. It was kind of annoying that I had to play 2 people from my subsubsub region of KC consecutively in bracket, but sometimes brackets just fall that way I guess. I am definitely interested in attending another one of these in the future, and I'm pretty sure Egman and Jones feel the same.

Lazy shoutouts to everyone I played and talked to that made this event so much fun. If anyone is unsure, I am the guy with the long hair and glasses who had the striped shirt. You guys all know what's up.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Still kinda salty this was scheduled on the same date as another MW regional :/ I'll do what I can to attend TR4.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Had More fun at this tourney than I've had in a while. I hate I had to leave early and miss all the finals though. And Kelly I didn't get a chance to money match you :(. I was ready to take my first dollar from ya. Maybe next time!

Shoutouts:
Bread: Good **** in teams dude. I thought I'd hafta carry you and much to my surprise, my back was pleasantly light. You've gotten much better. Good stuff in getting 2nd in AM bracket too.

Ten: Loren You're really good. I don't mean good for a girl either. You're actually GOOD. You beat me at least 3 times in friendlies (which I think are just as important as tourney matches if you trying equally as hard to win). Plus you got 1st in the Amateur bracket. Keep it up.

DarkBinyan: Good stuff getting 1st as per usual. But even more so with some better competition. Its nice to know that extremely good players lose to you too.

Dart/Jace: I love playing both you guys a hell of a lot. Ya'll are very creative, hella good, and very satisfying to beat (if ever). If Binyan's Marth gets any better, I'm gonna have your number next time Dart. Hopefully I'll meet you in bracket next time Jace. Nothing I love more than Falcon dids on Dreamland.

Shinobi /Samister: Very exciting to see you guys again. Hope you guys come to more things in the future. Good stuff almost beating Jace Austin. I didn't know who to root for.

Riio: Good stuff beating me dude. I usually think its pretty lame to lose in tourney against people that you play against often but this time I didn't mind at all. I was happy lose to my Saint Louis brethren.

Lemon/R-Frizzle: Shoutouts to the PM team for always changing ****. I was partially gimmicked to death in PM by you two. Ggs to Dthrow-->Dsmash and Attack out of Teleport Lemon. Ggs to CF upB-ing people during edgehogs Frizz. I'm so saltly about that lol

All other Random Players: Thank you all for helping me warm-up with all the friendlies. I'm always down to whoop meet and play new people.

Bieber: Paul I almost shed a damn tear during your match with Frizz. Not sure if my CF training helped or not but I'm very happy for your accomplishment. "Finally" lol

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just discovered I left a Wiimote at the Toasted ravs venue. Anyone happen to pick up an extra white wiimote with a chargeable battery pack?

darkatma

Smash Hero
Top Bottom