• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Bottom line: Toad should be in playable Brawl but he won't be. He deserves a spot more than Bowser Jr.
And here you go again trying to bring it back up. I'm not about to argue with you, b/c of the fact that you can't simply read above post. Should Bowser Jr. be playable, I will come to your house in rl with my own personal hand made FAIL sign

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Bottom line: Toad should be in playable Brawl but he won't be. He deserves a spot more than Bowser Jr.
I agree... but I wouldn't hold my breath for either...

... at least I take solace in teh fact that Lyn, although not being a PC, is argued to be maybe the best AT in the demo

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That is the truth.

I would laugh if somehow Mario didn't get anymore playable reps. If we can't have Toad than I don't know why we need anymore. Honestly.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
That is the truth.

I would laugh if somehow Mario didn't get anymore playable reps. If we can't have Toad than I don't know why we need anymore. Honestly.
Maybe you don't know why, but fans of other Mario characters do. Despite what you all may think, Mario may be getting a replacement for Dr. Mario. His franchise is one of the biggest and there are characters other than Toad, who could fit in Brawl. Don't be surprised if you see another rep.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You're right! I forgot about Geno. He's the only acceptable new Mario rep other than Toad.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sure, in your mind(the second part of your statement). I don't see how any humanoid mushroom could actually fit in Smash Bros.
But what you think is not always what Sakurai thinks. I'm sure Sakurai could have made Toad fit. Besides I don't see why he wouldn't fit in the first place.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sure, in your mind(the second part of your statement). I don't see how any humanoid mushroom could actually fit in Smash Bros.
LoL

A small pink alien named Kirby can fit in Smash but not a humanoid mushroom?

Call him generic, but dont tell me he wouldn't fit.

EPX2

Smash Ace
An anthropomorphic fox? Sure!
A fire-breathing dragon/turtle/??? hybrid? Bring him on!
An electric rat? Awesome!
A humanoid mushroom? No way, that's where I draw the line.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
But what you think is not always what Sakurai thinks. I'm sure Sakurai could have made Toad fit. Besides I don't see why he wouldn't fit in the first place.
Neither does what you think, he thinks neither. As far as I'm concerned Sakurai could make anyone fit into the game, even Goomba.

You said it yourself. :)

Does it concern you so much that people like a character? You don't have to like it, but don't call us dumb cause we like him.
I don't recall ever calling anyone dumb.

LoL

A small pink alien named Kirby can fit in Smash but not a humanoid mushroom?

Call him generic, but dont tell me he wouldn't fit.
Kirby actually fights, does he not?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Neither does what you think, he thinks neither. As far as I'm concerned Sakurai could make anyone fit into the game, even Goomba.
Therefore I don't see how your argument against Toad fitting in makes any sense. -_-

I don't call throwing things fighting.
That's funny because that's exactly what Peach does in Melee for her Down-B move. Everything else for her moveset was pretty much made by Sakurai.

EPX2

Smash Ace
That's nice. Doesn't change the fact that Toad has at least demonstrated that he has the ability to fend for himself. Regardless, the "lol, he's never even fought!" argument has been done to death and is still as horrible as it was when it was first used. Mr. G&W NEVER fought (same with Captain Falcon and Fox).

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Therefore I don't see how your argument against Toad fitting in makes any sense. -_-

That's funny because that's exactly what Peach does in Melee for her Down-B move. Everything else for her moveset was pretty much made by Sakurai.
I don't even see why Peach is in to begin with either.

That's nice. Doesn't change the fact that Toad has at least demonstrated that he has the ability to fend for himself. Regardless, the "lol, he's never even fought!" argument has been done to death and is still as horrible as it was when it was first used. Mr. G&W NEVER fought (same with Captain Falcon and Fox).
If Toad can fend for himself, how come he's usually getting his *** whopped in Mario games or kidnapped along with Peach? Captain Falcon and Fox both looks to have the capability of fighting considering their vocations.

EPX2

Smash Ace
... because she's a major Mario character? Seriously, that one's pretty self-explanatory...

If Toad can fend for himself, how come he's usually getting his *** whopped in Mario games or kidnapped along with Peach?
... are you seriously asking me why Nintendo makes their Mario games the way they are? Because that is pretty much what you are saying. We know that Peach can defend herself, yet she's always getting kidnapped. Why? Because that's how Nintendo wants their Mario games made - they want Peach to fill the role of the damsel-in-distress. Similarly, Toad, who's already shown that he can defend himself, is made to appear as a weak character because that's the impression Nintendo wants to give with their Mario games.

What exactly were you trying to prove with that point?

Captain Falcon and Fox both looks to have the capability of fighting considering their vocations.
Looking like you can fight =/= showing you can fight. You suggested that Toad can't even fight (as if that should be used as a reason against his inclusion), and I showed that the fact that whether or not he could fight (which has already been proven as being true) is irrelevant, as the inclusion of several characters in the SSB series has proven fighting prowess is not a major factor in determining who will be included.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
... because she's a major Mario character? Seriously, that one's pretty self-explanatory...

... are you seriously asking me why Nintendo makes their Mario games the way they are? Because that is pretty much what you are saying. We know that Peach can defend herself, yet she's always getting kidnapped. Why? Because that's how Nintendo wants their Mario games made - they want Peach to fill the role of the damsel-in-distress. Similarly, Toad, who's already shown that he can defend himself, is made to appear as a weak character because that's the impression Nintendo wants to give with their Mario games.

What exactly were you trying to prove with that point?

Looking like you can fight =/= showing you can fight. You suggested that Toad can't even fight (as if that should be used as a reason against his inclusion), and I showed that the fact that whether or not he could fight (which has already been proven as being true) is irrelevant, as the inclusion of several characters in the SSB series has proven fighting prowess is not a major factor in determining who will be included.
Using common logic and looking at the vocations of those like Fox and C. Falcon, you can tell that with those vocations you atleast have the common combat skills. Other characters can go in instead of Toad. So what, he's portrayed as weak, ever thought that maybe he's actually weak. Anyone can pick up something and throw it.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Using common logic and looking at the vocations of those like Fox and C. Falcon, you can tell that with those vocations you atleast have the common combat skills. Other characters can go in instead of Toad. So what, he's portrayed as weak, ever thought that maybe he's actually weak. Anyone can pick up something and throw it.
... point? Him not being a widely-impressive fighter (from what we've seen) is still irrelevant because of the simple fact that Sakurai could very easily do what he did with Peach, Mr. Game & Watch (who doesn't have any particular occupation that would lead you to believe he's a capable fighter, by the way), Captain Falcon, Fox, and so on and make up a moveset for Toad. Other characters can go in instead of Toad? Yes... at the same time, other characters can go in alongside Toad.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
... point? Him not being a widely-impressive fighter (from what we've seen) is still irrelevant because of the simple fact that Sakurai could very easily do what he did with Peach, Mr. Game & Watch (who doesn't have any particular occupation that would lead you to believe he's a capable fighter, by the way), Captain Falcon, Fox, and so on and make up a moveset for Toad. Other characters can go in instead of Toad? Yes... at the same time, other characters can go in alongside Toad.
Sure they can go alongside Toad, but it won't happen b/c he's deconfirmed yet again. Good job Sakurai :)

EPX2

Smash Ace
Sure they can go alongside Toad, but it won't happen b/c he's deconfirmed yet again. Good job Sakurai :)
He's just as deconfirmed as Servbot from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was when Tron Bonne used him as part of her moveset... oh wait. Good job, Capcom! :)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
And yet I don't care. It didn't really destroy anything(nice counter though) especially the fact that TOAD IS STILL NOT IN THE GAME REGARDLESS :psycho: Nice to talk when you barely contributed anything( I was also be more than double-teamed as well)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

You said it yourself. :)

Does it concern you so much that people like a character? You don't have to like it, but don't call us dumb cause we like him.
Thanks, prettyman. :)

I don't call dropping pills in a bottle fighting, either, but I guess Doc can fight. And let us not forget that Peach threw the same vegetables as Toad. Peach can fight and, thus, Toad can fight.

Because she's one of the main figures in the Marioverse? Weren't you using the selfsame argument in defense of Bowser Jr.--the whole "important figure" argument?

If just anyone can do it, and if Toad is so much weaker than everyone else, how is it that Toad can pick up items quicker and throw them faster than Mario, Luigi, or Peach?

EDIT: lolz @ Circus' technicality

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Whatever, dude, fact still remains that he won't be a PC.
Ok we get it.

Why don't you just leave the Toad fans alone? You don't have a single good argument against Toad.:ohwell: This topic is attacked constantly with people like you bringing up arguments that have been proved wrong 1000's of times already. It's really getting old.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I will say, to his credit, however, meta_sonic was keeping the thread on the first page

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Eh........uhm.........your welcome? No hard feelings? I just don't like Toad for some reason. I will say that I do like his skills in Strikers though :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't like Sonic for some reason... Doesn't mean he shouldn't be in.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Eh........uhm.........your welcome? No hard feelings? I just don't like Toad for some reason. I will say that I do like his skills in Strikers though :)
Nothing is more satisfying than deking (dekeing?) OVER your opponent's goalie and scoring with everyone's favorite little mushroom. :grin:

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Nothing is more satisfying than deking (dekeing?) OVER your opponent's goalie and scoring with everyone's favorite little mushroom. :grin:
Sometimes it fails and in that case I just pass it at the last minute. While the goalie is knocking out Toad the receiver kicks the ball in the other side of the goal. This works almost all the time with any character and the ball doesn't even have to be charged.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Sometimes it fails and in that case I just pass it at the last minute. While the goalie is knocking out Toad the receiver kicks the ball in the other side of the goal. This works almost all the time with any character and the ball doesn't even have to be charged.
Yeah, I've always wanted to try it, but I haven't played it in a while. I got too frustrated trying to do Yoshi's Pro Challenge or whatever it's called.

Top Bottom