• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To those who don't like Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Seriously, you guys got seriously owned.

You should have seen this coming two years ago.
You should have seen this coming 5 months ago, with the E for All videos.

You don't like the Brawl engine because it's different.
You don't like the Brawl physics because they're the way they should be.
You're afraid that it will attract various gamers to the competitive community that didn't spend 6 years of their life on Melee, and will beat you.
You're afraid of being on as even ground as everyone else.
You're too concentrated on losing your fast ground combos and lag-canceling to focus on Brawl's aerial strengths.
You're just mad that you got owned, thinking this would have all the stuff they left in Melee by accident.
You're mad that Brawl's slower.
You're mad that Brawl's floatier.
You're mad it's not your typical Fox vs. Fox match zipping across Final Destination all day.
You're mad that Sakurai wanted the game this way.
You don't trust he knows what he's doing.
You don't trust that what he's doing is best for the entire community, when really all you care about is your satisfactions.
You're mad that he actually catered to both sides of the community, casual, and hardcore in Brawl. It's all about you.
You're mad that your precious fighting game isn't so one-sided anymore that your brain can go on autopilot with button combos.
You're mad that you wasted $50 on a game you didn't like, and decide to miss out on the fun because you wanted Super Smash Bros. Melee Again.
You're afraid of change.
You're afraid of differences.

If you weren't, you would be playing Brawl right now instead of reading this post.

Have fun missing out on the fun, guys. :p

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Seriously, have fun getting owned by Brawl's critics. You won't have much of an answer then, will you?
Because "owning" me with stale, opinionated arguments makes Brawl anymore like Melee for you, and makes the game any less fun for me? Sorry.

SuperEmma

Smash Rookie

You're afraid that it will attract various gamers to the competitive community that didn't spend 6 years of their life on Melee, and will beat you.
You're too concentrated on losing your fast ground combos and lag-canceling to focus on Brawl's aerial strengths.
You're just mad that you got owned, thinking this would have all the stuff they left in Melee by accident.
You're mad it's not your typical Fox vs. Fox match zipping across Final Destination all day.
You don't trust that what he's doing is best for the entire community, when really all you care about is your satisfactions.
You're mad that he actually catered to both sides of the community, casual, and hardcore in Brawl. It's all about you.
You're mad that your precious fighting game isn't so one-sided anymore that your brain can go on autopilot with button combos.
You're mad that you wasted $50 on a game you didn't like, and decide to miss out on the fun because you wanted Super Smash Bros. Melee Again.
You're afraid of change.

If you weren't, you would be playing Brawl right now instead of reading this post.

Thank you!

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Because "owning" me with stale, opinionated arguments makes Brawl anymore like Melee for you, and makes the game any less fun for me? Sorry.
No. Have fun getting owned in the game. Pretty much all of Brawl's critics include competent Melee players and great Melee players, all of whom are better than the average player at Brawl.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
I kind of think that a lot of the people who go Brawl over Melee are the types who don't care if they get owned at the game.

That's exactly what irks you guys, too. It's such a different game from Melee that saving face no longer applies - established reputations have to be proven all over again, and for those of you who are all about reputation - well, you just can't have that.

Note that the real pros tend to be pretty down to earth and look forward to new ground - we're talking the campus champs and local gurus here. Every fighter has them -that one snide mother****er who laughs at someone playing casually for not knowing what SHFFL is - and Brawl's changes have forcibly shed those players, haven't they?

Wow. What's it like to be so petty?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
No. Have fun getting owned in the game. Pretty much all of Brawl's critics include competent Melee players and great Melee players, all of whom are better than the average player at Brawl.
Then I have no need to worry, as the Brawl critics are too busy criticizing Brawl to actually be playing it for me to worry about their competition, eh?

The assumption of me enjoying Brawl, means I suck at Melee, doesn't work.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
That's exactly what irks you guys, too. It's such a different game from Melee that saving face no longer applies - established reputations have to be proven all over again, and for those of you who are all about reputation - well, you just can't have that.

Note that the real pros tend to be pretty down to earth and look forward to new ground - we're talking the campus champs and local gurus here. Every fighter has them -that one snide mother****er who laughs at someone playing casually for not knowing what SHFFL is - and Brawl's changes have forcibly shed those players, haven't they?
Note that Brawl's critics include a bunch of the best Melee players, whether they choose to play Brawl or not. They'll keep their reputations because they'll still be good at Brawl if they choose to be. It's just that some of them would probably rather not because they just don't like this game as much -- and some of them still will because they want to take your money.
Then I have no need to worry, as the Brawl critics are too busy criticizing Brawl to actually be playing it for me to worry about their competition, eh?

The assumption of me enjoying Brawl, means I suck at Melee, doesn't work.
I've watched competent Melee players who criticize Brawl play it, adapt to it quickly, **** average players, and then continue to praise Melee as the better game. Fact is, whether you like it or not, these people were competent at Melee because high level playing is a mindset that allows them to adapt quicker than the average player.

Unless you're the kind of person who only plays with his brother, there will come a time when you get utterly ***** by someone who doesn't even like Brawl -- and then you won't even be able to complain about wavedashing and L-canceling.

Frames

DI
Honestly now, why would you make a thread like this. First of all, there's plenty of other "To the brawl haters/people who don't like brawl, etc. etc." threads all over the boards. Secondly, who cares if people don't like brawl. You can't change who people are, and you're just going to have to accept the fact that some people will like brawl and some won't, and you can't change that by making a useless list.

felipe1123

Smash Cadet
What a waste of time. I can't believe you bothered to type all that out.

Go play brawl like everyone else lols.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Can we seriously stop making threads like this and get on to making threads towards evolving the game and its competitiveness?
I'd like to actually. This was just my final word on everything to those who hate Brawl.

iliketopoststupidirrelevantimagestocomebackaresponse.jpg

Note that Brawl's critics include a bunch of the best Melee players, whether they choose to play Brawl or not. They'll keep their reputations because they'll still be good at Brawl if they choose to be. It's just that some of them would probably rather not because they just don't like this game as much -- and some of them still will because they want to take your money.
Perhaps some people here have better things to do than bet money on a video game, no?

Honestly now, why would you make a thread like this. First of all, there's plenty of other "To the brawl haters/people who don't like brawl, etc. etc." threads all over the boards. Secondly, who cares if people don't like brawl. You can't change who people are, and you're just going to have to accept the fact that some people will like brawl and some won't, and you can't change that by making a useless list.
Yeah there are others I'm sure, but I wasn't looking for an answer to a question, I just wanted to post my word to those who hate Brawl and be done with it.

What a waste of time. I can't believe you bothered to type all that out.
Haha took me like 30 seconds to type out lol.

I've watched competent Melee players who criticize Brawl play it, adapt to it quickly, **** average players, and then continue to praise Melee as the better game. Fact is, whether you like it or not, these people were competent at Melee because high level playing is a mindset that allows them to adapt quicker than the average player.
Yeah uh I never disagreed with that.

Unless you're the kind of person who only plays with his brother, there will come a time when you get utterly ***** by someone who doesn't even like Brawl -- and then you won't even be able to complain about wavedashing and L-canceling.
At that point, then one would be able to tell that they lost because they are terrible, not because they don't know how to wavedash/L-cancel, no?

kevc

Smash Cadet
lol @ radical, jus cuz the 'pro' meleee ppl say brawl is a worse game does not mean its true

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Only old fogies think this way.

Also who's seriously not liking Brawl and posting in these forums?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Perhaps some people here have better things to do than bet money on a video game, no?

At that point, then one would be able to tell that they lost because they are terrible, not because they don't know how to wavedash/L-cancel, no?
1.) First off, the answer to your first question is no. There is nothing better than making money off of doing something you love. Just becasue it's a video game, doesn't make it any less qualified to be something people care about.

2.) If you can't wavedash/L-cancel in Melee, you're terrible...Only difference is, in Melee, because of how deep the game is...Not being able to wavedash/L cancel just makes you even more worse than not being a smart player. It's harder to be good at Melee, period.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Why do people keep posting this garbage? Its really annoying.

We get it. Brawl is fun. And in a year or so it may be taken as seriously as Melee but until then who cares. Go and play it ffs. I'm an Australian and have to wait, whilst people like you who have Brawl are here repeating what 20 other people have said.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
It's harder to be good at Melee, period.
Nobody's refuting that. However, it doesn't make it a better game by default. ****, it's really, really hard to be tourney level at some stupid **** like pop'n'music... guess it's better than melee.

C WAT I DID THAR?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
It's sad really, the people who get caught saying they prefer melee, play brawl while people like this waste all their time telling those people that they're apparently missing out. Unfortunately the people starting these topics don't understand the concept of irony and will continue wasting their time making these topics forever, which really only adds to how ironic it is.

Corigames

Smash Hero

You're afraid of change.

I have 1... just one:
"You're mad that you aren't good at a game that takes skill."
>_> new guys

spindash

Smash Ace

Can we seriously stop making threads like this and get on to making threads towards evolving the game and its competitiveness?
Poor Horsey. It's looking down on it's corpse right now, and if it could facepalm, it would.

Dogenzaka, I appreciate the effort, but really, we're beginning to move on. A lot of people will agree that Brawl is a more polished video game then Melee by a hundred fold. Many of the professionals as far as from what I've heard, have said this too. But that doesn't mean they're not allowed to look at Brawl with SOME form of criticism. I'm sure lots of people (despite not having established a legacy such as Melee's) criticized a COUPLE of things about Melee, much like there is criticism and Brawl going under the knife. Personally, I enjoy Brawl better as a competitive game, but I DO miss L-Cancelling. However, I do acknowledge that this is compensated for with the decrease on lag on air attacks as Brawl IS more oriented towards this form of gameplay. Also, tripping. Though everyone can agree that was a lil' mistake on the developer's part.

There, I love Brawl better but there's things I miss or feel that should have been in Brawl that was in Melee. L-Cancelling and the lack of tripping.

We've had enough back and forth banters of why Brawl supposedly "sucks" or isn't "as competitive as Melee" with counters from threads such as this. Can these end?

ConeZone

Smash Ace
there are always going to be people who don't like something, you just have to live with it. yes the people who don't like brawl are idiots, but you can't stop them from thinking the way they want...just play brawl and enjoy it, thats what i'm doing, people can't stop you from doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom