• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To All Fox And Falco Users

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would just like to say holy crap how did you guys get to be able to move your fingers that fast... i used to play as them i practiced with fox for a year, i just don't think i have the quick enough fingers to be able to do it... i would just like to point out that i respect you guys like crazy and any tips would be cool, i broke my fingers so i think that might not help me out... but yea i was thinking of trying to get good with fox... and again more respect.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
You know.. I was pretty much wondering this. Playing as Fox, I hardly know where he is half the time. His MEGA super sensitive controls cause me sd's all the time! :laugh:

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Never thought us Fox users would get the due we deserve lol. jkjk Im no pro but i can do all the fox stuff pretty descently(Waveshine,SHFFl,can also somewhat pillar with falco, uhmm, Drillshine, uhm another of that fox stuff)

Well the only advice i can give is, go in to a Versus match with a 2 controllers plugged in as humans, you and just any other character. Go in with infinate time and just play. Thats the only easy way to learn all that stuff. Again its not easy. just practice which is what i tihnk everyone will say. lol Well good luck.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You know.. I was pretty much wondering this. Playing as Fox, I hardly know where he is half the time. His MEGA super sensitive controls cause me sd's all the time! :laugh:
I agree... I've been playing as Fox since the 64 version, and I still SD a ton.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
It's magic. We in fact have fingers of fire.

But we still can't do Luigi's rising tornado lol.
lmaoo how many taps a second do you have to do? Really..isn't that amazing..You think people that CAN do it, can handle fox?

Zink

Smash Champion
14 times per second.
Us F'n'Fs are good with the control stick, not mere button mashing. Unless you are Shiz. Then you can be good at whatever you want.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
14 times per second.
Us F'n'Fs are good with the control stick, not mere button mashing. Unless you are Shiz. Then you can be good at whatever you want.
whos the Shiz?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea i've seen the Shiz videos... *drops jaw* end of story

Edit: the one i saw was called "You Got Shizzed On" Absolutely hilarious

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
DaShizWiz.

Anyway, it's just practice. I mean ALOT of practice. Going into Vs. Matches with Lvl 1 CPUs and shuffl'ing everywhere with Fox.

As for Falco, as soon as you learn SHL and the timing for Dair in the Pillar, you're all set. I main Falco and plan to for the rest of my days.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
DaShizWiz.

Anyway, it's just practice. I mean ALOT of practice. Going into Vs. Matches with Lvl 1 CPUs and shuffl'ing everywhere with Fox.

As for Falco, as soon as you learn SHL and the timing for Dair in the Pillar, you're all set. I main Falco and plan to for the rest of my days.
I find shffl'ing with fox extremely hard.. well short hopping at least

Everyone has their limits for finger speed. . . Mine are pretty fast, but not fast enough to play Fox. It Fox is giving you trouble, try Falco for a bit, I find his style doesn't require fingers that are nearly as Fox player's fingers.
yeah I have tried.. I don't know. Fox is an exciting character that seems to exhilarate me when I play. Thats why I want to learn to play at such a fast speed and have the super human strength to unlock his mega ultra potential. Only that playing against a slow opponent like dorf or boozer could be boring.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
DaShizWiz.

Huh what does that part in bold mean

Edit: Falco deff requires at least less god like hands, still hard

Razed

Smash Ace
Huh what does that part in bold mean

Edit: Falco deff requires at least less god like hands, still hard
Dair means Down+A in the air, short for Down Aerial. Pillering is when you consistantly shine, short hop out, and then SHFFL a Dair. So what he mean by that was, what time to do to Down Aerial in a Piller.

=)

InfiniteFalco1337

Smash Cadet
If you want to get your fingers to be able to move fast enough( not sure if your fingers are in the condition to play with them) practice ALOT, do many melees with friends or even Cpu's, and WOW, Fox and Falco users getting respect? that happens once in a decade lol.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
I can do Fox's waveshine, shffling, etc with ease. I can't do Marth's double sh fair or any of the Mario Brothers' Rising tornado. It's just timing with the buttons.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
i can waveshine with fox and pillar with falco but i cant do marth's swordance AT ALL go fig.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering also, what do you do if you miss the shine spike? Turn and jump back or firefox?

Alsoo I am horrible with the search function. I dont think it likes me. I type something in and it gives me things like tournaments and stuff for like twenty pages... none of what I wanted. Any special I type in or do I search for pages until I find the topic that I want?

A-Laon

Smash Master
It's all muscle movement memory and practice... just had to keep it up for a few weeks and my hands naturally learned the motion until they were comfortable doing it at the necessary speed.

See sig.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Try problem solving, the faster you can think the better. Practice learning the range and damage of each move, as well as knock back, lag etc.

Smash Journeyman
i find it to never be the speed of pressing the buttons but the timing to be annoying imo.
i have fast hands by force meaning the improved cuz i constantly put them under pressure lol.

the timing i always a pain getting it just right etc.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Thanks for the help so far...

Yea i realized what dair meant, its the pillar part of the name i don't understand, thanks though. Hey when you use SHL with falco should you spam it with just reg lazers or constantly be worrying about SHL..

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
tch its not tht we are blessed with fast fingers its simply that we practice enough to get our fingers to move tht fast. its a matter or knowing what you want to do and having your fingers do it. also fox is hard to play but lucky for u their are 2 kinds of foxes

defensive/control fox- laser alot, single hits more then combos, kill early, shine-spike often
combo/active- constantly moving, like all moves, shffle alot

Oskurito

Smash Lord
The key to mastering fox is practice, practice,pratice and more practice If your fingers are slow you can make them fast by practicing alot. I've been playing fox since last year and now i can do all that hard stuff. If you have problem with pillaring, waveshining, drillshine wallless infinite, or.... etc. go to fox forum and ask someone there, or you can ask me if you want.

phantasm42

Smash Rookie
Fox and Falco are the top characters in the game so there are great rewards in learning them. That said they are the hardest characters to learn in terms of speed (Ice climbers beat them on sheer weirdness). I think it is definitly worth it for you to learn them and as everyone else has said, practice is the key.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I don't understand why everyone thinks Fox and Falco are too fast to play with. All you need relax, and go with the flow. Of course you have to observe their speed with attacks and such, but it's not that hard to use them. The only thing difficult to do with Fox and Falco is double-laser. Now that requires fast fingers.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
SHDL isnt too hard either. Slide your fingers, dont lift them. Ummz, fox was hard, falco was harder...at normal speed. Kick it into high gear and falco pwns for less effort but i tell you, at highspeed, fox will look like water. And if you're inventive, so will falco.

I dont think its button speed, I mean it helps alot, but more reflexes. Turning mistakes (wich happen tons) into something good.

All time best lesson : dont mess up.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I dont get why people keep saying it's hard to master fox/falco.It's not,to me that is.Falco just started to flow when I played him.I admit I had to get somewhat better,but not as much practice as you exsagerate it to be.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
haha. i'm not the best falco on the boards but thanks for the compliment (guy who posted this) i will admit though that when i played samus whenever i tried to use fox or falco i always foward b'd off the edge. but now that i actually use falco i can control it better haha. Good luck in Smash!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
SWD's are cool! I miss when I played Samus and would randomly do one (which would take like 20 tries becuase i was very inconsistent) but everyone would be like HOLY CRAP WHAT WAS THAT

Top Bottom