• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Titanfall

Which platform will you be getting this game for

• Total voters

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero

Titanfall is an upcoming first person shooter video game developed by Respawn Entertainment (composed of the developers of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2) and published by Eletronic Arts as an exclusive for Microsoft Windows, Xbox360, and Xbox One.

In Titanfall, players fight in online-multiplayer only matches (no campaign on this one folks) set on a war-torn planet asmech-style Titans and their pilots. Its action is fast-paced, including abilities to run on walls and hijack mechs, and extended periods between player deaths. Respawn describes the game as bringing "scale, verticality, and story" to first-person shooter multiplayer gaming, incorporating elements traditionally used in single-player campaigns.
Release Dates:
Windows/Xbox One
NA March 11, 2014
EU March 13, 2014
AU March 13, 2014
UK March 14, 2014
NZ March 14, 2014

Xbox 360
NA March 25. 2014
EU March 28, 2014

Confirmed Maps
Angel City
Fracture
Lagoon
Colony
Relic
Airbase
Boneyard
Corporate
Outpost 207
Rise
Smugglers Cove
Overlook
Nexus
O2
Training Ground

Confirmed Game Modes
Hardpoint Domination
Attrition
Last Titan Standing

Pilot Weapons
Titan Weapons

Gameplay Video

Noteworthy Mentions

1) Bots are available for PvP matches
2) Players now have the option to only play games with other players in their own region
3) There are no killstreaks/perks

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Anyways I'm gonna list a bunch of reasons why I'm so hyped for this game..

1) It's being made by the same developers who made my 2 favorite CoD games: CoD4 and MW2.
2) No single player campaign, which means they're aiming to create what we all really want; a bad ass multiplayer experience that will last.
3) Free running off of buildings and stuff looks fun as hell... Good luck trying to 360 no scope people running off walls and weaving from building to building.
4) Titans look extremely fun to pilot, balanced, and add an entirely new dynamic to the game... Don't like piloting them? Just have it follow you instead while you run around on foot.
5) Titan mechanic plus the addition of bots means camping is no longer a legit strategy. The more bot/human kills you get, the faster you get your titan. The more titans a team has, the more likely they are to win.
6) We now have the option to only play games with people in our region which means less lag than ever
7) Around 15 maps confirmed for launch and they all look varied and fun.
8) The game is back to being focused on gunplay instead of gimmicky killstreaks/perks (eat a **** CoD).
9) Speaking of which according to the peeps who've played the beta hit detection seems to be better than ever
10) I LOVE how hectic and fast paced this game looks... So much crazy **** is constantly going on and all at the same time: Pilot vs Pilot combat, Titans vs Titans, Pilots vs Titans, Pilots being shot 100s of feet in the air after ejecting from an exploding Titan, Titans being taken over by Pilots jumping on their backs, Pilots making a last minute effort dash to get back to their ship after a loss, etc.

Probably my favorite gameplay video so far since it has a little bit of everything in it:

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
Titanfall will have 10 generations (prestige). With each generation being 50 lvls. some maps will have interactive creatures.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I hope people on pc make custom parkour maps. Damn the freerunning is awesome.

Fingers crossed that when the game drops they don't do crazy updates that break the game balance. I remember playing Hawken when they introduced the medic mech - completely upset every nuance of the gameplay. Please please please don't do the same thing Respawn...

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I hope people on pc make custom parkour maps. Damn the freerunning is awesome.

Fingers crossed that when the game drops they don't do crazy updates that break the game balance. I remember playing Hawken when they introduced the medic mech - completely upset every nuance of the gameplay. Please please please don't do the same thing Respawn...
Is there a map editor? **** now I want there to be a map editor.

Stop posting in this thread, it makes me more impatient

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Is there a map editor? **** now I want there to be a map editor.

Stop posting in this thread, it makes me more impatient
I CAN'T, I'M TURNT

Don't know if there is a map editor, but somewhere sometime someone will find a way to use a 3d editor to import the map files (maybe using unreal engine) and make their own maps. I would be so happy. In general, games that give users creativity and capabilities to create their own mods/maps/etc continue to be fun for much longer than games set in stone from day 1.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I don't think anyone read my comment before maybe I'll say it again. This game is limited to 6v6. Huge maps-no people. Sounds like a blast. If that's your thing that's your thing. No amount of AI can make up for 6v6 to me. Who plays online to play with AI anyways?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Don't knock it till you try it. Seriously, the games would feel overloaded with more than 6v6. I really hate people coming from like, 32 vs 32 FPS games whining about that. It's really not a problem

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't think anyone read my comment before maybe I'll say it again. This game is limited to 6v6. Huge maps-no people. Sounds like a blast. If that's your thing that's your thing. No amount of AI can make up for 6v6 to me. Who plays online to play with AI anyways?
Sure lets just completely disregard map size, map layouts, pilot maneuverability, titan maneuverability, and all of the other factors that come into play in terms of how fast paced the game is. Instead we should all just immediately brush the game off for being 6 v 6.

Sound reasoning.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Sure lets just completely disregard map size, map layouts, pilot maneuverability, titan maneuverability, and all of the other factors that come into play in terms of how fast paced the game is. Instead we should all just immediately brush the game off for being 6 v 6.

Sound reasoning.
Now you're using your head. I can understand this on a console but in the PC world 6v6 is pretty silly. Now matter how big the titan is that you're piloting. I bought a new video card just for this game and like many others complained about the 6v6. Who said anything about disregarding map sizes? I never did. In fact that was my whole point. Some of the maps are huge and there are plenty of places on the net you can see them at. Do you watch maxamillion on youtube? He does a whole video reacting towards the 6v6 announcement and he's a heck of a lot nicer guy than I am. Would you play battlefield 4 6v6? There are plenty of vehicles to get around a map with. Sounds pretty boring right? This game will never see serious competetive play and will be played for its 1 player campain unless they remove the 6v6 restriction. If you're into that that's great.

D

Deleted member

I played the **** out of the beta and and it's basically CoD with more mobility and mechs. I could totally see this taking over the CoD audience and MLG trying it out. The two beta maps I played weren't very big (definitely not BF big), and at times it felt congested because of all the titans running around with player collision on.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Now you're using your head. I can understand this on a console but in the PC world 6v6 is pretty silly. Now matter how big the titan is that you're piloting. I bought a new video card just for this game and like many others complained about the 6v6. Who said anything about disregarding map sizes? I never did. In fact that was my whole point. Some of the maps are huge and there are plenty of places on the net you can see them at. Do you watch maxamillion on youtube? He does a whole video reacting towards the 6v6 announcement and he's a heck of a lot nicer guy than I am. Would you play battlefield 4 6v6? There are plenty of vehicles to get around a map with. Sounds pretty boring right? This game will never see serious competetive play and will be played for its 1 player campain unless they remove the 6v6 restriction. If you're into that that's great.
This is the most close minded **** I've read in a long long time (regarding a video game)

On another note

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
This is the most close minded **** I've read in a long long time (regarding a video game)

On another note
Go ahead and think what you wanna think. I too was hype for this game then I came to my senses. This is fake media hype bull****. This game is another CoD washed out colors over hyped bull****. This game will be considered boring in a month. It's CoD with parkour and mechs.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
the bastardization of the FPS genre because of the cashcow of the call of duty franchise is the sole reason why we can't have nice things anymore

does it have guns? must be another cod clone
does it have regen health? must be another cod clone
is there online multiplayer? must be another cod clone

little do people realize that these criticisms are are the reason developers keep making cod clones because they want a piece of the pie or the audience that cod has, maybe if we stopped slamming everything that just happens to have vague similarities to cod, it wouldn't be like that

rant aside, this seems nice, i'm interested which is something i wouldn't say often because i tend to not care for the current cycle of scripted shooting-gallery nonsense that is the majority of the FPS genre presently

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I made a mistake and assumed this game would have a single player campaign mode my mistake. Even more of a reason for people to not buy this game. Listen- if you like the CoD's and Halo games and find those games competetive then by all means go and buy the game.

It won't have any community driven content like team fortress 2, you will pay for every piece of DLC and map pack thanks to Origin/EA, and titanfall 2 will replace the original within 2 years of titanfall's launch. Mark my words; you're jumping on a CoD bandwagon. If you're ok with games that reproduce every 2 years then this franchise is for you.

Good thing all the people in this thread played the beta, amirite? I love bashing games before I even touch them :D
Right. It's impossible to stream thousands of people playing the beta and having like opinions of the game. No one in gaming history has ever formed an opinion of a game before it came out before when faced with hundreds of facts about the exact mechanics of gameplay(obvious sarcasm).

I don't expect anyone to agree with me in this thread. There are more votes to play this game on a console. That says measures about who I'm more than likely debating with in this thread. You choose to play FPS's on a controller where the X and Y axis are seperated by different analog sticks. The mouse has been compatable with MS-DOS since 1982. Why not take advantage of that technology?

I won't rain on your hype parade though anymore guise. Just be sure to bump this thread 3 months from now and remind me how intuitive, still fun, creative this game is. Tell me how it's the next best thing since sliced bread.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Smashbroskilla this may come as a surprise to you but there are some people out there that actually *gasp* LIKE Call of Duty. This game is being developed by the same peeps who made CoD4, one of my favorite games of all time. This series isn't going to be some rehashed CoD crap that they've been spewing out for years now, they're directly competing with CoD so they're doing everything they can to separate themselves from it, while simultaneously drawing in players from the CoD franchise that are getting tired of the same thing.

Nearly everything you list as a negative I see as a positive, and quite frankly I don't even know why I'm taking you seriously considering you've made it abundantly clear that you're just some elitist PC fanboy that knows nothing about the game which he's complaining about.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I'm a PC player and not really a fan of CoD, Halo was fun with friends, but that's about it, and I haven't ever even touched Battlefield.

Titanfall is fun, and 6v6 is honestly a perfect player limit given the chaos of matches. You might think it's a low number, but once you ever play it, you'll realize it's a sweet spot.

Smashbroskilla this may come as a surprise to you but there are some people out there that actually *gasp* LIKE Call of Duty.
Should also be noted that CoD4 was good until they started milking it for all it was worth.

This series isn't going to be some rehashed CoD crap that they've been spewing out for years now, they're directly competing with CoD so they're doing everything they can to separate themselves from it, while simultaneously drawing in players from the CoD franchise that are getting tired of the same thing.
/thread part deux

Last edited:

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
^actually being this mad

I realize that people can form opinions based on footage, but knowing whether gameplay is slow or fast is not only highly subjective, but also dependent on who was playing. In addition, gameplay speed, at least to me, is more of a feel and not so much something one can observe.

As someone who has played the game, it feels super-fast. You're always shooting or moving to a new objective. The bots, though they are admittedly weak, will likely get a buff in the future. Maybe there will even be a dedicated playlist for easier and harder difficulty bots (which would be awesome).

EA will inevitably drive Titanfall into the ground in a flaming nosedive just like they do with every franchise. We all know and accept that. Is riding the hype train fun, even though we know we're barreling at 90 mph straight into the side of a mountain? Yep, sure is. But that's life, man. Enjoy the good stuff while it lasts. Being a negative nancy doesn't solve anything.

There are more votes to play this game on a console. That says measures about who I'm more than likely debating with in this thread.
I'm buying this game for PC and xbone. Don't act so high and mighty. I want to know for myself which one I enjoy more.

Calm your ****, it's a video game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Should also be noted that CoD4 was good until they started milking it for all it was worth.
It's a shame that the CoD franchise gets such a bad rep these days because a lot of people seem to have forgotten how revolutionary CoD4 was. I'm hoping Titanfall can give me some of that same sense of excitement that I once had with Modern Warfare.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
^actually being this mad

I realize that people can form opinions based on footage, but knowing whether gameplay is slow or fast is not only highly subjective, but also dependent on who was playing. In addition, gameplay speed, at least to me, is more of a feel and not so much something one can observe.

As someone who has played the game, it feels super-fast. You're always shooting or moving to a new objective. The bots, though they are admittedly weak, will likely get a buff in the future. Maybe there will even be a dedicated playlist for easier and harder difficulty bots (which would be awesome).

EA will inevitably drive Titanfall into the ground in a flaming nosedive just like they do with every franchise. We all know and accept that. Is riding the hype train fun, even though we know we're barreling at 90 mph straight into the side of a mountain? Yep, sure is. But that's life, man. Enjoy the good stuff while it lasts. Being a negative nancy doesn't solve anything.
I can respect that. That's a great response.

I'm buying this game for PC and xbone. Don't act so high and mighty. I want to know for myself which one I enjoy more.

Calm your ****, it's a video game.
I'm very calm. I'm at my day job and it's slow. I said my piece about it I'm done ranting about it.

D

Deleted member

/thread

Good thing all the people in this thread played the beta, amirite? I love bashing games before I even touch them :D

Thanks for letting me realize that you know literally nothing about this game.

Anyways... weeeeeeeee
Quit being delusional, it is CoD with mechs and more mobility. It's still fun, though.

There are more votes to play this game on a console. That says measures about who I'm more than likely debating with in this thread. You choose to play FPS's on a controller where the X and Y axis are seperated by different analog sticks. The mouse has been compatable with MS-DOS since 1982. Why not take advantage of that technology?
If you're gonna be PC mustard race, then don't bring up TF2 of all things.

Last edited by a moderator:

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Goddy, I don't know if you have a good reason to use the heavy rocket, but the sidewinder always worked 1000x better for me. Explanation pls

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
If you're gonna be PC mustard race, then don't bring up TF2 of all things.
I never said PC's were the best. Playing a FPS on anything but a PC is pretty silly unless you're using the Hori mouse and keypad for the playstation. I have the Hori mouse and keypad for my PS3 to play with friends.

Why is TF2 not credible to bring up? The game is 7 years old and a huge portion of the game is run by the community. Not to mention valve just paid out over a million dollars to map creators/third party community developers earlier this year. I'm sure you probably know all of this already but my point is that you will never see anything like that from EA. Ever.

D

Deleted member

I never said PC's were the best. Playing a FPS on anything but a PC is pretty silly unless you're using the Hori mouse and keypad for the playstation. I have the Hori mouse and keypad for my PS3 to play with friends.

Why is TF2 not credible to bring up? The game is 7 years old and a huge portion of the game is run by the community. Not to mention valve just paid out over a million dollars to map creators/third party community developers earlier this year. I'm sure you probably know all of this already but my point is that you will never see anything like that from EA. Ever.
Why is it silly? Halo (before CoD took over) and CoD both have thrived without the need for mouse/keyboard. I bet I could look at any of the players on a pro CoD team and the majority of them would be using a controller (if not all of them).

TF2 is the most casual piece of trash I've ever had the experience of playing. It is the Brawl of FPS games. Counter Strike would have been a better example.

Top Bottom