• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tired of emulator can't find melee anywhere

Music@Rush

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know where I can buy melee online or in stores, all my local stores are out of stock or dont hold melee anymore. Online amazon and ebay are all high priced. Unless I absolutely have to pay $50+ for it then ill buy it. but if anyone knows a good online store to buy it from could you let me know thanks.

Massive

Smash Champion
If you have a Wii, you can actually play melee directly off the iso by loading it off an SD card/External hard-drive.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
If you have a Wii, you can actually play melee directly off the iso by loading it off an SD card/External hard-drive.

i thought you needed to authenticate it by ripping a legit copy in order for devolution to run it properly?

also, i play my melee by burning the ISO to a dvd and playing it in my wii using a backup GC app since my original melee disc won't load.

Massive

Smash Champion
i thought you needed to authenticate it by ripping a legit copy in order for devolution to run it properly?
If Devolution has this requirement, Devolution is garbage.
I use DIOS MIOS.

I usually don't recommend burning DVDs of anything for anyone, ever, mostly because I don't have a disk drive on my home machine (at all) and also because loading from a solid state medium is faster and reduces wear on your Wii (which has a disk drive lifespan of only a few years with regular use).

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
If Devolution has this requirement, Devolution is garbage.
I use DIOS MIOS.

I usually don't recommend burning DVDs of anything for anyone, ever, mostly because I don't have a disk drive on my home machine (at all) and also because loading from a solid state medium is faster and reduces wear on your Wii (which has a disk drive lifespan of only a few years with regular use).

well i only run melee on my console in disc format. the rest of my wii games are ran via USB loader.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah if you're really desperate, you'll need an SD Card/USB or external hard drive. You'll have to download Homebrew Channel on your Wii then download a USB Loader or DIOS MIOS booter. You have to go through an ass load of steps to get it to finally work, but if you persevere, you can finally play Smash (and any other Gamecube and Wii game) on a TV off of a USB. Seeing as how you're already playing it on Dolphin, you probably already have a Melee .iso in hand, so you should be good to go.

Otherwise, just buy a copy off of eBay.

I could walk you through the steps if you want, but I warn you that I'm not always on so I can be a liability.

Top Bottom