• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on Stage striking and counter-picking for Kirby?

wingey1984

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9039-9794
Hey guys, I'm going to my first tournament and I'm looking to rep my main Kirbs, but I need some help since I'm fairly new to the scene and need help with deciding on counter-picks.

The starter stages are Final D, Battlefield and Yoshi's Island. Counter-pick stages include Arena Ferox, Prism Tower and Omega Form stages. 2 stock, 5 min.

Which of these is Kirby better on? From playing, it seems that Battlefield is the best overall for Kirby, with Yoshi's Island being good against faster characters with projectiles and Final D being horrible in general for all matchups. Prism Tower has walkoff portions as well which ruins my gimp ability so that's a bad pick too?

Also, which match-ups do you think it would be better to switch to my secondary, Bowser?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Prism might be good because you can come up from under the stage (during the flying part). If you good with Kirbicide then any Omega Mode with Slant Edges. Other wise the Flat Wall for Stone and if you are verses someone that cannot wall jump or stick to walls (Greninja/Sheik).

I believe Arena Ferox is a bad stage... unless you have the lead or something.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ My few cents, Prism Tower I believe is good overall, but not good against fast aerial characters. Yoshi's Island is the best stage, mostly recommended against characters with bad attack range and/or function well on flat stages. If your fighting big characters or projectile spammers then Battlefield is your better stage.

Top Bottom