• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on Setting up Safer KOs?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Hey guys, I play a really defensive Sheik, and while I don't have much of an issue comboing or camping, I have too much trouble finding reliable set ups to KO with. I know most of her aerials kill at high percents, her smashes kill at decent percents, and BF is godlike (assuming you land it), but I run into way too many where I either have trouble edgeguarding good players with good recoveries, or I'm too hesitant to land a smash attack, as they have way too much endlag. Pretty tired of fighting characters like Bowser and Wario and they end up living to like 200% + percent before I kill them with a fair or bair, like wtf. lol

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Hey guys, I play a really defensive Sheik, and while I don't have much of an issue comboing or camping, I have too much trouble finding reliable set ups to KO with. I know most of her aerials kill at high percents, her smashes kill at decent percents, and BF is godlike (assuming you land it), but I run into quite a few issues where I either have trouble edgeguarding good players with good recoveries, or I'm too hesitant to land a smash attack, as they have way too much endlag. Pretty tired of fighting characters like Bowser and Wario and they end up living to like 200% + percent before I kill them with a fair or bair, like wtf. lol

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
BF is particularly good offstage. Do you land many grabs? Throwing them offstage and following up with BF is quite a common killing setup, and depending on the character it can kill very early.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
BF is particularly good offstage. Do you land many grabs? Throwing them offstage and following up with BF is quite a common killing setup, and depending on the character it can kill very early.
Grab is love and life for me, with Dthrow and Fthrow being most common for me. I recently figured out about the grab releases, but I know it doesn't work with everyone. Also, how do I lead into BF from a grab without some air dodging it?

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Do you're BF twice into their Airdodge, and once thhey figured you'd go for that combo wait for them to airdodge and then BF? Or just be faster then they can airdodge. Also, Fthror -> Fair-> BF can work, if you space correctly. You need to get used to it, but it's worth the effort.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can't always. sometimes you have to hope for the best. some times you can bait an air dodge.

I have the same issues killing. I suggest really try to manage your opponents damage so that you can combo into uair from ftilt or dtilt. Try and learn your opponents habits or condition them to pick certain choices and then punish them for picking an option you expect to happen.
They always roll behind me when I do "X" now they are at killo percent so I do X (or fake like I will do X) and fsmash behind me for a kill.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Grab is love and life for me, with Dthrow and Fthrow being most common for me. I recently figured out about the grab releases, but I know it doesn't work with everyone. Also, how do I lead into BF from a grab without some air dodging it?
It's in the timing, you don't always have to jump straight into a BF, you can delay it too to throw them off. You can even do empty jumps to bait airdodges and follow up with something else. This game is generally very sparing on concrete followups, so it's a case of baiting and outwitting in most cases. The key to having them offstage with BF in your arsenal is it puts you in firm command of the situation. They know they're in a lot of danger and you know you have the chance for a kill. As long as you aren't too hungry and maintain composure, you should be able to make something of the situation even if it isn't a kill.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Unstaled Uair is a good kill option. It can be difficult to combo into at percents at which it actually kills. I've noticed meany people recover high: if they think you're gonna fair them , they jump. Think about this and jump also, catching their jump with a Uair. I've killed many opponents with this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom